Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Name 5 heavyweights that beat Anthony Joshua!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Name 5 heavyweights that beat Anthony Joshua!

I'm stumped.

Walked through a guy that went 12 with Vitali Klitschko.

The power is real people.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Name 5 heavyweights that beat Anthony Joshua!

Let's not pretend this is the guy who went 12 rounds with Vitali.

Johnson has lost 6 of his last 7 fights and is little more than a shot journeyman who only throws jabs.

The stoppage was impressive, but no one should get too carried away. Joshua is still at the stage where he is fighting hand picked stiffs who pose him no threat and that's all Johnson ever was. Joshua was never going to be tested by a guy who doesn't throw any meaningful punches.

We still don't know anything about Joshua that we didn't already know. He's young, in great shape and hits very hard. We've known that from day one.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua does have a nastier streak and killer instinct which is nice , he throws punches technically much better than Wilder , as for his chin well we were saying has Wilder ever been hit on the chin.
    Lets just enjoy this in shape HW , and see how far he goes.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ gave a good performance, he stopped a very good fighter that new how to go the distance,
    the puncher power was there for all to see.
    There is no need to push AJ maybe a fight with Price, for a domestic dust up Joshua still has
    a lot to learn, give him a chance to develop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonesque View Post

Johnson has lost 6 of his last 7 fights and is little more than a shot journeyman who only throws jabs.

The stoppage was impressive, but no one should get too carried away. Joshua is still at the stage where he is fighting hand picked stiffs who pose him no threat and that's all Johnson ever was. Joshua was never going to be tested by a guy who doesn't throw any meaningful punches.

We still don't know anything about Joshua that we didn't already know. He's young, in great shape and hits very hard. We've known that from day one.
    Kevin Johnson wasn't that much better at the time he fought Vitalli. What changed? Did he lose his punch resistance? Johnson has always fought like this, throwing mostly jabs. As far as I am concerned, the only thing that got worse is Kevin Johnson's record. He hasn't taken a lot of punishment, he simply gets out-boxed a lot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

Kevin Johnson wasn't that much better at the time he fought Vitalli. What changed? Did he lose his punch resistance? Johnson has always fought like this, throwing mostly jabs. As far as I am concerned, the only thing that got worse is Kevin Johnson's record. He hasn't taken a lot of punishment, he simply gets out-boxed a lot.
    As I said, the Vitali fight was a few years ago and Johnson's record since then is awful. Now he is nothing more than a journeyman who fights with no ambition at all.

Joshua did well to be the first guy to stop him, but he probably won't be the last if Johnson carries on fighting.

Joshua looks the part and, given that the heavyweight division is absolutely dire right now, unless he has stamina problems he's pretty much guaranteed a world title. I'd like to see him fight Price to see how he reacts to fighting a big guy with genuine power. We know he can knock out bums, but he's clearly better than that and it's time they stepped him up a bit. Knocking over guys like Kevin Johnson is no kind of preparation for fighting elite fighters... not that there are many elite fighters in the heavyweight division.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The power is real but the experience is not there to beat Wlad, Wilder, Stiverne, Fury and Povetkin.

There I named 5.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The power is real but the experience is not there to beat Wlad, Wilder, Stiverne, Fury and Povetkin.

There I named 5.
    Thats bullshit. What experience is needed? Hes an olympic gold medalist so has as good an amatuer pedigree as any here. Stiverne, Fury, Wilder and Povetkin havnt got any better pro experience than Joshua.

Furys best wins are Chisora, Johnson and Cunningham. Without doubt Joshua walks through them. If Joshua was to fight against Fury next week Joshua would be at least a 1/4 shot.

Wilders only good oponent is Stiverne, who is another example of a fat lack luster heavyweight. It wouldnt take Joshua 12 rounds to beat Stiverne. Wilder v Joshua is a closer fight because we do not know how Joshua takes a punch so it could be whoever lands first wins but going by technique Joshua is far better.

Povetkin has heart and ability but again hes too small to deal with a guy like Joshua. Like against Wlad he will struggle to land and just get caught coming in.

Wlad is the only real competition for Joshua and I hope the fight happens before Wlad retires. Otherwise it looks like we are going to have to get used to Joshua blowing guys out in the 1st couple of rounds for a long time.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There I named 5.

I don't see fury having anything to trouble Joshua , AJ is faster stronger , more powerful.
    I would put my money on Joshua to beat fury in his next fight.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

There I named 5.

I don't see fury having anything to trouble Joshua , AJ is faster stronger , more powerful.
    I would put my money on Joshua to beat fury in his next fight.
    I agree and that's why they need to stop messing around fighting bums like Johnson. He's learning nothing from these fights.

