Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Drinking Pop and Conditioning

Ok I got this big problem.

I'm a Amateur Boxer, I am 19 - 3 at the moment.

I am in fairly good shape. Problem is this, I drink alot of pop and people tell me its bad for my conditioning. I tried to quit drinking pepsi/coke and so forth but after i quit for 2 + weeks I just start back drinking it and drink even more.

I am in good enough shape to sparr about 5-7 rounds of hard work and I can fight 4 two minute of competition.

Problem is I get kinda tired fighting those 4 two minute rounds even though i can spar 5-7 three minute rounds.

Question is, does drinking Pop mess with your conditioning? or am i just not conditioning right?

Sry, for writing without proper grammar and so forth but i'm not born in this country.....thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Drinking Pop and Conditioning

Do you drink diet stuff or sugary stuff?

When do you drink it?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL sounds the exact same as me.

I am absolutely absolutely obsessed with drinking coke... I have tried to cut back but I just keep going... I've quit smokes and all sorts of other things that i've tried to quit, but I HAVE to have coke all the time...
    I'm trying to push myself to stop as well.
    It is quite bad for you, especially if it's not diet,,,,, but you can combat it a little bit if you drink a lot of water..
    The main part is when you replace most of your water intake with fizzy drinks, it really is a crappy thing for you when your training..
    I find it's easier in the warmer months to drink a lot of water as you get thirsty a lot, but in winter all I feel like is coke and stuff like that..

When I find something that helps i'll let you know... It's kind of a lame addiction but i'm guilty of it also so I can't say anything...
    But as Sharla asked, if you give some details of when you have it and stuff like that, people might be able to suggest how to work on it...

MY suggestion is to go to google and search for the benifits of water, especially related to training... The benifits are absolutely endless and reading up may motivate you to try to replace some of your fluid intake with water...

Or another alternative which is a bit more out there is to listen to a hypnosis thing that changes your thoughts of drinking coke into thoughts of drinking water...
    I've got a few on my computer if you want me to upload some for you?? You'll need headphones for them to work well though.. and it's only a thought, it may not work or you may not want to try something like that..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla
    Do you drink diet stuff or sugary stuff?

When do you drink it?
    Well I drink it every day ...about 4-5 cans a day.

I drink it around 11 am through 11 pm. I've cut down to only drinking it when I eat, but i still get a couple cans in between foods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    Ok I got this big problem.

I'm a Amateur Boxer, I am 19 - 3 at the moment.

I am in fairly good shape. Problem is this, I drink alot of pop and people tell me its bad for my conditioning. I tried to quit drinking pepsi/coke and so forth but after i quit for 2 + weeks I just start back drinking it and drink even more.

I am in good enough shape to sparr about 5-7 rounds of hard work and I can fight 4 two minute of competition.

Problem is I get kinda tired fighting those 4 two minute rounds even though i can spar 5-7 three minute rounds.

Question is, does drinking Pop mess with your conditioning? or am i just not conditioning right?

Sry, for writing without proper grammar and so forth but i'm not born in this country.....thanks
    From an endurance perspective I don't think it is really bad for you , but I am surprised your not putting on alot of fat by drinking that much.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I run every morning and train every afternoon...

I'm fighting at 165 cuz i dont think i can make 152, maybe i cant make 152 cuz of the pop ...who knows...

But you are saying that it does NOT effect my endurance?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster
    LOL sounds the exact same as me.

I am absolutely absolutely obsessed with drinking coke... I have tried to cut back but I just keep going... I've quit smokes and all sorts of other things that i've tried to quit, but I HAVE to have coke all the time...
    I'm trying to push myself to stop as well.
    It is quite bad for you, especially if it's not diet,,,,, but you can combat it a little bit if you drink a lot of water..
    The main part is when you replace most of your water intake with fizzy drinks, it really is a crappy thing for you when your training..
    I find it's easier in the warmer months to drink a lot of water as you get thirsty a lot, but in winter all I feel like is coke and stuff like that..

When I find something that helps i'll let you know... It's kind of a lame addiction but i'm guilty of it also so I can't say anything...
    But as Sharla asked, if you give some details of when you have it and stuff like that, people might be able to suggest how to work on it...

MY suggestion is to go to google and search for the benifits of water, especially related to training... The benifits are absolutely endless and reading up may motivate you to try to replace some of your fluid intake with water...

