John Fury explains why he’s the reason Dillian Whyte withdrew from Otto Wallin fight and tells ‘Bodysnatcher’ to ‘be nice’ to son Tyson

John Fury believes Dillian Whyte pulled out of his fight with Otto Wallin after taking his sage advice.

‘The Bodysnatcher’ was set to headline a stacked card at the 02 Arena on October 30 against the Swedish heavyweight contender, yet pulled out with a shoulder injury.

It leaves Whyte, still with the WBC interim heavyweight championship, in pole position to challenge Fury’s son Tyson for his full heavyweight crown.

The ‘Gypsy King’ knocked out Deontay Wilder in October to retain his position as the best heavyweight on the planet, with Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua locked in for a 2022 rematch.

One of the hardest nights of Fury’s career thus far came against Wallin, when he was left requiring 47 stitches surrounding a cut by his left eye.

Although Fury Sr was not present in Las Vegas to witness that tough test in September 2019, he believes his son struggled for a reason and that Wallin would have presented real danger.

“Dillian Whyte has pulled out from Otto Wallin. You know why? He listened to what I said,” he told BT Sport.

“He’s thought ‘hang on a minute. John knows his stuff, I’m not fighting Wallin. I’m going to get turned over probably, I won’t get my title shot then.’

“It takes them to listen to my videos, it’s all on, and then he hears me talking about Wallin – because Wallin is a danger to anybody. You know, and he thought ‘I’m not having that smoke, I’ll wait, I’ll wait.’ Let’s just see what he’s waiting for.”

Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn have both told talkSPORT they expect Whyte vs Fury to be made, but John Fury suggested the Brixton-native should try a different approach to calling out the heavyweight champ if he wants to be next.

“Tyson is in a different league to these heavyweights,” he added. “Different. But if you want to get a payday, be nice to him.

“Say nice things about him and he might just give you a payday. But if you keen being horrible to him, and trying to big yourself up to be this that and the other to make a fight, Tyson will go the other way and give someone else the opportunity.

“Dillian Whyte, be nice to Tyson, start blowing smoke up his you know what and you might get a shot, kid.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...lin-son-tyson/