Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Acid attack facts

Some of these threads move a bit fast, especially when you're gone for a couple of days. But I've seen some back and forth regarding acid attacks in the UK. Who does them, and to whom. So I started reading a little about acid attacks, something thankfully practically unknown here in Puerto Rico, and found some interesting info. Just like the United States has more than its share of mass shootings, other countries seem to have a higher frequency of acid attacks than others. So apparently there's some organizations for acid attack survivors, and they have some interesting statistics.

https://www.asti.org.uk/a-worldwide-problem.html

A glimpse at the world map would seem to indicate this is largely a South Asia phenomenon, with a few other countries scattered across the globe. Interesting to see Colombia there, I never would've guessed. I wonder if it's a cultural thing. The statistics do point out certain things.

- In certain Southern Asia countries, victims are predominantly female, and usually victims of domestic abuse.
    - In the UK, it seems the majority of victims are male, and probably victims of gang violence. Also it seems England, specifically London, has one of the highest acid attack rates in the world. This is shocking.

I know everything here turns into a war..... but I just wanted to put this out there, as the societal problem involving acid attacks is fairly new to me. It's one thing to discuss guns, gun control and gun bans. It's quite another to try and legislate control over chemicals that can be used in maiming and potentially lethal attacks. It's worrisome that now we can't even go out in the street for fear that someone who has it in for you will throw acid in your face.

Sick.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Acid attack facts

London isnt London.

It's just a very sick place now. Miles has gone back to check it out and he cannot believe what he saw. I will not venture to go over there because of all those acid attacks but I still do have to go on business in October.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have new laws to try and prosecute perpetrators who deliberately go out to use these substances. Normally people who have put the substance into another container shows the intent of someone. It is a vile act.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gang violence is a big part of British Culture, has been for hundreds of years, despite people pretending it is a recent invention of Black British males. There is no logical excuse for using any kind of weapon to main, disfigure or kill someone but it seems in the UK acid (usually household bleach , cleaning or gardening products) is used because it is easy to walk in to any shop and buy. When it is used by Asians or Muslims or controlling ex jealous boyfriends and husbands to disfigure their partners then that adds a whole level of fucked upness to it.

I would caution against taking any one opinion of London as an indication of much. Particularly of someone just visiting. My brother and his wife live and work there as do a few friends and at least a handful of posters on here. I travel up at least a few times a year to work and don't fell anymore threatened now than I ever have. It is a big city with crime but also a hell of a lot of positives too. I am not going to let a minority of scum stop me enjoying that.

They are trying to legislate to make it harder for youths to buy acid but the problem is much more societal than that. Huge cuts in Policing and Community services along with the general alienation and lack of empathy among many groups of young people is a tinder box that was always going to ignite.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with acid beanz is there as readily available like an over the counter. It won't be easy to regulate that stuff. It was like dart man over here in New York City in the 1990s. This guy was going around with a straw in his mouth blowing darts into people's asses and then running. He did it for like 7 years before they got him in 1995. How the hell do you regulate straws and darts?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    The problem with acid beanz is there as readily available like an over the counter. It won't be easy to regulate that stuff. It was like dart man over here in New York City in the 1990s. This guy was going around with a straw in his mouth blowing darts into people's asses and then running. He did it for like 7 years before they got him in 1995. How the hell do you regulate straws and darts?
    Ha dart man sounds quite funny, good harmless fun if you ask me.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Gang violence is a big part of British Culture, has been for hundreds of years, despite people pretending it is a recent invention of Black British males. There is no logical excuse for using any kind of weapon to main, disfigure or kill someone but it seems in the UK acid (usually household bleach , cleaning or gardening products) is used because it is easy to walk in to any shop and buy. When it is used by Asians or Muslims or controlling ex jealous boyfriends and husbands to disfigure their partners then that adds a whole level of fucked upness to it.

I would caution against taking any one opinion of London as an indication of much. Particularly of someone just visiting. My brother and his wife live and work there as do a few friends and at least a handful of posters on here. I travel up at least a few times a year to work and don't fell anymore threatened now than I ever have. It is a big city with crime but also a hell of a lot of positives too. I am not going to let a minority of scum stop me enjoying that.

