Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs Mosley at Lightweight

I am reall ynot sure , i always thought Mosley was unbeatable at LW , but for what Mayweather has gone on and achived im not so sure.
    im gunna fence sit this one

DRAW 12
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

ICB Guest

Mosley would of lost he has always struggled against good jabbers and back at Lightweight Mayweather had a terrific jab, plus i think Mayweather is the better boxer so im going with Mayweather by close UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough fight to call id go with Mosley as he was faster and hit 3x as hard.

Mosley close UD maybe SD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley.

People forget that Shane was a MONSTER at 135. I think he'd take a close UD.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley by an easy win.Not to mention he was 32-0 with 31 KO's. Mayweather would have ran and ran Mosley would have chased and chased an easily outgunned him and knocked him out. Remember Shane is the natural lightweight Floyd won a bronze in the featherweight division. So Shane would have an edge in size,also he is just as fast,and throws a helluva alot more punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mosley hits to hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know. I think Mosley was more physically gifted than Mayweather and also a bigger guy, as he was a huge lightweight who'd weigh 150 in some of those fights on fight night.

Mosley had amazing speed and could crack, but was fighting relatively weak opposition at 135. On the other hand, Castillo gave Mayweather all he could handle in the first bout, but Mosley and Castillo don't really fight alike.

I think Mayweather's boxing skills, defense, and intelligence would give Mosley fits. Mosley's always been overrated in terms of boxing skills, because he's fast. So people think he's some sort of great pure boxer, but he isn't, and never was. He's a speedy slugger who was at his best in the exchanges, and winged a lot of shots. He too often threw a pawing jab and left himself open down the middle. I can see Mayweather catching him down the middle with his accurate straight right hand and superior jab.

I also think it helps for Mayweather's sake if it's a couple fights into 135. Mayweather filled out nicely into the weight classes he fought in pre-147. Mayweather talked about hand and shoulder injuries in the first Castillo fight. Maybe it's true, maybe not, fighters always talk about injuries after the fact that it's hard to know when to take them seriously. But it was a jump in weight for Mayweather against a bigger guy in Castillo. Maybe the Mayweather against Ndou was better since he had 3 previous fights to be more adjusted to being a lightweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather. Mosley at LW had either equal or greater speed and Mayweather has shown he knows how to deal with a faster fighter. PBF was the epitome of composure while Mosley was frustratable as evidenced in both Wright fights and the 2nd Forrest fight. There wouldn't be a KO considering both fighters also had phenomenal chins, but i see Mayweather taking less damage and doing a little more to get the win.
    Oops

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Mayweather. Mosley at LW had either equal or greater speed and Mayweather has shown he knows how to deal with a faster fighter. PBF was the epitome of composure while Mosley was frustratable as evidenced in both Wright fights and the 2nd Forrest fight. There wouldn't be a KO considering both fighters also had phenomenal chins, but i see Mayweather taking less damage and doing a little more to get the win.
    I'm not picking your post apart man, but the Wright and Forrest fights were at 147 and 154 if I'm not mistaken.

I feel in those fights he was frustrated by the lack of effect his power boxing had. At lightweight he just powered on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I'm not picking your post apart man, but the Wright and Forrest fights were at 147 and 154 if I'm not mistaken.

I feel in those fights he was frustrated by the lack of effect his power boxing had. At lightweight he just powered on.
    Exactly. He fought Winky at 154...a weight where Shane had no power, not great speed, and was much naturally smaller than Wright. He fought Forrest at 147...where again...he wasn't at his best speed. And i always just thought Vernon had the style, height and length to give Shane fits. The higher in weight Shane went, the less effective he was with his power, combos, and even speed. Again, Floyd is the better technical fighter...but at LIGHTWEIGHT...Shane was a physical force.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but they are also some of the first people who actually tried to outbox Shane aside from Oscar who was successful early in the fight with Shane.

Shane was good at adapting, and he was a monster at lightweight but he wasn't invulnerable, he had flaws as the Holiday fight showed, its more there wasnt really anyone at lightweight to challenge him but thats not his fault.

But I don't think it would be an easy fight either way. The thing is Shane's style never changed, so I have no problem saying that if even Forrest was a lightweight he would have beaten shane the same way.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Yes but they are also some of the first people who actually tried to outbox Shane aside from Oscar who was successful early in the fight with Shane.

Shane was good at adapting, and he was a monster at lightweight but he wasn't invulnerable, he had flaws as the Holiday fight showed, its more there wasnt really anyone at lightweight to challenge him but thats not his fault.

But I don't think it would be an easy fight either way. The thing is Shane's style never changed, so I have no problem saying that if even Forrest was a lightweight he would have beaten shane the same way.
    When a bigger man has good boxing skills, his skills are multiplied by his size advantage. It's a huge deal when a fighter moves up a division and his success, its not easily done!

Shane had more than a couple of flaws at Lightweight, but his physicality ensured that no Lightweight could touch him.
    At Lightweight he had the perfect physical make up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still say Mayweather. Floyd was no slouch either at lightweight. He has always had the ability to adjust, as evidenced by the 2nd Castillo fight at lightweight. Shane is the same throughout the fight and while that was more than enough for just about everyone he's faced, someone who could either top that or adjust to it had his number. And it's not about the weight- at any class Winky and Vernon would have beat Shane. I'm not saying it would have been a walk in the park, but PBF would have pulled it out.
    Oops

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post

I still say Mayweather. Floyd was no slouch either at lightweight. He has always had the ability to adjust, as evidenced by the 2nd Castillo fight at lightweight. Shane is the same throughout the fight and while that was more than enough for just about everyone he's faced, someone who could either top that or adjust to it had his number. And it's not about the weight- at any class Winky and Vernon would have beat Shane. I'm not saying it would have been a walk in the park, but PBF would have pulled it out.
    Floyd was a beautiful fighter at Super feather, his stay at Lightweight was excellent also.

I just watched Mosely vs. Morales again last night at 135. Mosely got stronger as the bout went on and displayed iron chin and great speed.

I still believe at 135 he pulls out a UD over Mayweather, but gets beaten by Mayweather at 147 and 154.

Thread Information