Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua - Whyte (What A Fight)

Great fight. Loved it. Joshua answered a lot of question. Also great performance by Whyte. He tested Joshua like he's never been tested b4. I think Whyte has a future. Wow what show. Not to mention another great fight before by Eubank Jnr. Well worth the money.
    Last edited by denilson200; 12-13-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua - Whyte (What A Fight)

I enjoyed it too mate
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two British hw's having a tear up , it was very exciting.

Mentioned
    1686 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ thought it was going to be an easy blow out after the 1st round and started to tease Whyte in the second until he got hurt and wobbled. Whyte won the 3rd but then AJ took over when he re-focused from the 4th round onwards.

The knock out shows AJ has brutal power.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Master. I think Joshue got too emotional and allowed Whyte to get into his head, so he stood right in front of Whyte wanting a tear up. He fought Whytes fight for the first three rounds and he did look quite ponderous and disheveled at times. The second round was the worst round he has experienced in his life!

Once he started to control the distance better, he boxed Whytes ears off and gave him a battering (he was also much fitter than Whyte)

Whyte was tough, and very game. I'm delighted that he actually came to win and he showed some nice old pro tricks here and there, even though he hasn't had many fights.

Joshua was excellent. He showed his boxing skill, he demonstrated excellent fitness and he showed chin and heart. The finish was devastating, and there is no question about his viciousness in the ring. A good showcase for British boxing
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, hope I get a chance to see this fight.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I agree with Master. I think Joshue got too emotional and allowed Whyte to get into his head, so he stood right in front of Whyte wanting a tear up. He fought Whytes fight for the first three rounds and he did look quite ponderous and disheveled at times. The second round was the worst round he has experienced in his life!

Once he started to control the distance better, he boxed Whytes ears off and gave him a battering (he was also much fitter than Whyte)

Whyte was tough, and very game. I'm delighted that he actually came to win and he showed some nice old pro tricks here and there, even though he hasn't had many fights.

Joshua was excellent. He showed his boxing skill, he demonstrated excellent fitness and he showed chin and heart. The finish was devastating, and there is no question about his viciousness in the ring. A good showcase for British boxing
    Fair point. But I don't think AJ gave Whyte a beating. Far from it. Strange as it may seem but I was just as impressed by Whyte as I was AJ. I thought AJ would blow him out in 1 or 2. But I could not have been more wrong. Whyte showed that AJ is just human. Trust me I don't think Matchroom are gonna be quick to grant rematch. Whyte is too dangerous. AJ has now had back to back wins against young unbeaten fighters in Cornish and Whyte. Unbeaten fighters are always a risk for fighters groomed for stardom, as they could be anything. So fair play to Matchroom boxing they're matching AJ hard. I don't think Wlad, Wilder or Fury were fighting guys as good as Whyte in their 15th fight.

So no-one can say AJ is a protected fighter. This fight showed that AJ has good chin too. In the second round he took a left hook flush, that punch would have knocked most others fighters down and a lot would not have got back up. A few seconds later Whyte hit him flush with an overhand right but he took it. Bear in mind Whyte has won his last 12 fights either by KO or TKO so he hits hard. I can see them meeting again, as I can see Whyte coming back and reeling off some wins, but this is not gonna happen in the near future. I thought AJ was a bit stiff and did not use jab enough, but he did get Whyte out of there and as he said himself 'I learnt more in that fight that I have done in my previous 14"
    Last edited by denilson200; 12-15-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Thread Information