Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Loma could activate mandatory status in WBC or WBO and Haney could get out of the Kambosos fight that way.

Tank could activate his WBA mandatory status.

But neither is.

I’m sure those that will defend certain fighters no matter what will say “Loma needs a tune up, he’s been in a war” but I have not seen any footage of him in the war and I follow it every day through multiple methods since I have 4 Ukrainians from Kharkiv under my roof right now. Usually athletes celebrity is used to raise spirits, not as a grunt in a foxhole.

If he’s ready to fight in October he’s ready to fight Haney, he’s been putting it off for more than 3 years as Devin became Loma’s mandatory on 5/25/2019. Please people, when/if you communicate on any forums do it in an honest fashion. They have ducked Devin for years. And he did everything he needed to do becoming undisputed and they are still ducking him. We can’t pick our favorites and defend it no matter what. At the bottom of it all needs to be some truth. Ducking Devin is bad for the sport. Creating narratives where ducking Devin is acceptable allows any narrative to be created. Hold the ducks responsible

Devin Haney is undisputed and has 0 mandatories. 4 belts, 0 mandatories. Ducking could not be more blatant. Call it what it is

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Seems like this would really all be up to Kambosos and what Haney agreed to prior. Of course that's the last match that needs a rematch but Haney made that bed. At least for remainder of the year. I can see Loma v Haney happening 'soon' though. More than a few respectable speed bumps have happened with Loma returning home and Haney needing to get out of an unnecessary part: two in Australia but with Garcia fighting tonight and Tank reaching compacity on glorified gimmick ppvs..I still have faith they will make it happen. On a side, good on you Ron for opening your doors to those souls fleeing their homeland.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney signed a contract giving the Aussie a guaranteed rematch. Regardless of how dodging a rematch would shake out with the alphabet boys the standard clause for rematches would see Haney forced to pay out his entire earnings to the Aussie for any and all fights he took before the rematch plus a significant sum on top. Those terms and conditions are what champions like Lewis and Klitschko and Mayweather have put into contracts for their opponents for decades.

In this case Haney was so desperate (in a good way) to get the fight that he agreed to basically all the conditions the Aussies came up with, initial fight in Australia, guaranteed rematch also in Australia and so on. There would definitely have been huge penalty clauses in there like the ones described above to make sure the Aussies get the rematch when they want it.

I also think it's very good of you to take in those Ukrainians Ronald. Are they relatives?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That’s the point of activating mandatory positions, the sanctioning bodies don’t care about personal contracts. And the Haney’s have been very clear that the contract is set up that the can get around the rematch clause if Tank or Loma would enact their mandatory positions

About Ukrainians, yes, family, my wife, my boy, and my wife’s parents

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That’s the point of activating mandatory positions, the sanctioning bodies don’t care about personal contracts. And the Haney’s have been very clear that the contract is set up that the can get around the rematch clause if Tank or Loma would enact their mandatory positions

Haney was just interviewed saying the rematch doesn't have to happen next. I'm guessing that's more because the Aussie doesn't want it and is making other plans rather than that Haney has the contractual right to avoid it. If he's saying that Davis and Lomachenko just have to ask for their mandatory then he's just trying to talk them into it. Lomachenko I can understand. Whatever he's up to with the Ukrainian army who he might fight next is the least of his worries. Davis has less of an excuse. Haney is with Top Rank though now. Unlikely Arum is going to rush to make a fight with Floyd and Haymon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They’re both are avoiding Haney including Garcia.

Garcia was mandatory for haneys WBC title but then faked mental illness to avoid him.

Haney is the best in the division but everyone is still trying to avoid him.

Haney will chase these cowards down at 140 and be undisputed at that weight as well.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Haney was just interviewed saying the rematch doesn't have to happen next. I'm guessing that's more because the Aussie doesn't want it and is making other plans rather than that Haney has the contractual right to avoid it. If he's saying that Davis and Lomachenko just have to ask for their mandatory then he's just trying to talk them into it. Lomachenko I can understand. Whatever he's up to with the Ukrainian army who he might fight next is the least of his worries. Davis has less of an excuse. Haney is with Top Rank though now. Unlikely Arum is going to rush to make a fight with Floyd and Haymon.
    Loma isn’t with the military, he’s fighting in October. It could be Haney but he said specifically he wants a tuneup. It hasn’t even been a year, he doesn’t need a tuneup.

We can go around and around but fact is it’s been 3 years and a couple months Loma could fight Haney and he’s still choosing not to. That’s clear. That’s not interpretation. Haney became his mandatory, Loma gave up his belt to not fight him. Haney has all the belts, Loma has 2 mandatory positions, he’s still not fighting him. No interpretation, just facts

Thread Information