Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Very sad when a boxing legend dies. I remember I was a kid and I worked in the local pub/nightclub that my mate’s Dad ran. Anyway he organised a bus trip to watch the Hagler fight. My mate went with his old Man and the rest of the regulars, so I had to work. After the event I was quite glad I never went.
Firstly because he got battered, and secondly because they were right underneath all the chairs flying around after the fight because it was chaos after he got beat.
Some people won’t like him for this, but didn’t he say “ I ain’t gonna lose to a Black man.” ?
I think that wax the allegation made against him. The scenes were ugly when they threw bottles and cans at Hagler.

Minter did shake Hagler in that fight and I have never seen Marvin hurt like after that when he became champion.
They threw bottles and cans into the ring, but you couldn’t see on the telly the chairs flying around.
And I loved Minter, but come on mate, he never shook Hagler.
I had to go and watch it again after you said that, and it’s your usual bias towards Brits.
Hearns hurt him more in round 1 for definite.
It was in the 2nd round and more of a stumble but seem to get Alan Minter going and be very aggressive.
Mate, he chased after him, missed with everything and got hit with 3 big shots into the bargain.
Thought he won the round.