Default The Alien vs the superman...

Who's going to win then?

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Alien vs the superman...

I hate Superman and I think the alien would win because it would carry Kryptonite.

BTW Superman is an alien too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins late stoppage/ or ud
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we're getting a little carried away here with last night's B-Hop win over the unimpressive Shumenov. UD? Maybe. Stoppage? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Now... how 'bout Alien vs. Krusher?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last nights fight would be the same as Hop vs Kovalev minus the knockdown. Hop is too clever n Kovalev isn't fast enough to bother him. Hop will pick him apart.

Adonis may present Hop with some problems. If Adonis is really as good as he seemed vs cloud n Dawson, he may prove hard for Hop to deal with due to Hops age. Stevenson is a big man n if he can maintain movement n a fast pace he can out hustle Hop.

If Dawson n Cliud were ruined n that contributed to Adonis' win, then Hop might be able to set some traps n make Stevenson hold his hands. Don't bet on this one because there r too many variables.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Last nights fight would be the same as Hop vs Kovalev minus the knockdown. Hop is too clever n Kovalev isn't fast enough to bother him. Hop will pick him apart.

Adonis may present Hop with some problems. If Adonis is really as good as he seemed vs cloud n Dawson, he may prove hard for Hop to deal with due to Hops age. Stevenson is a big man n if he can maintain movement n a fast pace he can out hustle Hop.

If Dawson n Cliud were ruined n that contributed to Adonis' win, then Hop might be able to set some traps n make Stevenson hold his hands. Don't bet on this one because there r too many variables.
    No offense but that's crazy talk and you have it backwards. Btw I think the play clock may run out on Hop against either one of them.

Kovalev is most certainly fast enough, has a great boxing brain, a solid D, great jab,Punches with both hands, feints so well that you cant make it out at times until they show the replay, has exceptional feet and a right hand mule kick that he seems able to throw from anywhere and in any position. He's no Kelly Pavlik. As much as I lament a fully unified division with an undisputed champion, I'm not sure I'd want to see this fight.

Stevenson is the lessor of two evils. He is not the brightest bulb in the hallway, seems to drift in and out of consciousness while upright and fighting, has two left feet, sloppy with his hands and is essentially a one handed fighter with a single mind set. In many ways, Kelly Pavlik. To top that off he's a southpaw. If anyone in boxing has figured out and sorted how to fight a leftie its Bernard Hopkins.

There is a real shot at seeing an undisputed champion here for once and I hope they pull it off but Stevenson has the "wbc" version and non unification is part of their mandate.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hopkins had little to fear from Shumenov, and that allowed him to employ his game plan at will. Kovalev is not too be confused with Shumenov. Lack of speed notwithstanding, Kovalev has dispatched some highly regarded fighters with ease. He is relentless, fearless, and will pressure the 49-year old B-Hop all night long. I don't see where the parallel is.

Stevenson has that one-punch power, so it's hard to predict what will happen. But that's where Hopkins' "veteran-ship" comes in. He's far to experienced to allow a one-shot bomb taking him out. IMO, he's far more likely to succumb to constant pressure, than to a lucky punch.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

No offense but that's crazy talk and you have it backwards. Btw I think the play clock may run out on Hop against either one of them.

Kovalev is most certainly fast enough, has a great boxing brain, a solid D, great jab,Punches with both hands, feints so well that you cant make it out at times until they show the replay, has exceptional feet and a right hand mule kick that he seems able to throw from anywhere and in any position. He's no Kelly Pavlik. As much as I lament a fully unified division with an undisputed champion, I'm not sure I'd want to see this fight.

Stevenson is the lessor of two evils. He is not the brightest bulb in the hallway, seems to drift in and out of consciousness while upright and fighting, has two left feet, sloppy with his hands and is essentially a one handed fighter with a single mind set. In many ways, Kelly Pavlik. To top that off he's a southpaw. If anyone in boxing has figured out and sorted how to fight a leftie its Bernard Hopkins.

There is a real shot at seeing an undisputed champion here for once and I hope they pull it off but Stevenson has the "wbc" version and non unification is part of their mandate.

Ha! You barely beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I think Hopkins had little to fear from Shumenov, and that allowed him to employ his game plan at will. Kovalev is not too be confused with Shumenov. Lack of speed notwithstanding, Kovalev has dispatched some highly regarded fighters with ease. He is relentless, fearless, and will pressure the 49-year old B-Hop all night long. I don't see where the parallel is.

Stevenson has that one-punch power, so it's hard to predict what will happen. But that's where Hopkins' "veteran-ship" comes in. He's far to experienced to allow a one-shot bomb taking him out. IMO, he's far more likely to succumb to constant pressure, than to a lucky punch.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well great minds lol.

I just cant get over the 114/113 Shu card. That could very well be the worst single card ever. Worse then Byrds in Lewis/Holyfield. Seriously HTF does a trained boxing judge gather that score? What was he doing during the fight?

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well great minds lol.

I just cant get over the 114/113 Shu card. That could very well be the worst single card ever. Worse then Byrds in Lewis/Holyfield. Seriously HTF does a trained boxing judge gather that score? What was he doing during the fight?

Hahaha!! That's exactly what he was probably doing. And you're right. I can't think of a single judges card in any fight that was as far off as that one. Well.... CJ Ross has her place cemented in that HOS as well.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is the card and its suspect to say the least. How does anyone score 9 and 10 to Shu let alone all 3. Hop literally owned those rounds. And the mistakes crossed out? Its no secret that a big part of the establishment no longer wants Hop around. He's bad for business.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roth and Morretti are two of the finest judges we have in the business.... very rarely they are involved in controversy.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You meant Bernard Hopkins v Roy Jones Jnr ?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Roth and Morretti are two of the finest judges we have in the business.... very rarely they are involved in controversy.
    I'd like them to explain rds 9 and 10. Padilla gets a pass on the mistake crossed out as he never did the sheet, the official score keeper did but they all handed in individual cards for each rd and they all gave Shu 9 and 10.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is the card and its suspect to say the least. How does anyone score 9 and 10 to Shu let alone all 3. Hop literally owned those rounds. And the mistakes crossed out? Its no secret that a big part of the establishment no longer wants Hop around. He's bad for business.

I just called the 202 number and left a voicemail for a 'Alfred Grant' asking the educational and pre fight medical examination requirements. Fingers crossed!!

Thread Information