Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if lewis would of fought wlad instead of vitali who would of won ??

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ICB Guest

Default if lewis would of fought wlad instead of vitali who would of won ??

lewis vs wlad i feel wlad gives lewis problems like vitali did but wlad hasnt got the chin his brother has so ko for lewis in middle rounds i feel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if lewis would of fought wlad instead of vitali who would of won ??

If it was Wvlad that night instead of Vitali I reckon Lewis will have still tried to slug out out cuz he wasnt in condition to box .

If he was in the same shape he was for Rahman 2 then Lewis would have snapped out his left hand and ended it with a right pretty early in the fight .

The Lewis Vitali fought though was older and slower and Wvlad would have done better than his bro by boxing more , getting involved less and use his left hand from a distance . Inevitably Lennox would have caught up with him and those shots he began landing on Vitali would have dropped and stopped Wvlad . Igave Vitali 1 more round beofre getting stopped legitimatley by Lewis if it wasnt for the cuts . Id give Wvlad even less considering his stamina and chin problems

Lewis in 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    If it was Wvlad that night instead of Vitali I reckon Lewis will have still tried to slug out out cuz he wasnt in condition to box .

If he was in the same shape he was for Rahman 2 then Lewis would have snapped out his left hand and ended it with a right pretty early in the fight .

The Lewis Vitali fought though was older and slower and Wvlad would have done better than his bro by boxing more , getting involved less and use his left hand from a distance . Inevitably Lennox would have caught up with him and those shots he began landing on Vitali would have dropped and stopped Wvlad . Igave Vitali 1 more round beofre getting stopped legitimatley by Lewis if it wasnt for the cuts . Id give Wvlad even less considering his stamina and chin problems

Lewis in 5

I agree...Lennox was not in condition that night...it was obvious...It is also the reson Vitaly did so well...Lewis was tired by round 3...he over looked Vitaly.....The fight would have pretty much gone the same if it was Wlad in there except maybe Lewis went for the kill early on and got Wlad out quickly....The again who knows Wlad has a tremendous punch on him....

An in shape Lewis takes Wlad out inside of 2
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Lewis in 5

I agree...Lennox was not in condition that night...it was obvious...It is also the reson Vitaly did so well...Lewis was tired by round 3...he over looked Vitaly.....The fight would have pretty much gone the same if it was Wlad in there except maybe Lewis went for the kill early on and got Wlad out quickly....The again who knows Wlad has a tremendous punch on him....

I completely agree. But it seems some gloss over the fact that Lewis was not in shape for this fight. Lewis suffered from the same disease as Tyson, coming down with a case of the lazies when an opponent was supposedly less than stellar.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This maybe harsh but he will not stand a chance. Lewis by KO. Just take a look at the Klits brothers you can tell who is the better boxer. And the better one can't do big damage to the lazy version of Lennox. There is something in Vitalys character that Wlad doesn't have. The killer instinct. On the build up of the Lennox fight, its hard to pick who will win. Most boxing aficionados knows that Vitaly has a chance. And i don't see that on Wlad case (even todays version of him). Since this is ifs and buts we will never know how he would fare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post

Lewis in 5

I completely agree. But it seems some gloss over the fact that Lewis was not in shape for this fight. Lewis suffered from the same disease as Tyson, coming down with a case of the lazies when an opponent was supposedly less than stellar.
    Oh without a doubt I agree with you on the fdact Lennox at times would get lazy if he thought an opponent was going to be a pushover...EG the first Rahman fight and the first McCall fight.....

Though when Lennox Lewis came in shape and was looking to wreak havok or show his superiority he was as good as they come....Whats more is if you talked trash about Lennox he made sure he gave you a sound beating...Ask Frank Bruno, Rahman after winning the first bout, Oliver McCall, Mike Tyson....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post

Oh without a doubt I agree with you on the fdact Lennox at times would get lazy if he thought an opponent was going to be a pushover...EG the first Rahman fight and the first McCall fight.....

Though when Lennox Lewis came in shape and was looking to wreak havok or show his superiority he was as good as they come....Whats more is if you talked trash about Lennox he made sure he gave you a sound beating...Ask Frank Bruno, Rahman after winning the first bout, Oliver McCall, Mike Tyson....
    I think many people are judging this "what-if" fight using an in-shape Lewis. I'm going by the one who stepped in with Vitali Klitschko. Wlad back then threw hammers non-stop until he ran out of gas and the injury Vitali sustained would be highly unlikely to happen to Wlad considering how it happened at all. I'm not saying Wlad would win, but I don't see it as cut-and-dry as everyone else.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i aint really got a clue but im going with lewis.theres no reason i just like him more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis by KO... back then.

Wlad is a better fighter now that he has Lewis' old trainer.

More confidence too. His technique is better and he doesn't try to waste all his energy this time around "as much."

El Kabong Guest

Well Wlad always had power, I see it being kind of like the Lewis-Briggs fight.....Wlad could have put Lennox down but Lewis could have grabbed onto Wlad and pulled the same shit he did vs Michael Grant

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Well Wlad always had power, I see it being kind of like the Lewis-Briggs fight.....Wlad could have put Lennox down but Lewis could have grabbed onto Wlad and pulled the same S*** he did vs Michael Grant
    You mean KTFO out of a chinny big guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again Wlad dosent have it in him to War with someone...That Fight Lewis had with Vitali was a Classic Heavyweight battle that saw Lewis landing some clean solid punches on Vitali that rocked him a few times especially the uppercut, but Vitali kept his composure and stayed on his feet and kept pressing on bravely.....

if It was Wlad he would of been gassed out from the constant action and would of been dropped and KO'd...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME

Lewis in 5
    No way was Vitali wilting in that fight...Lewis would of been the one going down...He didnt have the stamina to continue...Lewis knew he couldnt beat Vitali..Why do you think he refused the rematch and retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post

Lewis knew he couldnt beat Vitali..Why do you think he refused the rematch and retired

Unless I am very much mistaekn, and I am sure I am not, Lewis DID beat Vitali?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes me laugh the whole thing. Look at Vitali's face after the fight, did he look like a guy who was winning Lewis ruined the guy, gave him 50 stitches in his face, left him so bad that the doctor had to pull him out with one of the wost cuts you will ever see. As I see it Lewis did his job and got the guy our of there in 6 rounds, pretty impressive I'd say.

Oh but wait...... 3 old geezers at ringside said that Vitali was ahead half way through the fight according to their pieces of paper, so that must hold more weight

Would people really be more impressed if Lewis had've won a 12 round jab fest, rather than destroying a guys face and leaving him a position where he could not coninue. I'm sure I remeber it being Lewis fist that cut Vitali so bad he couldn't continue, as far as I remeber that would make him the winner

Thread Information