Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
I believe if Jack Johnson fought today he'd have today's skill set with the same spirit of kill or be killed, racism all to be damned, he would've been as fearles today as yesteryear.
Thus he beats K2, Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield.

I believe if Ray Robinson fought today he'd beat Floyd & Pac in the same year.

I believed if Ray Robinson had fought Charley Burley, Ray would've been just another good welter, not great.

I believe Archie Moore was right when he called Burley the greatest he ever fought.
I believe Ray Robinson's manager George Gainford that he he "bypassed" Burley.
Today we call it "cherry picking"
I believe its true that Johnny Ray, manager of Billy Conn turned down a proposed match with Burley-by saying- "You can have him for Christmas, for New Year's, or your Aunt Tillie's birthday. But never mention his name again."

I believe Burley would've beatan Floyd & Pac @ WW & Jr Middle & Haglar & Hopkins @ MW.

I believed Burley helped coin the turn "Black Murderers Row" a group of boxers no one gave title shots to- to which Burley fought & beat 3 outta the 5 in this group.

I believe Ray Leonard was afraid to fight Hearns a 2nd time because he knew from fight one-Hearns had his number.

I believe had Tyson fought Tua it would've exceeded Forman-Lyle, Holy-Bowe: their styles was perfect for each other. & Gatti Ward would've been compared to this fight.

And I believe Laila Ali was suppose to fight undefeated HW champ Vonda Ward- But when Ward chose to fight Ann Wolfe as a tuneup and got knocked out & retired..Laila went dancing with the stars.

I believe Bob Arum is the worst promoter ever in boxing & one of the top 10 worst persons on the face of this earth.

Last: I believe had there been no George Forman for Ali to beat, he would've been just another HW.
Burley is a real technician.