First off a big hand clap to both Alvarado and Rios who put on a marvelous show of attrition. This thread though is more about my pondering on the mental makeup of Brandon Rios. I think he was awesome, but there is something kind of scary in how he goes about things. I have seen plenty of fighters with a leaky defense, but Rios almost seems to thrive on it. He almost relishes being able to walk through whatever is being thrown at him. He took some punches that were just flat out nasty, but not a bother. Rios really seems to get off on it all, which is great for this kind of combat. It is also infinitely more fun to watch than seeing the likes of Mayweather and Donaire prancing about.

I like Brandon Rios, he is hardcore. This is a man who will have blood dripping out of his mouth and still be leering at you with menace. 'What is wrong with him? Why doesn't he fear me?' ponders the opponent in the split second before Rios is back inside trying to bully. I struggle to imagine that chin not giving way at some point in the future, but at the moment it is scary what he can take. His post fight interview was revealing too. This is not a man who will clinch, he just wants to fuck you up.

Props to Brandon Rios. His career is becoming a lot of fun.