Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default mundine

i read in todays paper that johnny lewis(trainer of kostya/fenech etc etc) thinks anthony mundine would be a great fighter especially if he dropped 3kg and went down to middleweight divsion.

roy jones senior seconds these thoughts.

any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: mundine

If Mundine could do it, he could be "The Man" as i think he would beat Taylor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would prefer to see Mundine put on 3kgs and face Paul Briggs. The Green Vs Mundine fight happened 2-3 years too late. Green was way past his prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That why some people thought he'd KO Mundine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe your right about Green Mundine being too late. The difference between Gren's two Beyer fights was amazing. He had no trouble getting to Beyer in the first fight and has looked more and more of a plodder since. His timing seems to have left him.

Mundine seems to be finding a better blend of attack and defence and is punching more and running less. The test for him will come against someone who can time him and match him with the jab like Kessler did. Mundine may fare better at middle as he's a small looking super middle. He must have bulked up above his natural frame to play Rugby league and had difficulty losing the extra weight. His father Tony fought at middle and actually had a bigger frame than Anthony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    I believe your right about Green Mundine being too late. The difference between Gren's two Beyer fights was amazing. He had no trouble getting to Beyer in the first fight and has looked more and more of a plodder since. His timing seems to have left him.

Mundine seems to be finding a better blend of attack and defence and is punching more and running less. The test for him will come against someone who can time him and match him with the jab like Kessler did. Mundine may fare better at middle as he's a small looking super middle. He must have bulked up above his natural frame to play Rugby league and had difficulty losing the extra weight. His father Tony fought at middle and actually had a bigger frame than Anthony
    I think the difference is that Greens style has changed and plus beyer figured him out. Also i think the dehydration inccident really fucked green. Saying that...mundine would of beaten danny anytime they fought. Danny fought well against mundine but not good enough, it aint like danny didnt fight good... mundines just better.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information