Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who's gonna win this one & how ladies. Vote it out & let's get prepped for the rematch.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Toney vs Peter II

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It's just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Toney vs Peter II

Well everyone...it's time to start the New Year off with the same ole' sha-bang-a-bang...

That's right...to hell with New Year resolutions...wer'e pounding down the booze, tossing the remote, plugging in the laptop, & prepping the couch for yet another installment of Wacko's Drunken Round by Round.

It's time to flip over to ShowTime & watch the fat fly as the heavyweight division comes alive again when Samuel "the Nigerian Nightmare" Peter (28 fights with 27 wins, 1 loss, & 22 ko's) puts his NABF title on the line against James "Light's Out" Toney (78 fights with 69 wins, 5 losses, 3 draws, & 43 ko's) in their WBC ordered rematch for another shot at the rights to face either Wlad Klitschko or Oleg Maskaev in a future match.

If you remember the first match it was a back & forth battle during which (IWO) Toney's weight finally caught up with him. He wasn't able to outbox Peter nor did he appear to be able to take his punches as well as most fans thought. That being said...he was able to go the full 12 against Peter & thus a rematch was ordered by WBC due to controversial scoring in the first fight. Honestly, I thought that the margins were wide...but I did think that Peter did enough to win & also hurt Toney a lot more than most Toney fans & Toney alike wanted to admit.

Factors for & against Peter:

Factor #1: Power. Personally...it's easy to see that this is in Peter's favor. Several times, in the first match up, Peter cracked Toney hard & he felt it. This is something that can & will happen again. I give Peter an edge here...but this might be an edge that is negated, provided that Toney comes into this fight in shape.

Factor #2: Stamina. This is not something that favors Peter. Sam has often shown a weakness in his ability to manage his stamina for 10 or 12 full rounds. He was clearly gassed in the fights against Wlad, Shufford, & Toney. If the knockout doesn't come early, Peter often seems to become frustrated & forgets his ability to jab & throw combinations. He get's a bit wild & his inexperience surfaces. Toney was not able to capitalize on this in the first match...this night might be a bit different, all things considered.

Factor #3: Experience. Again...not something that will be in Peter's favor...but, argueably, he overcame it in the first match. As I said above...Peter often seems to become frustrated & forgets his ability to box. He get's wild & his inexperience shows. In the end, I believe that if Peter had a decent team in his corner...a better trainer...he'd be a force to be reckoned with. Anyways, the edge here goes to Toney. See below.

Factor #4: Well...there aint much else...& in the end...I think it all boils down to which Toney shows up...James "Unmotivated Fat a**" Toney or James "Billy Blanks trained my a** off" Toney. Personally...I'd love to see James "Billy Blanks trained my a** off" Toney show up & for Peter to knock his mouthy a** out. Heh heh heh...but I doubt that that happens.

Factors for & against Toney:

Factor #1: Power won't be a factor...so let's discuss the BEARD. Toney was able to take Peter's power once...but he was shaken on several occassions...can he do it again? I suppose that will all depend on Toney's conditioning & Peter's conditioning. If Toney has slimmed down a bit then he'll be able to slip more shots & not get pressed as easily as he did this go around. Toney's got a hell of a chin...but Peter packs a hell of a punch. That being said...edge to Toney. James Toney has never been knocked out. NEVER...in 77 fights the man has never been cold. He's been down a few times & almost out...Roy Jones Junior dropped him...but that was years ago. Toney had never been in with an actual knock out artist until he met Peter. I wouldn't say that he passed with flying colors...but he did alright against the younger & heavier handed hitter.

#2: Experience. This is a biggy, IWO. Toney's got this hammered out. Toney has seen & felt pretty much all that's out there. He's fought & sparred with some pretty large gents. So far at 200+ pounds...no one has had enough of anything to faze the man. No power, no speed, no skills...but I won't go in to the fact that I don't think he's faced anyone legit enough to mention. That would just be hate...right? Right. I can admit that. With knowledge comes SKILLS. This, IWO, is what will dictate the fight & it will fall to Toney's favor agian. Toney can generally slip & counter anyone at any time...& he'll most likely make a night out of it against Peter once again, but if he comes in shape he'll pull it off much easier this go around. Toney is a defensive nightmare & although Peter proved he could cut the mustard...he didn't spread it to easily.

#3: Power. The one thing not in Toney's favor that truly screams...YOUR'E FWOCKED!!! Once again...just like the first match...Toney has been saying that he is going to knock Peter out. He's been screaming that he's in the best shape of his life & now that he's lost the weight...he can move & set up his power shots better now. Stupid move. If Peter can take Wlad Klitschko's best shots then he can surely take what JFAT has to offer. If Toney tries to go toe to toe with Peter & Peter catches Toney...I think that we might actually see Toney's nick name "light's out" come in to play.

