Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v molina

Looks like this is khans come back fight in December.are we going to see a new look can khan using his boxing skills Instead ov stupidly getting into a pointless war.don't know much about Carlos Molina is he any good?light welter or welter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v molina

The guy is a lightweight and not much of a puncher in that division. A couple of wins against opponents like this will probably get Khan a shot at one of the big boys.

Carlos Molina - Boxer

Nothing to get excited about.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Molina's opponents to date have a combined record of W 153 - L 127 - D 17
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stopped being a Khan fan early in to his pro career. His desire to avoid a challenge from the off put me off him fairly quickly. He has constantly looked at the big fights down the line and stumbled on the way. Fighting Molina is not a surprise, look at who he fought after losing against Prescott, Fagan and a shadow of MAB then got the title from Kotelnik. He'll more than likely destroy Molina, win another relatively easy fight then get another shot at the title and will be gobbing off how he's P4P and looking for the Pacs and PBF's again.

He thought he was above Thaxton and Murray a few years ago when in reality they would have been ideal fights at the time. If I was him I would go for Theophane, he's known in America, and he only lost a SD to Garcia and he's a light welter.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also read that Khan says it is a difficult fight and he could have picked an easier fight if he wanted to. I cannot think of a weaker fighter he could have justified for the December comeback. Khan has time on his side but a lightweight! Since Khan is starting from the bottom, he could have easily justified a fight with Prescott and avenged that defeat.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to feel in control again. I can understand this in a young fighter. He wont ever be an elite because his glaring flaws are still here so many years after his debut fight but I think he really does belong in a higher echelon than most.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So khans aim is to string everyone along for 3 or 4 easy fights and make millions and still avoid rematches with:-
    1. Prescott
    2. Garcia
    3. Peterson?

If virgil cant change him..what next?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt Virgil can give him defense, I think what we can expect is for Khan to keep range and for god sake stop being off balance after throwing a simple 1-2

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know anything about Molina but you cant expect Khan to just rematch one of the men to beat him, that would be career suicide. It's weird, one would think that the right trainer would be able to iron out Khans game at least somewhat, have him on balance and get a sense of distance etc.. These are things that can be taught for the most part I presume, yet Khan still fights without a clue of how to use his physical tools. He is woefully innacurate for a guy with his handspeed and punching form, I'm not sure I've ever seen a fighter with the same disparity.

I can definetly understand why he would want Wards trainer in this respect, and a couple of easier opponents to work on these things is probably exactly what he would need if theres any hope of serious improvement. While it perhaps isn't fair to blame Freddie Roach for any of Khans flaws, he has never been a good defensive coach and isn't suited to train a guy who is really vulnerable imo.

Thread Information