They are trying to legislate to make it harder for youths to buy acid but the problem is much more societal than that. Huge cuts in Policing and Community services along with the general alienation and lack of empathy among many groups of young people is a tinder box that was always going to ignite.
    Hmm. It seems you are making a little bit of progress. Now who carries out most of the acid attacks? It is young black men. Now which section of society is most likely to be lacking a father figure? Yes, it is young black men. You see the same pattern in America and crime, it is not a racist society at fault it is generally speaking broken families and the ensuing chaos that results from that. You touch on it, but hold back. That is not surprising.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Hmm. It seems you are making a little bit of progress. Now who carries out most of the acid attacks? It is young black men. Now which section of society is most likely to be lacking a father figure? Yes, it is young black men. You see the same pattern in America and crime, it is not a racist society at fault it is generally speaking broken families and the ensuing chaos that results from that. You touch on it, but hold back. That is not surprising.
    This is true

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

This is true
    No it isn't. Not really.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

This is true
    No it isn't. Not really.
    Because you know everything, don't you?

Children from broken homes are statistically considerably more likely to end up repeating the patterns they see growing up meaning more drugs, gangs, broken families, etc. You touched on it in your own post and the part I highlighted above correlates directly with what I am currently reading. I am impressed that you went there. There is a growing alienation and a growing lack of empathy and this is a trait of perhaps one of the most disturbing personality disorders. You hate to admit it but broken families lead to a greater likelihood of violence and criminality and this appears to be quite an obvious thing to point out. Who is more likely to grow up in a broken family? Who is more likely to end up in prison? The Marxist in you will likely try to blame it on Tories and wealth, but people have been poor in the past without using acid as a weapon. The broken family structure is significant and this is one of the most unfortunate aspects of modern Britain.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broken families is only one aspect of course. I think it fair to say that kids today spend less time with their parents/parent than ever before. Even if the family isn't broken, you need two incomes to stay ahead and especially in London and that means kids are send to daycare, they are left at home on their own, they are neglected. Then when families break up they are abandoned. Then when they are left with a mother on welfare the mother is all too often mentally unwell and ill equipped to be a mother and if she is working then she will barely have time for the kid anyway. Either way it leads to maladjustment. Now many of course are doing the best they can and in difficult circumstances, but many are not and have lived their lives without setting a good example to their kids. It leads to societal breakdown. More police is not going to stop angry young people from throwing acid at people. More police is not going to stop mentally ill people from acting up and joining gangs. More police is not going to stop people choosing poor partners who won't stick around and be a Dad. This is very unfortunate, but it starts by choosing a good partner and raising your child properly so that he is not angry, alienated, and lacking in empathy. Some of it might be genetic meaning a defective parent, but the rest is societal and that means kids need good parental role models. They don't really have that a lot of the time. You certainly see this in the black community in the US and unfortunately the UK has the same issues when it comes to strong black families. Kids play up without a stable family structure. Kids can play up with one too, but it is more likely when it is lacking.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 07-27-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Change the record Miles. The dark shadow of Eugenics looms large over your post. You think you are being intellectually brave, going where others dare not, whilst in reality you are just repeating the mad rantings of a sociopath. Your posting gives the impression that you have had an empathy bypass yourself.

You don't seem to be able to shake the baggage of your own deeply ingrained prejudice and fear of immigrants, black people and the disabled. It taints everything you post so you are not starting from a point of open mindedness at all. No wonder you come to the same conclusions.

It is why despite the overwhelming majority of acid attacks being carried out by British born people you insisted on blaming it on immigrants. Maybe you see all black Brits as migrants, who knows, most of your posting is borderline NF so it would surprise nobody.

Everything for you is the fault of 'the left' or immigration. It is why nobody can take you seriously here.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Some of it might be genetic meaning a defective parent'.... Care to explain this nugget?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And this proves their is no reason or objectivity in your post at all. Nobody can win. All parents will fail their kids, whatever they do. The most revealing bit is how whatever happens its always the mothers fault. I think therapy for most people is not very helpful but you might want to think about it.

'need two incomes to stay ahead and especially in London and that means kids are send to daycare, they are left at home on their own, they are neglected. Then when families break up they are abandoned. Then when they are left with a mother on welfare the mother is all too often mentally unwell and ill equipped to be a mother and if she is working then she will barely have time for the kid anyway'
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh dear. That is a rather unfortunate post, Beanz. I don't think you have read anything I said and you certainly made up a number of things there. Your post does not warrant a response. Eugenics? Utterly bizarre. Your own posting funnily enough fits exactly with the theme of a book I am reading. Like Walrus always says you never notice it. If you did you might be more self aware than you are, but you clearly aren't.

Thread Information