Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Message from Audley Harrison!

I thought I’d write a little message to let you know that I have absolutely no intention of retiring and that I am back in training. I fully intend to work hard and show to myself, my team and the boxing public that my last two performances were nowhere near the level that I know that I can reach. My team are frustrated and disappointed with my last two performances but have assured me they will get me another opportunity to get back in the ring as soon as possible and start winning again.

I’m not making excuses or looking to blame anybody but myself for my current predicament but I’m confident that the best of me is yet to come and if I make some adjustments, I can rediscover my enthusiasm and re-dedicate myself to my goal of winning a world title.

The only time that retirement will become an option is if an opponent either outclasses me and takes me out or I can no longer find the motivation to train anymore and to put my body through the hours and hours of physical toil in the gym. Neither of these two things have been the problems with the last two fights. I’ve basically given away my last two fights by not switching on. Upon hours of reflection and discussions with all of my team, I have realised that I have turned up to fight without being 100% prepared for victory which has lead to my lack of performance.

To cut a long story short, Thell is no longer involved with my training due to his lengthy commitments to Hasim Rahman. My confidence and focus comes from knowing that I have done all that I need to do in camp and that I am ready for victory no matter what my opponent brings. I can honestly say that for my last two fights this has not been the case and this has been reflected in the ring. As a result, this week I fly to Florida to begin working with Buddy McGirt. I believe that Buddy has what it takes to help me improve my performances in training camp and in the ring. I’ve been told that I will be in the ring again before the end of June so I’m going back to training and going to give it 100% to overcome the failings of my last two performances.

I’m grateful to Kenny Croom for coming back on board to help with this fight at short notice, and also to Kelvyn Travis and my brother Terry who all mucked in to get the job done as best they could. Also, I wish to thank the strength coach we employed George Whitehead and padman Luis Lagerman along with my chiropractor William Moyal who came on board and assisted me during camp. Also, I want to thank the rest of my team and especially my Business Manager Hazel Bruno-Gilbert who came out to Miami and to the fight and set everything up for the team allowing me to switch off from everything except boxing. Also, I want to express thanks to my advisor Al Haymon for getting me opportunities and continuing to believe in my potential.

To be honest, the answer lies within me and it’s taken two unnecessary losses for me to realise how close I’ve come to throwing so much away. Life for me has never been easy, but I’ve always found a way to overcome adversity and defy common opinion and achieve my goals. This is the biggest challenge of my life so far, at a time when I have so much personal satisfaction in my life – a beautiful wife and a baby on the way – I refuse to end my career like this. To all my family, friends and all those fans and associates who have believed in me and listened to my rhetoric over the years, I REFUSE TO WALK AWAY. I am going to train harder, listen more, believe more, focus more and do whatever is necessary to get back on track.

No more Bull….

There will less talking from me as I focus my life and energies on training camp and future fights but big love to the fans that stay loyal and wish to see me succeed despite the obstacles ahead.

Bless up

A-Force – Still Believing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Message from Audley Harrison!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never seen such a bigger coward in the ring

of course he wont retire. his playboy lifestyle needs to be bank rolled

El Kabong Guest

How can he make money by being a coward?

Who's the best guy he could have a chance at beating out there? Surely not even Valuev or Ruiz...Fres Oquendo??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

awww, nice letter, Well Audley you get one more chance from me... Prove yourself
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not convinced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny Williams was right, Audley is all about the champagne lifestyle, going out partying and living the gangsta life. His desire was already killed before he turned pro, everybody patted him on the back telling he was going to be an ATG, he started believing it, fought some bums, looked spectacular and then came up short when he faced two men who needed a career boosting fight.

Audley has all the skills in the world, big, powerful, skilled, southpaw but is lacking the Holyfield warrior mentality.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    im not convinced
    It would take A LOT for me to be convinced, I heard the same things before the Guinn fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    im not convinced
    It would take A LOT for me to be convinced, I heard the same things before the Guinn fight.
    audley hasnt beaten ANYONE yet, and to think he's now going to make all the right adjustments at the age of 34 and somehow get it right in order to be given a shot before he is too old is probably just wishful thinking.....good luck to him but i dont think the odds are good to say the least....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CasperUK
    fought some bums, looked spectacular
    Hmm I must have missed those ones

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

audley is darn hard work to watch.....he doesnt actually do anything in the ring...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

audley is darn hard work to watch.....he doesnt actually do anything in the ring...
    Hooray my 100th coolclick. I'll return it when Karma lets me in 24 hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give it up

Audrey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all i can say is this:

Actions speak louder than words

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a coward!! Not being harsh, but he is terrified of getting hurt and doesn't hit his opponent because he fears being hit back.

Anybody can do that - it's the bravery that sets boxers apart from the rest of us, or else we would all be in there having a go and making a fortune

He should not even have been paid for his two fights!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Thread Information