Or another alternative which is a bit more out there is to listen to a hypnosis thing that changes your thoughts of drinking coke into thoughts of drinking water...
    I've got a few on my computer if you want me to upload some for you?? You'll need headphones for them to work well though.. and it's only a thought, it may not work or you may not want to try something like that..

i have the exact same problem cant keep away from the stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know we aint seeing eye to eye on another thread, but I do want to chime in here... 1st of all you are not alone alot of people love Soda and excess in it, Soda taste good lets face it. I love the occasional coke but I drink that or a can of Dr Pepper with picnic food or if I have an occasional slice of pizza but these days I can only drink 1/2 a can before I get disgusted with it ... Moderation is good, total self depriving will only heighten your chances of going off the deep end and splurging with it

I dont think it will effect your stamina now, since I take it you are a young man still.

Here is the trick with it for me, I read the ingredients on the can and I see there is nor 1 thing in there that is good for my body. sugar 32 grams, caramel color, corn syrup etc also Sodium Bicarbonate correct me if I am wrong, washes away calcium and has a propensity to weaken the bones, the same stuff can dissolve a nail over a few days and you can also clean the muck of battery cables in your car... So now think that when you put it in your body 5-6 times a day let say 5 days a week... thats almost 100 cans a month and 1200 cans a year X say 5 years= 6000 thats 192,000 grams a sugar just in Soda consumtion let alone whatever other foods you like to enjoy..

So when you consider Diabetes, Cancer and other diseases that a can of Coke can be 1 of many catalysts for those things...

So remeber those things when you reach for a can of Coke, maybe that will help you cut down on your consumption.. I know it helps me.

Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try switching to natural sodas (pops). just put in natural sodas in google

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I know we aint seeing eye to eye on another thread, but I do want to chime in here... 1st of all you are not alone alot of people love Soda and excess in it, Soda taste good lets face it. I love the occasional coke but I drink that or a can of Dr Pepper with picnic food or if I have an occasional slice of pizza but these days I can only drink 1/2 a can before I get disgusted with it ... Moderation is good, total self depriving will only heighten your chances of going off the deep end and splurging with it

I dont think it will effect your stamina now, since I take it you are a young man still.

Here is the trick with it for me, I read the ingredients on the can and I see there is nor 1 thing in there that is good for my body. sugar 32 grams, caramel color, corn syrup etc also Sodium Bicarbonate correct me if I am wrong, washes away calcium and has a propensity to weaken the bones, the same stuff can dissolve a nail over a few days and you can also clean the muck of battery cables in your car... So now think that when you put it in your body 5-6 times a day let say 5 days a week... thats almost 100 cans a month and 1200 cans a year X say 5 years= 6000 thats 192,000 grams a sugar just in Soda consumtion let alone whatever other foods you like to enjoy..

So when you consider Diabetes, Cancer and other diseases that a can of Coke can be 1 of many catalysts for those things...

So remeber those things when you reach for a can of Coke, maybe that will help you cut down on your consumption.. I know it helps me.

Good Luck
    I appreciate that one, you got a cool click.

But your sure that it wont affect my stamina?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not going to affect your conditioning as long as it's not making you pile on loads of fat.

With those things calories have never been an issue with me... I can burn them off... I do a fairly physical job every day and train 5, sometimes 6 days a week.

I can burn that shit off

It's the saturates and chemicals in them which bother me. Bad for your metabolism. They might not be making you in bad condition but they will be stopping you developing... taking up the place of good calories in your diet and having shite in your system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    It's not going to affect your conditioning as long as it's not making you pile on loads of fat.

With those things calories have never been an issue with me... I can burn them off... I do a fairly physical job every day and train 5, sometimes 6 days a week.

I can burn that S*** off

It's the saturates and chemicals in them which bother me. Bad for your metabolism. They might not be making you in bad condition but they will be stopping you developing... taking up the place of good calories in your diet and having shite in your system.
    Actually as I ponder this further, if you are drinking regular Coke with sugar, that spike of sugar will affect energy levels, when you are training you want to use glycogen stored in muscles since its maintained through a long range... When you have sugar in your system you will burn that in bursts and then crash, so when a time that you need consistent energy you dont have it I liken it to a fire... Sure you can get spectacular intensity by having a fire consisting of only gasoline, but if you were to have a camp fire with wood then it burns more consitently and longer than a short burst of a gas fire...

Hope that makes sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Good Luck
    I appreciate that one, you got a cool click.

But your sure that it wont affect my stamina?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tx

Thread Information