Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terence Crawford v David Avanesyan 10/12/23

Terence Crawford has confirmed when he will return to the boxing ring and who his next opponent will be.

But sadly it won’t be against Errol Spence Jr as David Avanesyan has been given the opportunity to fight for the world title instead.

It will be Crawford’s first fight since stopping Shawn Porter at Michelob Ultra Arena last November but not the one many had wanted with the prospect of a clash with Spence Jr diminishing.

Crawford’s contest comes after talks to make an undisputed super-fight with his fellow American this year broke down, but both sides have insisted that they still want to make it happen in early 2023.

The WBO welterweight champion will face Russian veteran Avanesyan on December 10 at CHI Health Center in Omaha.

And those unable to bag a ticket for the event will have to stump up a staggering £35.91 ($39.95) to watch the contest.

BLK Prime will broadcast the PPV across the globe.

Crawford, 35, has accused Spence, 32, of running scared after their contract talks reportedly stalled.

“I’m excited about this opportunity,” he told ESPN. “I was really looking forward to the Errol Spence fight.

“I started communicating with [boxing manager] Al Haymon and PBC back in June and unfortunately, they represent a fighter in Errol Spence who didn’t want the fight as bad as I did.

“I agreed to all of their [B.S.] and they’ve been dragging their a** for months. Spence was nowhere to be found while I was trying to make the deal. I explained to Al Haymon and Errol that I was going to fight before the end of the year.

“David Avanesyan is a very tough task. He’s knocked out his last six opponents and this guy is dangerous. Once I’m successful against Avanesyan, my plan is still the same: Whoop Errol Spence’s a**.”

However, Spence claimed that the announcement has taken him completely by surprise.

“I don’t know who [Avanesyan] is,” he told The Dallas Morning News per BoxingScene.com.

“I’ve done everything that I said I was going to do and I’ll fight him next and we’ll see who is holding the fight up.

“Everybody sees now who is holding the fight up.

“He had this [fight against Avanesyan] I guess in his back pocket.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...42c62512b660ab
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford v David Avanesyan 10/12/23

Not gonna lie, I’m pissed off that the Spence fight hasn’t been made. But I’m pleased for Avaneysan and intrigued to see how well he does.
    Wonder why Conor Benn didn’t take this fight?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not watching this. Can’t believe the Spence fight fell through and I’m disappointed with both. I won’t watch them fight unless they are facing a top opponent (preferably each other). I have no intention of watching Bud fight Avanesyan. Our discussion on the other thread about the 5 Kings makes this even more frustrating- what a waste for both guys.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pathetic. This will always be a stain on Bud. Everyone knows Spence agreed and Bud kept making demands.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, everyone in boxing wants Spence v Crawford and they are wasting their peak years. Their legacies will be tarnished, if they have not been already, if they do not make the fight.

However Avanesyan has beaten up all our fighters over here impressively and has earned the right to take on them if they are not willing to engage with one another.

Why is every fight now seemingly PPV?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I agree, everyone in boxing wants Spence v Crawford and they are wasting their peak years. Their legacies will be tarnished, if they have not been already, if they do not make the fight.

However Avanesyan has beaten up all our fighters over here impressively and has earned the right to take on them if they are not willing to engage with one another.

Why is every fight now seemingly PPV?
    In order to pay these guys the money they feel they are worth. If it wasn’t PPV it probably wouldn’t get made.
    This is where the slippery slidy slope has ended up. I remember banging on about this for years about fights not being “PPV Worthy” and was told I was a tight miserable old git. (All true btw.)
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Pathetic. This will always be a stain on Bud. Everyone knows Spence agreed and Bud kept making demands.
    Both are to blame for this and this will be a stain on both. What a wasted opportunity for the sport. I’m disgusted with both of these guys and will likely boycott the rest of their fights. I have zero interest in watching them fight anyone else at this point.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bud is no pound for pound anything.

Scared to loose the 0.

Canelo should come out and say he will fight Benevidez now to put them both to shame!

Thread Information