Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default berto vs mosley

who wins and why i can't see mosley getting past berto at this stage in his career,for me berto will be just to young and fresh for mosley and i can see the fight getting stoped around the 8th or 9th.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: berto vs mosley

That's probably what Margacheato thought, also.

El Kabong Guest

If Cotto couldn't stop Shane then I doubt Berto gets close....I think Shane stops Berto around 7-9. Andre has fast hands but I just doubt he has it in him to beat Shane. There is a blueprint to beat Shane but Berto has neither the body type nor the skill set to impliment such a plan (Forrest, Wright)....Cotto just outgutted and outworked Shane

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If his expiration date has not arrived, I think Shane wins it again, he really impressed me in his last few bouts for an "old man" and I don't see what Berto might have that the others didn't. The only condition is the expiration date.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    That's probably what Margacheato thought, also.

he got very lucky in that fight imo

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto might beat Mosley, but I'd be amazed if he stopped him.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley all day and night.This old man is just has way to much depth for spotty and still learning Berto.Cannot fathom how he would stop Mosley,a cut maybe...heart attack.But thats it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm picking Berto. Shane looked like crap against Mayorga and Margarito was a style begging to be exposed which Cotto would have done had he stuck with the gameplan and had the mentality to keep boxing him. Berto is a whole different kind of fighter, has some fundamentals and some speed, and im pretty sure he is pissed at the trash Shane has been talking which has been surprising to me too. Shane usually isnt one to talk trash yet he is claiming he is gonna stop Berto quickly. It almost echos his overconfidence against Vernon Forrest and we all know what happened there. Plus, it's not like Shane has fixed the problems Forrest exposed, it's just that no one else has tried anything like it. If Cotto can outbox Shane a few years ago I don't see any reason why Berto can't. I think Berto wins this fight.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

undecided yet. i'll post my pick last week of january next year.

El Kabong Guest

Majesty just how did Shane look like crap vs Margarito Shane smacked the crap out of that cheating bastard!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I'm picking Berto. Shane looked like crap against Mayorga and Margarito was a style begging to be exposed which Cotto would have done had he stuck with the gameplan and had the mentality to keep boxing him. Berto is a whole different kind of fighter, has some fundamentals and some speed, and im pretty sure he is pissed at the trash Shane has been talking which has been surprising to me too. Shane usually isnt one to talk trash yet he is claiming he is gonna stop Berto quickly. It almost echos his overconfidence against Vernon Forrest and we all know what happened there. Plus, it's not like Shane has fixed the problems Forrest exposed, it's just that no one else has tried anything like it. If Cotto can outbox Shane a few years ago I don't see any reason why Berto can't. I think Berto wins this fight.
    Totally agree thats what i've been saying all along, and don't forget Shane Mosley has fits vs a good jabber. Remember Vernon Forrest, Winky Wright, dominated Shane Mosley with there jab. And Miguel Cotto controlled Shane Mosley behind the jab aswell, and Andre Berto has a solid jab when he uses it IMO.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Totally agree thats what i've been saying all along, and don't forget Shane Mosley has fits vs a good jabber. Remember Vernon Forrest, Winky Wright, dominated Shane Mosley with there jab. And Miguel Cotto controlled Shane Mosley behind the jab aswell, and Andre Berto has a solid jab when he uses it IMO.
    Vernon is a tall, lanky guy when compared to Mosley, and basically caught Mosley cold with some power shots. I think it was more that than the jab. Winky is a defensive master with an airtight defense, as well as being a crafty southpaw. Although granted, his jab presented problems to Mosley. Cotto DID dominate Mosley with his jab, arguably Cotto's best boxing exhibition ever. But Berto? He's fast, flashy, and a bit of a hot dog. But he'll get taken apart by the veteran Mosley. One thing Cotto and Mosley have in excess that Berto has still yet to show: heart. Mosley will KTFO him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley 117-112

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Early in the fight Mosley has the fight. Too much ring savvy for Berto to be effective, if the fight makes it to the later rounds, starting from about the 7th Berto can take the fight away as Mosley's age starts showing.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Early in the fight Mosley has the fight. Too much ring savvy for Berto to be effective, if the fight makes it to the later rounds, starting from about the 7th Berto can take the fight away as Mosley's age starts showing.

Has Mosley ever faded in a fight?? I think it's the complete opposite, if Berto is going to win he'll need to grab the early rounds, he's certainly not going to grind Mosley down and make him pay late...

Thread Information