Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
It's just you deflecting from and apologising for the Tories again.

Asian tories are nearly always more racist than non tory Asians. Still nowhere near as racist as UKIP Asians though.
Not sure I agree with your loose definition of Asian, but if you would like to use the media version then I will agree with you.

I do not support the Tories.

Never have.
Like I have always said say you will employ PC methods when it suits you to shut down any meaningful debate. Why now do you suddenly not consider people whose Parents both came from Pakistan as Asian? His is English. He is British. But he is also a British Asian.

My Fathers second wife is a British citizen but she was not born here. She is Asian.

Where have i ever suggested that because you come from Harrogate where 95% of the population are white, you know nothing about ethnic minorities? It turns out that actually you don't but that is beside the point. You project this ignorance onto others. In 2002 my City had 2% ethnic minority by 2010 it had risen to 10% and now it is approaching 20% . We are a port and dispersal centre for asylum seekers. Not some sheltered posh Victorian Spa town miles from the coast like where you come from. There are many refugees from Iraq and Syria and other places in the middle east here and you have long castigated me for working with them and those victims of war in Syria and Iraq etc for years now. Now all of a sudden I have never met a non white, non christian person? You are all over the place mate, and anger will do that to you.

Calm down. We are going to have another unelected tory Prime Minister who will share many more of your values than mine. Embrace it, after all it will make no difference to you Miles , a long distance, away in Asia.
My point is that I question the use of the word Asian considering the scope and size of Asia itself. An Indian person is very distinct from a Thai person or a Thai person from a Japanese person. None is better or worse than the other and we treat people as individuals, but I take exception to it especially within the context of how the Western media uses it to describe groups who really have nothing in common with East Asians.

I do not come from Harrogate. However, Harrogate is a rather ordinary town a little like Plymouth with plenty of middle class people and a fair number of working class people. It is no doubt a largely white town. I actually spent most of my youth in the south of England which is why I always end up in various cities of the south. You do not know my history that well really Beanz, it is far too convoluted to go into really. Nearby in the north of course there are places like Leeds which are of course pretty diverse and Bradford is very close too. The South West really does not have the same levels of diversity. This is just a fact.

My point anyway being that all my adult years were spent in the environs of Manchester and Manchester for as long as I can remember has been a very diverse place. It has Curry mile, it has areas with large black or 'Asian' communities, and of course the local communities. I am not against good, hardworking people, who contribute from migrating, so please put that one to bed. I just think there has been too much. From 18 I was working around all of those areas and did so for a number of years, I know the area like the back of my hand. I would hang out with all kinds of people with all kinds of backgrounds and each person is treated as an individual.