Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If not Berto...then who?

Obviously Floyd picked an easy fight, but can we honestly say there is a tough fight out there for him?
    The suggestions being thrown out are just as much a joke as Berto. He beat Manny, there are literally no threats left unless Cotto can get passed Canelo. Considering how much Freddie studied Floyd and how much trouble Cotto gave him, it's the only fight that carries some measure of "maybe Mayweather can lose." Otherwise, no matter who of the bunch Floyd picked, we would be watching him cruise to a victory. I challenge anyone to name a threat to Floyd at this point?

All I'm waiting for now is to see who Manny fights next and how he looks. I have a slight feeling Floyds 50th will be a Manny rematch. Subtract all the disappointed casual fans, and you will still get well over 2 million buys for that fight. It makes sense no?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If not Berto...then who?

In no particular order...

Thurman
    Kel Brook
    Danny Garcia
    Shawn Porter
    Timothy Bradley
    Amir Khan
    Jermell Charlo
    Sadam Ali
    Matthysse
    Postol

Off the top of my head, those fights would have been more interesting than Berto.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think his 50th will probably be against the winner of Cotto/Canelo, so he can add "linear MW champ" to his resume and retire.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    Obviously Floyd picked an easy fight, but can we honestly say there is a tough fight out there for him?
    The suggestions being thrown out are just as much a joke as Berto. He beat Manny, there are literally no threats left unless Cotto can get passed Canelo. Considering how much Freddie studied Floyd and how much trouble Cotto gave him, it's the only fight that carries some measure of "maybe Mayweather can lose." Otherwise, no matter who of the bunch Floyd picked, we would be watching him cruise to a victory. I challenge anyone to name a threat to Floyd at this point?

All I'm waiting for now is to see who Manny fights next and how he looks. I have a slight feeling Floyds 50th will be a Manny rematch. Subtract all the disappointed casual fans, and you will still get well over 2 million buys for that fight. It makes sense no?
    Cotto could have made a strong case and sold it by playing off their last fight if he had the right personality. Making claims (whether they are fact or not) like:

"I was stronger than you", "You barely beat me", "I'll knock your ass out next time and you know it" or whatever.

It's no secret that Floyd is a sensitive guy and would have taken the bait. Mosley did it by interrupting Floyd's interview (after the Marquez fight I think).

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman, Khan and Brooks would be 3 hungry young fighters that would have a better chance and desire to win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley would beat:-

Brook
    Thurman
    Khan

He finds a way to win and has fought better competition than all the above.

He lost to pac but he actually did have a genuine injury to his ankle.

Either way, pac had his number.

Bradley "could" be on the slide so he needs to throw himself in the mix.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't really Blame Floyd, but no fighter should have such control of a sport that he can pick and choose who he fights,especially to the extent of a mismatch against someone barely in the top 20 in the division. Floyd has had a complete gut full of boxing and just wants this fight over. I commend him for seeing out his contract, and I think he's genuine when he says he is definitely retiring. You can never tell if anyone "gets the itch again" after a certain amount of time, but I reckon there will be no 50th fight.
    In answer to the question, if the people who are supposed to control boxing had the balls to do something about it, in order, I think:
    Bradley
    Thurman/Brook
    And that's it. Nobody is saying they could win, but they are the best he hasn't fought in the division and deserve it.
    Cotto , Canelo, Pac - been there , done that, why should he? And what would be different?
    GGG at 154lbs - let's be fair, as interesting and challenging as it sounds,why should Floyd, at 38, put himself at all the disadvantages just to make everyone happy? Floyd has never been a proper LMW, and GGG is a very powerful guy. Having said all that, if it ever happened,I would still make Floyd favourite.
    Khan - no more worthy than Berto really, and why should he be able to talk his way into a big payday. Nobody else did. Fuck him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a rematch of the canelo vs cotto winner would make sense from a business point for floyd.

Why would he even bother with anyone else as this could be the biggest money making rematch for him apart from pac.

Brook needs to start making some noise and start calling out thurman and garcia and stop chasing khan.

Floyds career is far from over.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG should call out that Fraud and say I am the true middleweight champion and do not even pretend Cotto v Canelo is!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    GGG should call out that Fraud and say I am the true middleweight champion and do not even pretend Cotto v Canelo is!
    GGG should stop bullying the little ones and call out ward.

GGG will make money with the victor of the canelo/cotto winner so I can't blame him for doing that but the real purist know he won't set foot in the ring with ward.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

GGG will make money with the victor of the canelo/cotto winner so I can't blame him for doing that but the real purist know he won't set foot in the ring with ward.
    The real purist know that Canelo v Cotto is not for the middleweight title especially when Floyd takes on the winner for his 50th fight. 2 fighters he has already beat.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The real purist know that Canelo v Cotto is not for the middleweight title especially when Floyd takes on the winner for his 50th fight. 2 fighters he has already beat.
    Floyd has fought every type of style and beat every type of style and will never fight at 160.

He is on the throne whether we like it or not and if cotto does the business I expect a rematch.

GGG can get canelo and step up to 168 and fight a degale or groves then ward.

We all know floyd is fighting out of his weight class and is a multi weight champion

GGG was happy to fight a blown up crusierweight in chavez jr but seems to ignore the P4P no.2 in andre ward.

No more excuses.

Why is GGG team steering him away from ward?...because we all know what will happen.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I agree but Fraud better not sell his fight with Canelo/Cotto as middleweight champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has fought every type of style and beat every type of style and will never fight at 160.

He is on the throne whether we like it or not and if cotto does the business I expect a rematch.

GGG can get canelo and step up to 168 and fight a degale or groves then ward.

We all know floyd is fighting out of his weight class and is a multi weight champion

GGG was happy to fight a blown up crusierweight in chavez jr but seems to ignore the P4P no.2 in andre ward.

No more excuses.

Why is GGG team steering him away from ward?...because we all know what will happen.
    Hang on a minute, GGG is not a SMW, but even so, it's likely he beats every SMW out there EXCEPT Ward. So if he's fighting Ward, he wants a catch weight. Obviously that isn't going to happen, forget about it. Why is everyone obsessed about going through the weights? Floyd can do it, but Floyd is EXCEPTIONAL!
    Ward is the finest SMW on the planet by a long way, but he doesn't fight enough, and despite talking about just about everyone, he fights Paul Smith! I didn't hear you talk about Ward fighting Kovalev?
    And don't start me on Canelo & Cotto, they're both making themselves look a pair of pricks blatantly avoiding GGG. I guarantee that whoever wins, WILL NOT fight GGG.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd 'get' Berto a hell of a lot easier if not for some absurd PPV price tag. Instead of one finger he holds up both. This cow won't be fit for chuck steak once he's done milking

Thread Information