Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing Boycott 2015

This Promoter beef is screwing the fans and fans bend over saying there's nothing they can do. I'm sure at its root there is some distaste, maybe even hate, between the sides. But 16 year old girls handle things with more maturity. If it was in their best interest to mend fences they would. But it's not, the promoters have even more control. We can't make this fight because ....we can't make that fight because ...we can give you this fight because we control both fighters. It's ridiculous.

Word spreads in the internet age like wildfire. I'm sure many talk on multiple boards or at least read on multiple boards. And I'm sure many have noticed when a topic comes up on one it isn't long before it comes up on another and another and another. Use that.

If you talk on multiple boards, spread the word of a boycott if TR and GBP don't start matching fighters. 2015 gives time to start making fights and time for word to spread.

If you talk on chats with reporters mention the 2015 Boycott. And take the reporters to task. It's time for reporters to start calling Bob and Richard on their lies. If you allow BS you'll get BS.

If you go to press conferences, weigh ins, HOF inductions, basically any boxing function print up a Boxing Boycott 2015 shirt. There are many places to get Ts with anything you want on them cheap.

The lazy attitude needs to stop, stand up for yourself! Join the fight! Go out on your shield, Boxing Boycott 2015!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Boycott 2015

I hope the exit of Manny and Floyd finally starts boxing down the road to punting the PPV parasite.That and the increasing quantity and quality of the internet river system.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's done man, it's broken.

Everything I read is lies. This fight "can't " be done, that fight "can't " be done, we're "trying to", bullshit. If they tried it'd be done. It's excuse after excuse and it's all greed. I hate everything I read about the sport anymore because there is no truth.

The respite is the fights and they are lies too. It's matchmaking. We accept fights, we don't get the fights we want we get fights that are good enough. Fights that fit an agenda.

I'm sure I'll become some internet joke but I don't give a funk. I'm going to shout from the rooftops. I'm done with the lies.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been saying for years now that boxing needs a kind of implosion to fix itself and I can see it coming. Its going to have to evolve. Its not just Manny and Floyd that are going but Wlad, Martinez, Cotto etc etc etc. What might actually come out of this is the best having to fight the best instead of may fight.
    It might even whittle down the Orgs. The return of some hardship for all concerned. More network coverage.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its just too hard to get everyone to do. i would do it if it would make a difference but im not going to stop watching boxing in 2015 and realize that im 1 out of 100 people doing it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If people stop watching boxing, it'll be taken off the air and those boxers that need to make money to live will start having unlicensed fights just to make ends meet and with no professional boxing going on they'll ban it. It's cutting your nose off to spite your face. I love this sport and plenty of fans love this sport.

Imagine a world without boxing. Men would have to spend time with their wife and kids. It'd just be wrong.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I ain't boycotting a muthafukkin thing. Fuck a boycott

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunno man. I think the only thing a 'boycott' does is negate the hardcore fans that GBP and Arum etc could care less about in the first place. Promoters rely on the discord and are not looking for a family affair where they work together. Just not happening. The forums are the biggest action and stance fed up fans could have frankly. Call them out...judges, refs, officials. Keep talking! A boycott won't silence the sport but it will silence a guy with inside knowledge and who gives a shate enough to yell about it. On a totally seperate view...a boycott would mean I'd have more social interaction with people I have zero in common with and wanna punch..I'd be talking Baseball and make a profile on some Grillmaster BBQ forum FFS Can't have that Ron . Nope. I stay, cynicism and sarcasm soudly intact but deep down I cannot give this ugly old hag called Boxing up. I'm whipped dude.

Thread Information