Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Will Cotto Be The Same

I have seen the Marg/Cotto fight over 10 times and although Cotto was seemingly on his way to UD victory you can see Margarito literally steal his heart and beat the fighter out of him, that was as about as brutal of an ending as you will see, whether it was the polarizing images or the drama of the announcing or the magnitude of the ethnic boxing rivalry between Puerto Rico and Mexico.

Cotto who already had a questionable chin, no doubt has a huge dent in it, and that dosent bode well against guys like Clottey, Williams, Berto, Cintron and even Margarito who IMO Cotto should avoid him like the plague or that will be the end of him for good...

I know great fighters comeback from adversity but very few can comeback from a demolishen like that and regain even half of their former self..

Good Luck to him going forward, I hate to see such a spectacular fighter and up on the scrap heap, like a Meldrick Taylor maybe even Jeff Lacy depending on how he looks this weekend.. Boxing is such an unforgiving sport

ICB Guest

Default Re: Will Cotto Be The Same

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I have seen the Marg/Cotto fight over 10 times and although Cotto was seemingly on his way to UD victory you can see Margarito literally steal his heart and beat the fighter out of him, that was as about as brutal of an ending as you will see, whether it was the polarizing images or the drama of the announcing or the magnitude of the ethnic boxing rivalry between Puerto Rico and Mexico.

Cotto who already had a questionable chin, no doubt has a huge dent in it, and that dosent bode well against guys like Clottey, Williams, Berto, Cintron and even Margarito who IMO Cotto should avoid him like the plague or that will be the end of him for good...

I know great fighters comeback from adversity but very few can comeback from a demolishen like that and regain even half of their former self..

Good Luck to him going forward, I hate to see such a spectacular fighter and up on the scrap heap, like a Meldrick Taylor maybe even Jeff Lacy depending on how he looks this weekend.. Boxing is such an unforgiving sport
    He will never be the same mentally IMO, when someone beats you like that and takes your heart/pride like that. Its hurts any fighter real bad mentally, and that scar will always be there.

And when he is in another tough fight which he will be, the Antonio Margarito fight will always be in the back of his mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow no one else has an opinion about this?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trust me, I have an opinion on this.

But I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to voice it.

The bossman is lurking, so I have to watch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Ds Next Baby Mama View Post
    Trust me, I have an opinion on this.

But I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to voice it.

The bossman is lurking, so I have to watch it.
    Dont get to bent out of shape Di, I wasnt taking a shot at him, its just the question is appropriate seeing how brutal the fight was

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess we'll soon see. I really really hope he can get over the KO loss but fighting Margarito so soon isn't exactly the best route to take to do so. I know people that need humbling or a challenge to bring out their absolute best and I hope Cotto is like that.

If he doesn't recover, then we can all say no one can fully recover from something like that. But if does, it would just make me that much bigger of a fan.

Will Cotto Be The Same? My answer is, I hope so..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to disagree with JT and Ice. I think the determination with which Cotto is pursuing the rematch demonstrates that while Margarito may have beaten him, he did not break his will or his spirit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Losses affect fighters differently: Some put it to one side, take the experience and come back stronger.

Others dwell on the defeat and never regain the form they showed previousley.

Only time we will tell which one Cotto fits into when he fights again. And until then we just have to keep on guessing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think his chin held up all right against Margo, he just got overwhelmed.

I don't think he's done or anything, there could be some credence to the idea that he won't want to put himself through many wars anymore though, just is a wait and see thing, nobody knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear what your saying, but he didnt get KO'd he got beaten into submission, he didnt quit on his stool, he took knee's because it was to much for him to take.. I hope he is the same, but give me a past example of a fighter of Cotto's caliber that was beaten up that badly, and came back like he never missed a tick and was restored to greatness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear what your saying, but he didnt get KO'd he got beaten into submission, he didnt quit on his stool, he took knee's because it was to much for him to take.. I hope he is the same, but give me a past example of a fighter of Cotto's caliber that was beaten up that badly, and came back like he never missed a tick and was restored to greatness
    I actually didn't think the KO was that bad.

I mean he completely domianted the first half.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I have to disagree with JT and Ice. I think the determination with which Cotto is pursuing the rematch demonstrates that while Margarito may have beaten him, he did not break his will or his spirit.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go spread some luv around so I can hit you up with some rep for that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    I actually didn't think the KO was that bad.

I mean he completely domianted the first half.
    Lefty watch it again he got busted up pretty bad at the end, he was cut swollen and bleeding profusely along with a broken nose... Like I said in my 1st post the irony is he was well on his way to cruising to a UD, Marg was denting him up along the way and Cotto showed toughness, but at the end he got the fighter beaten out of him

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a first time for everything, and Cotto's just the guy that will prove you wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Ds Next Baby Mama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go spread some luv around so I can hit you up with some rep for that!
    You dont think Taylor felt the same way about the Chavez rematch?

Thread Information