Joshua needs to fight someone who can offer him some kind of test. I don't think Johnson landed a single punch last night and there was absolutely nothing to stop AJ just walking right through him.

If AJ is going to be a champion he needs rounds under his belt and to fight guys who carry a threat and make him think about his defence as well as his offense. Price would be a perfect opponent. Price's chin and stamina are questionable to say the least, but he's a big guy and he carries genuine power.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see some logic and reason in here.

I like Anthony Joshua, obviously he's a very exciting prospect, and I do consider banging out Kevin Johnson in 2 rounds impressive given Kingpin's reputation as a durable HW, but like you said he's 35 now and has been getting beaten on for the last several years so you have to wonder how much of that is Johnson just being worn down and at the end of his rope. Definitely not the same guy who was in there with Vitali.

Before I'm sold on Joshua, I want to see him step up. Let's see him in there with a vet like Thompson or one of the younger guys coming off a loss (Stiverne, ect).
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm trying to not get carried away. I think he's impressive. He has really fast hands for a heavyweight and he seems incredibly patient. He looks excellent but you can't know for sure until he goes in there with someone who will retaliate. I said it when Fury fought him and I'll say it again, Johnson is and always has been a punching bag that has a shield. Other than not being an easy target, he's utterly useless. Joshua did well to get him out of there so quickly, but lets not pretend Kevin Johnson is any good. We're excited about Joshua because we've had a baron spell of quality heavyweights and he's far more advanced than some of his heavyweight peers were at this stage of their careers. But he still needs to be tested, so I'm going to try and reserve judgement until that happens.

That being said, I'm fairly certain he'd flatten Tyson Fury tomorrow.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

I like Anthony Joshua, obviously he's a very exciting prospect, and I do consider banging out Kevin Johnson in 2 rounds impressive given Kingpin's reputation as a durable HW, but like you said he's 35 now and has been getting beaten on for the last several years so you have to wonder how much of that is Johnson just being worn down and at the end of his rope. Definitely not the same guy who was in there with Vitali.

Before I'm sold on Joshua, I want to see him step up. Let's see him in there with a vet like Thompson or one of the younger guys coming off a loss (Stiverne, ect).
    I agree. But most people were thinking this was going to be one sided but go quite far. Stoppage was impressive. Fury was unable to do it and you would easily argue Johnson was in better shape for this than the Fury fight. Thompson has been shit lately too and have no doubt Joshua stops him early too but agree someone like him or Chisora is probably next for him.

Price is a fighter Id like to see him in with soon because Price can bang and will certainly come to fight. Id still like to see Price v Fury but it seems like Fury is never gonna get into the ring with a boxer puncher until he gets his world title shot and loses.

As Ive said above, apart from Wlad there is not one heavyweight I would make fav over Joshua if they fought next week and I think only an idiot would back against Joshua with 50/50 odds available. People may say Im believing the sky hype machine but just look at him compared to other fighters. Hes just solid muscle, fast hands and really long arms.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I'm trying to not get carried away. I think he's impressive. He has really fast hands for a heavyweight and he seems incredibly patient. He looks excellent but you can't know for sure until he goes in there with someone who will retaliate. I said it when Fury fought him and I'll say it again, Johnson is and always has been a punching bag that has a shield. Other than not being an easy target, he's utterly useless. Joshua did well to get him out of there so quickly, but lets not pretend Kevin Johnson is any good. We're excited about Joshua because we've had a baron spell of quality heavyweights and he's far more advanced than some of his heavyweight peers were at this stage of their careers. But he still needs to be tested, so I'm going to try and reserve judgement until that happens.

That being said, I'm fairly certain he'd flatten Tyson Fury tomorrow.
    Within 3 too id say

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

I agree. But most people were thinking this was going to be one sided but go quite far. Stoppage was impressive. Fury was unable to do it and you would easily argue Johnson was in better shape for this than the Fury fight. Thompson has been shit lately too and have no doubt Joshua stops him early too but agree someone like him or Chisora is probably next for him.

Price is a fighter Id like to see him in with soon because Price can bang and will certainly come to fight. Id still like to see Price v Fury but it seems like Fury is never gonna get into the ring with a boxer puncher until he gets his world title shot and loses.

As Ive said above, apart from Wlad there is not one heavyweight I would make fav over Joshua if they fought next week and I think only an idiot would back against Joshua with 50/50 odds available. People may say Im believing the sky hype machine but just look at him compared to other fighters. Hes just solid muscle, fast hands and really long arms.
    Out of interest if you were to price up Joshua-Wlad right now what would it be?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Thread Information