Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Mayweather win.....

wouldnt it be right to crown him #1 again...as far as p4p status is concerned ......imo a victory over someone like shane mosely beats a victory over clottey anyday

ICB Guest

Default Re: Should Mayweather win.....

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    wouldnt it be right to crown him #1 again...as far as p4p status is concerned ......imo a victory over someone like shane mosely beats a victory over clottey anyday
    And Miguel Cotto beat Shane Mosley, who Manny Pacquiao dominated. You could also look at it that way, plus Shane Mosley hasn't fought in a year and a half. And it all depends in what fashion Floyd Mayweather Jr wins.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    And Miguel Cotto beat Shane Mosley, who Manny Pacquiao dominated. You could also look at it that way, plus Shane Mosley hasn't fought in a year and a half. And it all depends in what fashion Floyd Mayweather Jr wins.
    point taken, but i feel like shane mosley stock went up after he beat margarito, who beat cotto

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

point taken, but i feel like shane mosley stock went up after he beat margarito, who beat cotto
    Almost certainly becuase of the Wraps though

I can't split PBF and Pacneedle to be honest. Just want to see them fight
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

i do believe that is the only way to see who deserves to be on top

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could also say that Margarito ruined Cotto before Pacquiao got to him and that Mosley kicked the crap out of Margarito.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Enough with the Pacneedle stuff, soooo old.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I already got Mayweather at #1!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    You could also say that Margarito ruined Cotto before Pacquiao got to him and that Mosley kicked the crap out of Margarito.
    You could also say Antonio Margarito, isn't half as good without loaded gloves

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

You could also say Antonio Margarito, isn't half as good without loaded gloves
    Yep & now everyone who lost to him has a valid excuse!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd fought Marquez and Mosley beat Margarito. You are only as good as your last fight and the quality of your last opponent. Each had give and take that will show in his next fight so before even considering handing out imaginary titles, even when dreams come true, we have to earn that stature. Floyd is talented but his matchmaker and staff protected him and gave him longevity. Get my drift? Marquez was smaller and if he were bigger, he would have won. Let's be real and look at things as they are because the past fights have all taken their toll on everyone but Floyd and sometimes to beat a king, you get your ass kicked by quite a few prince's.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Floyd fought Marquez and Mosley beat Margarito. You are only as good as your last fight and the quality of your last opponent. Each had give and take that will show in his next fight so before even considering handing out imaginary titles, even when dreams come true, we have to earn that stature. Floyd is talented but his matchmaker and staff protected him and gave him longevity. Get my drift? Marquez was smaller and if he were bigger, he would have won. Let's be real and look at things as they are because the past fights have all taken their toll on everyone but Floyd and sometimes to beat a king, you get your ass kicked by quite a few prince's.
    Ah, what? Floyd was the best before he left & when he came back it was like he'd never left!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's just say maybe the rest did him good but remember the other guys in the division were in combat and even the most experienced guys have to slow down and when opportunity knocks we forget our pain and jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Let's just say maybe the rest did him good but remember the other guys in the division were in combat and even the most experienced guys have to slow down and when opportunity knocks we forget our pain and jump from the frying pan into the fire.
    I'm still lost on what your saying (no disrespect), all I'm saying is I considered Floyd #1 in the world before his "retirement" & when he came back he looked absolutely amazing against a top p4p guy in Marquez. Sure there was the weight difference but no one has made Marquez look like that! Mayweather's still the best imo...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd was number one even in my book and I am not a fan. He has dominated all his opponents. Good matchmaking went into all of his promotions but some fighters were on their way out as I fear Mosley is as well. It's a pity that when he stepped up to the plate some of his opponents were not as great as years before but some of them were battle worn.

Thread Information