Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar De La Hoya Vs Fernando Vargas

Some people calling Delahoya overrated, I don’t think so ! I think he is Brilliant for what he’s done in and out of the ring. With Golden Boy Promotions . I say Oscar is one of the all time greats for all of his accomplishments

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar De La Hoya Vs Fernando Vargas 11th R KO Video Clip

but I suggest makng one thread for all these videos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar De La Hoya Vs Fernando Vargas 11th R KO Video Clip

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    but I suggest makng one thread for all these videos
    Yeah that might have been better ! But I wanted to spank up some chat with the individual threads. I posting my thoughts with the thread see what I mean ? .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar De La Hoya Vs Fernando Vargas

Have a cool click on me, cuz Oscar is the greatest of all time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Some people calling Delahoya overrated, I don’t think so ! I think he is Brilliant for what he’s done in and out of the ring. With Golden Boy Promotions . I say Oscar is one of the all time greats for all of his accomplishments

I respect Oscar, may have not liked him much but I respect him. He earned championships in 6 different weight divisions, which very few fighters have done (can't name any of the top of my head). But Oscar was prime to take over the boxing world after his gold medal victory. He was suppose to be the new Sugar Ray Leonard. He started off strong moving from Lightweight to Welter in strong fashion, he seemed to be living up to the hype. Then he fought Pernell Whitaker in his first mega fight for the ww championship. He gave a lackluster performance and the majority of the boxing world thought he lost the fight, even he was not happy after the fight and he just won the ww world championship of the world. His next mega fight was against Quartey, again another lackluster performance where much of the boxing world thought he lost (strong final round though). Trinidad was his biggest fight and he seemed to finally be living up to the hype but got winded and was cautious of a Tito knockout and started to run. He had a chance to redeem himself against Mosley and was outboxed 8-4 in his fourth mega fight. His fifth and final mega fight came against Bernard Hopkins at 160, and we no the outcome of that. He was never able to have the kind of success that Sugar Ray Leonard enjoyed (even though he had more star power) but he alway's showed heart. He is a HOF and one thing that nobody can take away from him is that he fought every big name of his generation (near his weight). He was not alway's impressive but he was never destroyed either. Is he a great fighter yes, but was he overated? (He was not Sugar Ray)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrandon

I respect Oscar, may have not liked him much but I respect him. He earned championships in 6 different weight divisions, which very few fighters have done (can't name any of the top of my head). But Oscar was prime to take over the boxing world after his gold medal victory. He was suppose to be the new Sugar Ray Leonard. He started off strong moving from Lightweight to Welter in strong fashion, he seemed to be living up to the hype. Then he fought Pernell Whitaker in his first mega fight for the ww championship. He gave a lackluster performance and the majority of the boxing world thought he lost the fight, even he was not happy after the fight and he just won the ww world championship of the world. His next mega fight was against Quartey, again another lackluster performance where much of the boxing world thought he lost (strong final round though). Trinidad was his biggest fight and he seemed to finally be living up to the hype but got winded and was cautious of a Tito knockout and started to run. He had a chance to redeem himself against Mosley and was outboxed 8-4 in his fourth mega fight. His fifth and final mega fight came against Bernard Hopkins at 160, and we no the outcome of that. He was never able to have the kind of success that Sugar Ray Leonard enjoyed (even though he had more star power) but he alway's showed heart. He is a HOF and one thing that nobody can take away from him is that he fought every big name of his generation (near his weight). He was not alway's impressive but he was never destroyed either. Is he a great fighter yes, but was he overated? (He was not Sugar Ray)
    Well the thing is nobody is Sugar Ray, Ray had his own style and brand of excitement, Oscar is a little more flat footed but made up for it by being extremely deliberate with his punches. Its kind of like apples and oranges, they both good ! IMO- thanks for the reply

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Oscar is a legend of this era for sure.I mean multiple weight champ,an incredible resume and some great fights too.Not only that but I am sure he has been good for boxing,brought more fans in and has a very positive image.I just wish he would hurry and make his mind up about retiring and IF he knew he was going to take the fight all along,he loses alot of respect from me for dragging the whole scenario out for far too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    I think Oscar is a legend of this era for sure.I mean multiple weight champ,an incredible resume and some great fights too.Not only that but I am sure he has been good for boxing,brought more fans in and has a very positive image.I just wish he would hurry and make his mind up about retiring and IF he knew he was going to take the fight all along,he loses alot of respect from me for dragging the whole scenario out for far too long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    You need a little patience. Oscar have allot to think about and take in consideration. His health for one, the man looks unscaved, and speaks well ! he looks fantastic , fighting Mayweather could change all that, Age is a MOFO . Fighting someone like Floyd late in your career is not an easy decision when you financially secure . If Oscar does it, he does it for love of the game, but he has a beautiful wife and a great financial future with GB promotions to think about. The risks are greater when you have something to lose. Its like Foreman making over $100 million a year on the grill, why the hell he would even think about getting in the ring. See what im saying. It is love for the game. everyone that got into this business did for love of this sport, all this money is a by-product of hard work and love for getting in that ring a fighting someone. makes my mouth water.. But I say when you have the Doe and you Old you got to GO ! that’s how I see it anyway- Thanksfor the reply
    Wow,you are a big big Oscar fan aren't you? I can feel the love in your statements!! I agree,it must be difficult to make the decision but I don't like the constant let's make a press conference,let me go to an island to make up my mind etc etc nonsense and also,when one has THIS many doubts,surely he is not confident in taking the fight therefore he should not take it! Maybe I have read 1 too many conspiracies but I hope Oscar is not doing all this to hype up the fight,to "build" up the emotion behind it etc etc ie in order to make more $$$

Thread Information