Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighters we love to hate no matter how good they are...

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fighters we love to hate no matter how good they are...

I got to thinking about this since it seems there is forever online wars here about Mayweather, Calzaghe and Hatton. It seems no matter what these guys do or how well they do someone is always going to find something about them to do their best and discredit what ever they have accomplished....

I guess that is one of the best things about being a fan...being able to get into a good arguement about the top guys in the sport....

So I was thinking of a few other guys in the past that no matter what they accomplished while they were fighting they never seemed to get the credit they deserve...

Lennox Lewis--The man owned the HW division for years and with the exception of the two KO losses that he avenged masterfully he was never given his due until he retired....

Hector Camacho- A two division champion that was never stopped in 85 bouts and only down a hand full of times in his career...yet it did not matter if Hector beat 6 guys in a night he was given no respect by anyone but his die hard fans

Roy Jones- At Super Middleweight he was perhaps the most talented fighter to ever grace the sport..his skill at 168 is perhaps the best I have ever seen live...yet Roy seemd to be criticized his whole career...mainly for opponent choice but at times you had to ask yourself...was his opponents that bad or was he just that good

Larry Holmes- The man to take the reigns at HW after Ali retired...came as close to Marcianos record as anyone has yet....beat top level comp but never got the respect he deserved...at times Larry was almost invisible in the eyes of the press and fans alike.....

any others anyone would like to add
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighters we love to hate no matter how good they are...

Roy beat those people so bad it was criminal. Knocking guys out with his hands behind his back, he was just that good and when he was on he was the best.
    Lennox my boy-o; I never get into the debates about him cause' he's my favorite all time, and I get biased so I just keep my mouth shut. He was bad and as Jones, when he was on....well, you know.
    Mayweather almost seems like he wants to be hated so he can have the reason to talk about himself. He can't be humble, or so it appears on t.v. but we know you can't always make judgements by the media.
    Chuvalo never seems to get the credit he deserves, you just never hear anyone mention him. I don't think people like or dislike him, he just seems forgotten at times.
    Wladimir I think alot of people hate on and he's actually pretty damn good and I don't think he would have faired as bad as some think with the greats. I don't necessarily think he would have beat the greats, but think he'd have been better than generally opinioned.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All those fighter are seen by many fans as arrogant with the exception of Calzaghe and Hatton. I think that is the main reason people dont like to give them credit.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney.
    Floyd.
    Hopkins.
    Wright.
    Jones jr.
    Cotto.
    Hatton.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    All those fighter are seen by many fans as arrogant with the exception of Calzaghe and Hatton. I think that is the main reason people dont like to give them credit.
    You ever hear Calzaghe talk? He's pretty fucking arrogant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Paulie Malinaggi drives me up a wall worse than Floyd, though he is a good fighter. I want to see someone knock him out though.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    You ever hear Calzaghe talk? He's pretty F****** arrogant
    I dont think alot of people think he is. I dont, he seems pretty honest i mean he doesnt seem to have a problem admitting when he was hurt and he respects his opponents. He does act like a champion though but thats not being arrogant just confident imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Byrd...
    Vinny Pazienza
    Mark Johnson
    Light's Out
    May(will)wither
    Jones jr
    J.Litzau
    Eubank's
    The Princess aka Naz.
    all arrogant....w/skill's ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone wants paulie to loose all the time

But paulie gains respect even in loosing, that made some haters fans and other haters go nuts

Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    You ever hear Calzaghe talk? He's pretty F****** arrogant
    I dont think alot of people think he is. I dont, he seems pretty honest i mean he doesnt seem to have a problem admitting when he was hurt and he respects his opponents. He does act like a champion though but thats not being arrogant just confident imo.
    I think I'd tend to agree with you, he is on the whole fairly honest and confident as a champion. I didn't like his dig at Hopkins recently which was a bit purile, but I think he has on and off days like the best of us. It's just no one ever prints what I say and it gets read by hundreds of thousands of people on my off days. And I suppose to put it in perspective, he's not on a par with Toney, Mayweather, RJJ et al in those arrogance stakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    I got to thinking about this since it seems there is forever online wars here about Mayweather, Calzaghe and Hatton. It seems no matter what these guys do or how well they do someone is always going to find something about them to do their best and discredit what ever they have accomplished....

I guess that is one of the best things about being a fan...being able to get into a good arguement about the top guys in the sport....

So I was thinking of a few other guys in the past that no matter what they accomplished while they were fighting they never seemed to get the credit they deserve...

Lennox Lewis--The man owned the HW division for years and with the exception of the two KO losses that he avenged masterfully he was never given his due until he retired....

Hector Camacho- A two division champion that was never stopped in 85 bouts and only down a hand full of times in his career...yet it did not matter if Hector beat 6 guys in a night he was given no respect by anyone but his die hard fans

Roy Jones- At Super Middleweight he was perhaps the most talented fighter to ever grace the sport..his skill at 168 is perhaps the best I have ever seen live...yet Roy seemd to be criticized his whole career...mainly for opponent choice but at times you had to ask yourself...was his opponents that bad or was he just that good

Larry Holmes- The man to take the reigns at HW after Ali retired...came as close to Marcianos record as anyone has yet....beat top level comp but never got the respect he deserved...at times Larry was almost invisible in the eyes of the press and fans alike.....

any others anyone would like to add
    Good call on Roy. I for one just thought he was an asshole and a hotdog and supremely egotistical. Good Boxer though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont kno why people hate Hatton.....
    He's a humble down to earth family..
    Wants to always fight the best
    Some people say he does to much hugging/wrestling but thats bull,apart from the collazo and Urango fight he doesnt really,he's one of the most exciting boxers in the world
    Plus,he's a funny lad...

so i dont c how people dont like him,i think its just bias agains British fighters from the Americans...
    I believe that and im Irish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fin
    Some people say he does to much hugging/wrestling but thats bull,apart from the collazo and Urango fight he doesnt really,he's one of the most exciting boxers in the world
    Plus,he's a funny lad...

so i dont c how people dont like him,i think its just bias agains British fighters from the Americans...
    im also irish-and i hav 2 say a big hatton fan(also a mayweather-he's a dick but fuckin hell he's good)
    Its a testament 2 hatton that irish people r becoming fans-that takes some doin when your english-fair play he's a good lad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fin
    Plus,he's a funny lad...

There is no bias towards Hatton by Americans
    He's a sloppy fighter,so he's not exciting,it turns some people off. But I know for a fact that at least one major gym in the midwest is praying that Ricky shuts Floyd's yap.
    I dont think it happens,and not that I wouldnt like to see it too,I just Floyd is not going to be there to play to Ricky's strengths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins is da man!

Thread Information