Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wow this is like fuking Blade Runner!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wow this is like fuking Blade Runner!

Has anyone used the new Google Street View yet?

I'm just having a wonder around now, its really clever you can pan around 360 degrees, zoom in to a quite impressive level and then journey off in selected directions.

It's pretty clever technology very much like that photo enhance machine in Blade Runner where they can zoom into photos, change the angle, look round corners etc.

Pretty cool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wow this is like fuking Blade Runner!

You seen the ones with the guy chucking up outside the pub in London and the van driver sticking two fingers up? It is genius

I deleted the pissin email.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It does'nt work for me.I drag the little orange guy icon over where i want(like London)to view the street view guild then all of a sudden the screen goes blank.Anyone else having this problem??I really want to check it out too,DAMN!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe you don't have flash or something installe Yvonne?

Try a different web browser as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it great to try to find the ancient cities and buildings like the pyramids and stuff..

It would be good for your Bilbo and people in America because the shots are really detailed and you can zoom in a lot, but some countries like up the top of Canada and stuff and some parts of Australia you can't really zoom in past this really high blury level.. And some places are just black because they havn't bothered to photograph it I think... But I don't think that is the case with a city..

I tried looking up places like Area 51 and stuff but again it plays funny buggers..

There was also a photo from there of this old guy walking out of an adult store and his wife found out or something.. Think that's what happened..
    It's cool how you can lead yourself down a street and turn corners etc.. :-) I did that for my old house and around my work and my boss's car was pulling out of the carpark when the shot was taken.. Woulda been great if she was picking her nose or something..

Watch where you're having an affair because google earth could catch you out..

I betcha sometime there will be a wave of people trying to get caught doing crazy things on Google Earth.. It'll be like a new fad..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    I find it great to try to find the ancient cities and buildings like the pyramids and stuff..

It would be good for your Bilbo and people in America because the shots are really detailed and you can zoom in a lot, but some countries like up the top of Canada and stuff and some parts of Australia you can't really zoom in past this really high blury level.. And some places are just black because they havn't bothered to photograph it I think... But I don't think that is the case with a city..

I tried looking up places like Area 51 and stuff but again it plays funny buggers..

There was also a photo from there of this old guy walking out of an adult store and his wife found out or something.. Think that's what happened..
    It's cool how you can lead yourself down a street and turn corners etc.. :-) I did that for my old house and around my work and my boss's car was pulling out of the carpark when the shot was taken.. Woulda been great if she was picking her nose or something..

Watch where you're having an affair because google earth could catch you out..

I betcha sometime there will be a wave of people trying to get caught doing crazy things on Google Earth.. It'll be like a new fad..
    yeah definitely, I imagine it will become so popular that it will be a new form of advertising with businesses shamelessly flouting banners and posters along major routes.

Soon half the cars photo'd on the roads will be advertising and you just know there will loads of streakers, people with John 3.16 placards, guys asking girls to marry them etc, every scene will just be ridiculous as groups of people and companies clamour for attention along the routes.

I'm picturing naked, juggling unicyclists with performing monkeys and dogs on roller skates!

And of course 'Where's Wally' will be a craze all over again

Thread Information