Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holyfield now ranked 16th by WBC!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Holyfield now ranked 16th by WBC!!

How does he lose a spot after a sucessfull win against a world ranked contender?? I just don't understand how the rating system can be so manipulated and fu**ed up!! Some how he was ranked 15th after beating a guy that sells insurance and now he is ranked 16 after a good performance against a world ranked contender. Makes no sense to me at all. Crap like this is definitely part of what is killing boxing. And by the way Holyfield of now ranked 13th by the WBO and as far as I know he is still unranked by the WBA and IBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Holyfield now ranked 16th by WBC!!

The same way that okhello dude gets a title shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm a big fan of evanders, i hope he retires soon before he gets hurt even more then he already has so him going the rankungs is good, maybe he'll retire.........................yeah ok i know he won't but no harm in hoping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a conspiracy I tell you,

CONSPIRACY....

and a merciful one at that!

El Kabong Guest

either way he's going to end up getting a shot at Valuev. Whether he goes through the WBC gets the title and tries to unify or whether he picks off a highly rated WBA opponent trying to work their way up to a title shot of their own.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, and it's deserved, He defeated a unknown fighter and a another one who was on a comeback track also....

Evander will be ranked above this ranking when he'll defeat someone of the top10 in my opinion. His performance against Donald still in memories and it was too painful.

ICB Guest

his ranked 72 on box rec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    either way he's going to end up getting a shot at Valuev. Whether he goes through the WBC gets the title and tries to unify or whether he picks off a highly rated WBA opponent trying to work their way up to a title shot of their own.
    ok lyle, im confused bud, you agree about him deserving/getting a title shot, but in the post with Bowe-holyfield fighting you stated the following
    Sure I would watch it!

My reason....to let the fools know that neither Bowe nor Evander will EVER challenge for a title again.

It's time to hang them up fellas
    not pickin on ya, just wondering what side of the fence your on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't pay attention to the alphabet rankings: they are purchased, not earned. Here are the only rankings that count:

http://www.thering-online.com/ringpages/ratings2.html

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    ok lyle, im confused bud, you agree about him deserving/getting a title shot, but in the post with Bowe-holyfield fighting you stated the following
    Sure I would watch it!

My reason....to let the fools know that neither Bowe nor Evander will EVER challenge for a title again.

Well this is what I see happening:

I see an aging fighter who has been in numerous battles and is a hall of famer...but he's lost his youth, skills, and reflexes.

I see a promoter who would put his mother in a fight vs a prime heavyweight if it would make money and wouldn't think twice.

I also see that promoter with a control of one unbeaten biggest heavyweight title holder ever.

Do you trust Don King to handle Evander Holyfield in a way that will let him walk away from the sport? This is the man who held up Nigel Benn's hand in victory while his other fighter slumped to the canvas with brain damage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see an aging fighter who has been in numerous battles and is a hall of famer...but he's lost his youth, skills, and reflexes.

I see a promoter who would put his mother in a fight vs a prime heavyweight if it would make money and wouldn't think twice.

I also see that promoter with a control of one unbeaten biggest heavyweight title holder ever.

Do you trust Don King to handle Evander Holyfield in a way that will let him walk away from the sport? This is the man who held up Nigel Benn's hand in victory while his other fighter slumped to the canvas with brain damage!

Ok I can agree with most of what you are saying except for one major thing. In Evander's last fight he proved that without a doubt he has not lost any reflexes.... If Evander had lost his reflexes then he wouldn't of been able to block Fres's punches and make Fres miss him like he did. David Tua was unable to accomplish this. Fres was picking Tua apart before Tua finally dropped the bomb on him!! And after Fres's fight's with Bryd and Tua nobody was calling for either of them to retire because there reflexes were gone. Those are just facts. Yeah I agree Holy did appear to have lost his reflexes in his fights with Toney, Donald and Bryd. But he did claim those were due to injuries. And he did have those surgeries he claimed. So give him the benefit of the doubt. And in his fight with Fres he did look much better then Bryd or Tua were able to look against him. I know what your going to say and that is that Fres isn't a legit contender right. Well at this point in heavyweight boxing who is?? Fres was good enough to have twice challenged for pieces of the heavyweight title in the last few years and he wasn't any worse against then, then he was against Holy.

El Kabong Guest

was Fres being "Fast" Fres Oquendo of the David Tua fight or Chris Byrd fight

Or was he the Fres Oquendo of the Javier Mora fight

That's the question cheif.....anyone can look good against a guy who's not in shape or trying to win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    Sure I would watch it!

Brutal but yet so true...Don King? Why is he not in jail? O yea, $$$ lawyers. EH is going to get hurt badly soon but thats his deal not mine.
    Anyway Lyle..................................BOWLING BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

was Fres being "Fast" Fres Oquendo of the David Tua fight or Chris Byrd fight

Or was he the Fres Oquendo of the Javier Mora fight

That's the question cheif.....anyone can look good against a guy who's not in shape or trying to win

It's actually pretty simple. I'm not going to argue about what fight Fres looked best in and compare that to what he looked like against Holyfield because it doesn't matter and you can't really gage fighters like that. The fact is he was throwing fast punches at Evander Holyfield when they fought each other. If Holyfield's reflexes were gone then he would not of been able to block or avoid the punches that were being thrown at him. Holyfield still has his reflexes and he can still compete with the best of them. Even though that really isn't saying very much due to the current state of the heavyweight division. I honestly think that if the division wasn't so weak that he would of retired long ago. But he still believes he has a shot at regaining the undisputed heavyweight championship. And sadly enough with the horrible champions we have today he might actually have a chance to do that.. Althought I do think he should stay away from Klitschko. Klitschko would probably hurt him bad but then again he has a glass jaw and we all know one punch could do him in. So in that regards the heavyweight division is wide open and Holyfield has as good of a shot as the next guy!

El Kabong Guest

But what I am saying is Evander is a shell of his former self and Fres is even MORE of a shell....it's like Tito vs Mayorga you can't get a good judge of what Holyfield is ready for when he's fighting a guy who's 21-11-1 and then a guy who has struggled with a sorry ass fighter after taking a long layoff.

Evander might look like the best new thing in the division but he hasn't fought anyone NEAR a contender status....Oquendo WAS a contender at one time but obviously not anymore.

You cannot judge Holyfield on what he has done vs two bums, he's going to get killed and it's idiot fans like yourself who would let Evander hop in the ring with a guy like Wladimir, Sam Peter, or Nicolay Valuev

Thread Information