Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deliberate fouls

The thread on 2-point fouls got me to thinking about the subject of deliberate fouls vs. the "I-couldn't-help-it" fouls.

Most fall into the 2nd category. The guy can't seem to raise his punches above the belt, and in the heat of the battle throws one too many low blows, thereby prompting the ref to deduct a point. Same for other fouls, such as holding behind the head, hitting behind the head... stuff like that. Sometimes it's a bit of a timing issue, such as when a fighter punches after the bell. A couple of those will probably get a point deducted.

How about the deliberate fouls, though? What deliberate fouls have you guys seen over the years that stand out in your head?

Someone mentioned Tyson's biting Holyfield's ear off. Now THAT'S a deliberate foul if there ever was one. Nothing accidental or timing-related there.

One other deliberate foul that stands out in my mind, believe it or not, is Judah's low blow - rabbit punch combination on Floyd Mayweather when these two guys fought. I couldn't believe how deliberate that was, every time I watched it. Judah was losing the fight to that point. All of a sudden, over in the corner... he obviously aims at Mayweather's cup and delivers a well-placed low blow. Then, when Floyd doubles over... Judah goes for behind the head. Hell... no wonder the Mayweathers took exception to that and got into it with Judah and his punk dad.

What other clearly deliberate fouls have you guys seen?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deliberate fouls

Hatton's low blow on Tszyu late in the fight. Mike Tyson and his elbow or forearm in some opponents face.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For men like BHOP, Henry Armstrong, El Alacran, Sandy Saddler and Smokin' Joe?

Fouls were a way of life and part of the overall game. Shots to the hips, even to the butt when the ref is on the other side when the fighters are in tight, forearms that mysteriously rise to the throat to get room, following a right hand with a right elbow for a second shot, grinding the chin or head into a shoulder, spinning a guy and hitting him, palming an injury and on and on it goes.

That kind of stuff to me is gamesmanship and I actually think it is part of the art.

It also reflects a real mindset about ta fight being a FIGHT. When Vargas had Tito in trouble, Tito went low. Was it legal? Nope. Deliberate? I thought so. Should he have risked losing instead?
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golota going Polish landshark and biting Sampson Pouha was as clear as it gets ....Nate Fitch kneeing Lou Savarese in the balls hurt. Jeff Franklin "breaking" Gabe Ruelas arm didn't look intentional...but still hard to watch! Terry Norris thugging a fallen Joe Walker in the back of the head, that was intentional.

Agapito Sanchez RIP might get his own thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

What other clearly deliberate fouls have you guys seen?
    Agapito Sanchez - Leg drop againts Pacquiao. That is the most clever foul i have ever seen

Andrew Golota - Low bombs on Riddick Bowe's testicles. Nasty!

Nedah Hussein - Sharp Elbows on Pac's Nose, Neck, Chin, Eyes the whole face.

Tyson - A chop on Vanders ear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyones mentioning Tyson biting Holyfields ear but what about the repeated headbutts Holyfield was dishing out to Tyson in both fights??

Also the low blows by hatton I seem to remember it was Tszyu who initiated the low blows??
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Golota going Polish landshark and biting Sampson Pouha was as clear as it gets ....Nate Fitch kneeing Lou Savarese in the balls hurt. Jeff Franklin "breaking" Gabe Ruelas arm didn't look intentional...but still hard to watch! Terry Norris thugging a fallen Joe Walker in the back of the head, that was intentional.

Agapito Sanchez RIP might get his own thread

LMFAO @ Polish landshark, and don't forget when Andy deliberately tried to disembowel Riddick Bowe.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson bending the arm of Botha,
    Corales spitting out his gum shield against Castillo,
    Whitaker bending his head below the belt line,
    Lennox leaning on his opponents,
    Ruiz holding onto his opponents,
    Vargas spitting on his opponent,
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerharvey View Post
    Everyones mentioning Tyson biting Holyfields ear but what about the repeated headbutts Holyfield was dishing out to Tyson in both fights??

Also the low blows by hatton I seem to remember it was Tszyu who initiated the low blows??
    Kostya hit him in the stomach with those shots and they were no where near intentionally thrown low, Hattons was intentional.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information