#4: Conditioning & age. This is always what I consider to be a fault of Toney's & one of the main reasons that I despise him so very much...not the age part...but the conditioning. If my guy Hopkins can come in & keep beating the odds at age 41...then James Toney can too. My sentiments haven't changed much since the first fight...there's been no love lost or gained. Just like the last go around...I still don't want JFAT to win. I'd love to see him flat of his back counting light bulbs due to the fact that I think Peter will be better for the longevity of the division. Stamina was an issue in the last fight as Peter's punches had started to wear Toney down a bit. For the last 4-5 weeks Toney has been rather quiet regarding this match up. Instead of screaming over phone lines & in reporters faces he's been training under the tutledge of Tai-Bo guru Billy Blanks. Apprently...Toney finally realized that he's human & he might do better down the stretch without all the extra chins & fat rolls. We shall see...

Prediction?

I want Peter to knock Toney the fwock out...but I'm going with Toney by 12 round split D.

Anywho...Christmas is just around the corner...as is the ringing in of the New Year...everyone enjoy their family time...get all your little resolutions out there...then come on back to the greatest show on earth...

No we aint selling tickets to the gotdam circus...it's time for yet another installement of Wacko's Drunken Round by Round.

Take the poll...vote with your heads & not your hearts & let's get the first fight of 2007 in the bag.

As always...much love to ya's my fellow forum goers.

Cheers & koneecheewah bitches.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Toney vs Peter II

whats your prediction?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds Toney vs Peter II

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    whats your prediction?
    Prediction?

I want Peter to knock Toney the fwock out...but I'm going with Toney by 12 round split D.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    whats your prediction?
    "Prediction?"
    "Yes, Prediction"
    "Pain"

For the whole heavy division because toney is finally gonna be in shape. He starts his reign of terror with a clear cut UD over peter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this fight tonight I didn't even know!! I'm going for TONey to win via a UD. I thought he won the first fight too,I just hope we don't see a trilogy!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

peter mid tko 6 or 7
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

peter by stoppage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a feeling that time will finally run out on Toney, Wacko. Call it a gut instinct that he has been getting away with not being in shape and just coasting through the has beens and never was's in his heavyweight campaign. Just my thoughts...jody
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love Toney to knock his ass out!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Is this fight tonight I didn't even know!! I'm going for TONey to win via a UD. I thought he won the first fight too,I just hope we don't see a trilogy!!!!
    Sorry El Gamo, you got a coupla weeks to wait for this one, it's just wacko getting some of the hard work done before the festive season, as he won't be sober enough to do that for the next 12 days! Unless Toney has had a complete change in attitude, fitness and power, then I don't see him winning. Peter landed with the big punches last time, and he will this time too. Toney might have experience, but he can't dodge all the bombs that Peter throws, and he will feel them more this time, as Peter will have learnt and will land more this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Sorry El Gamo, you got a coupla weeks to wait for this one, it's just wacko getting some of the hard work done before the festive season, as he won't be sober enough to do that for the next 12 days! Unless Toney has had a complete change in attitude, fitness and power, then I don't see him winning. Peter landed with the big punches last time, and he will this time too. Toney might have experience, but he can't dodge all the bombs that Peter throws, and he will feel them more this time, as Peter will have learnt and will land more this time.
    Yes me dear Gamo...the fight is roughly 2 weekends away...I accidentally drunkenly tossed the RBR up a bit too early.

I'll unpin it now...since we got 2 weeks instead of one...I'll re-pin it on the first day of January.

Super's right on the money though...what with the New Years & Christmas holidays on the schedule...it was hasty posting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good points bro,alot depends on TONey's conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Yes me dear Gamo...the fight is roughly 2 weekends away...I accidentally drunkenly tossed the RBR up a bit too early.

I'll unpin it now...since we got 2 weeks instead of one...I'll re-pin it on the first day of January.

Super's right on the money though...what with the New Years & Christmas holidays on the schedule...it was hasty posting.
    LOL,someone was hitting the drink abit much!!!! Aren't there any other fights until then? This one is not that exciting!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL,someone was hitting the drink abit much!!!! Aren't there any other fights until then? This one is not that exciting!!!
    Yeah...I was a bit wasted while working on this last night.

No other fights are on...cept for the replays that HBO is passing off as the best fights of 2006.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After the Ruiz debacle (drug test) it's been bad luck for James Toney, I think this fight is when he finally overcomes all the adversity. Toney in UD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like Toney but, I think he will get a Tko late. He seems to be taken this very serious.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information