Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Alex Arthurs beggining to worry me..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Alex Arthurs beggining to worry me..

I was just thinking after the Murray v Thaxton fight how about Murray v Arthur, but now Arthur cant make 135 no more and is coming back at 140 .

Some interviews I have seen with Alex over the last 12-18 months just come across to me anyway that he has lost the plot, talking about winning multiple world titles fighting Pacquio, now in his latest statement he cant make 135 because since he has been out with his lay off he was balloned to 154 lbs, now im no expert but someone who hasnt fought for a long space of time and is quite a tall guy Arthurs what around 5'9 154 lbs would seem quite light would it not?? If he cant make 135 thats fair enough but after the Cook fight and all these medical problems we here of lately I dont see a happy ending for Arthur, I think he is way past his best.

CAPITAL boxer Alex Arthur admitted he was "delighted" that doctors have advised him he can now resume training.
    Concern over the outcome of recent blood tests had meant the former WBO super-featherweight champion had been told to take a lay-off from the ring pending further investigation. Fortunately, the problem has now been diagnosed and a solution "My blood tests and other examinations revealed that I have an underactive thyroid gland which could have caused me weight problems but that this can be safely controlled so that I can resume training and boxing again," explained Arthur.
    "During my latest lay-off my weight has ballooned up to eleven stone but I've been reassured that with hard training this can be brought down to the light-welterweight limit of ten stone so it looks like I won't be fighting at lightweight any more."
    And Arthur has been given a major incentive to get back up and running by his manager Frank Warren. "My goal now must be to take up the place he is reserving for me on 5 December on the undercard of Amir Khan's next world title defence – so this will definitely motivate me in my training regime," he said.
    Arthur, however, has pulled out of the party of boxers going to Freddie Roach's Los Angeles Wild Card gym on 15 October with his coach Terry McCormack.

"I don't want disrupt my new training regime in Edinburgh with transatlantic flying and the other diversions that going to LA might bring," said Arthur
    Meanwhile, South Queensferry lightweight Lewis Benson has been handed an early reward for his stunning 15-0 win over Scottish champion Barry Craig last week by being told that he has been selected to box for Scotland in Russia in a multi-nations tournament on 22 October.

"Lewis' selection is the icing on the cake for our club as we are going to be ultra-busy this month battling in rings on club shows all over Scotland," said South Queensferry coach Mark Geraghty.

"Our former Eastern featherweight champion Dave Cowan will box in Irvine on 17 October against West champion Mike Jamieson and again at Cleland on 23 October against Fauldhouse's James Armstrong.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Alex Arthurs beggining to worry me..

I think he lost the plot a few years ago when he started rambling about all the god nonsense.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Alex Arthurs beggining to worry me..

I am a fan of Alex but he must have some issue, mental issues.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information