Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cotto Says Margarito Should Be Banned For LIFE!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto Says Margarito Should Be Banned For LIFE!!

Miguel Cotto Says "Margarito Should Be Banned For Life" - Boxing News

guess he didn't wanna prejudge Marg or the whole situation. I feel bad about this for many reasons. It's unfortunate now because there's a possibility that Cotto may have been still undefeated right now. As far as Marg goes, it bothers me because I didn't wanna believe it was true since I actually liked the guy for his grittyness and toughness. Not to mention he always came to fight in great shape. This changes everything though and he has to lay in the bed he made.

Good luck to Cotto coming back and getting back to the top.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto Says Margarito Should Be Banned For LIFE!!

I agree 100% with Cotto. I know it wont happen, because Marg brings in money and money is what makes the boxing world go around, not justice, but Marg should be banned for life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is one way to avoid losing a rematch.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    If Margarito is going to take a rematch with Cotto then I feel sorry for him because #1 Toni may look like a dumb son of a bitch but he's not going to dare try illegally wrapping his hands and Cotto's camp will be looking hard at his wraps if he does try anything #2 Miguel is going to train to go out a KILL Margarito...you never wish anything bad on an opponent but something in me thinks that Miguel will try to hurt Toni bad because of what Toni was caught doing vs Shane and what he may have done vs Cotto.

Margarito is going to get his ass whupped by Miguel Cotto, but I agree with Miguel about banning Toni for life. The beating Cotto took could have ended his career as we knew it, damaged him for life or even killed him and boxing is dangerous enough as it is, there is no room in boxing for people like Margarito

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    If Margarito is going to take a rematch with Cotto then I feel sorry for him because #1 Toni may look like a dumb son of a bitch but he's not going to dare try illegally wrapping his hands and Cotto's camp will be looking hard at his wraps if he does try anything #2 Miguel is going to train to go out a KILL Margarito...you never wish anything bad on an opponent but something in me thinks that Miguel will try to hurt Toni bad because of what Toni was caught doing vs Shane and what he may have done vs Cotto.

Margarito is going to get his ass whupped by Miguel Cotto, but I agree with Miguel about banning Toni for life. The beating Cotto took could have ended his career as we knew it, damaged him for life or even killed him and boxing is dangerous enough as it is, there is no room in boxing for people like Margarito
    What if Margarito beats Cotto just as bad as the first time, he was still walking through Cotto's punches. Margarito is gonna be training just as hard to get his reputation back, why he went with Roach. Regardless what he did was wrong. He went from my favorite boxer to him just leaving me feeling disappointed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I seriously doubt that Cotto could ever beat Margarito. Just wasn't in the cards for him.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

SigmaMu Guest

Had it been against any other fighter, I would approve of the ban for life but since it is against Miguel Cotto, I want to see the phuking rematch and then Margarito can go piss off for all I care. This will get more interesting in the future and I hope we have a feud match like none other we have seen in the past and now that Freddie Roach is trying to cash in on the matter, it will get very ugly as Roach can be a flat out d1ck (which he is) lol Roach has no class but I guess I will give the shaky phuker a break for now but I can learn to hate Roach real quick as I have done so in the past.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by markb018 View Post
    What if Margarito beats Cotto just as bad as the first time, he was still walking through Cotto's punches. Margarito is gonna be training just as hard to get his reputation back, why he went with Roach. Regardless what he did was wrong. He went from my favorite boxer to him just leaving me feeling disappointed.
    Well that COULD happen but Cotto was moving away a lot on account of Margarito's "power" and that sapped Miguel's energy and the power off of his punches....so if Margarito fights like he did vs Shane then we'd have the exact same result as Cotto was dealing out one hell of a boxing lesson before he got caught a couple times and his face swole up like he got beat with a baseball bat.

Just my opinion though....I support a lifetime ban but I'd rather see Margarito be beaten into submission like the low down rat he is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markb018 View Post
    Well that COULD happen but Cotto was moving away a lot on account of Margarito's "power" and that sapped Miguel's energy and the power off of his punches....so if Margarito fights like he did vs Shane then we'd have the exact same result as Cotto was dealing out one hell of a boxing lesson before he got caught a couple times and his face swole up like he got beat with a baseball bat.

Just my opinion though....I support a lifetime ban but I'd rather see Margarito be beaten into submission like the low down rat he is
    I don't like either fighter tbh, hope they both beat the hell out of eachother

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...i agree with cotto as well, i look at it like what if it was on of my kids in the ring with a guy willing to cheat in a sport where you already legally get to whip the shit out of the other guy and get fame and money for it. If someone for any reason hit my kid with plaster on thier hands, feet, nose, hell on the tip of his pinky my wife would probably be going through her purse looking for her pistol before i could even say to myself in my head " oh hell no open the trunk " Ok that may or not be an exaggeration but you get the point. With all the semi sneaky cheating moves that are somewhat allowed in the ring that increase a guy's risk of serious injury to come in with a weapon is bitch made and yes i he should be banned. I wouldn't take the chance with my fighter..this is a sport a game, get you advantage in the gym not with fancy new ways to sneak in weapons. Also as a side note this if and it's a big if .....was used in the williams fight makes him more attractive for big fights he took a lot of late shots from the guy and still well you know.....
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with him but I disagree with the his face being beaten up therefore he must have used the plaster argument. Margarito hit him more than he hs ever been hit in a fight so he looked more beaten up than usual. Im not saying he did or didnt use the illegal handwraps in the fight, im just saying his swollen, bloodied face doesnt prove undoubtedely that he did. In my opinion though, i would not be surprised if he did use them in that fight, maybe the Lujuan fight too. Margarito should be banned from boxing no question. Even if he didnt know, which i dont believe, hes still responsible for his trainers actions.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Cotto Says Margarito Should Be Banned For LIFE!!

I seriously doubt that Cotto could ever beat Margarito. Just wasn't in the cards for him.
    No doubt about it I agree. Lets not forget that Cotto hit Margarito with some very hard shots and he just kept coming. Margarito can't illegally wrap his chin or his ribs.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    No doubt about it I agree. Lets not forget that Cotto hit Margarito with some very hard shots and he just kept coming. Margarito can't illegally wrap his chin or his ribs.
    Yes he kept coming because Tony knew he would land one or two with his loaded wraps and bust Cotto up fast and then it would all be downhill from there but, all Cotto has to do is follow Mosleys strategy and Cotto will beat Tony just like Shane did but I think Cotto would come into this fight with a huge grudge and a very large chip on his shoulder and Cotto will probably try to kill Margacheater. Margaritos punches against Shane Mosley looked to be no harder than Paulie Malignaggi's because Tony was missing the plaster of PEREZ in his gloves and thus he had no pop this time and his chin got cracked because of it. Cotto can crack that chin too, if Tony ain't got the plaster in the wraps

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So because he could not hurt Mosley you think he hits soft Danny come on Mosley has best chin of this era he up there with Hagler and Leonard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane is just way more durable than cotto, and that is one of the reasons he was able to dismantle marg the way he did, not just due to his strategy. I hate to belief that marg knew about the wraps but its hard for me to actually believe that he didn't so jeah he should get a life time ban.

Thread Information