NEWS FLASH

Augustus rips into Hopkins!
By Jose Reyes
Fan favorite Emanuel Augustus is still stumping for a fight with Demetrius Hopkins on the November 25th "HBO After Dark" show at the Dodge Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. "Homeboy be talking about how I need him and he don't need me. We need each other," stated Augustus. "He ain't fought nobody that's on my caliber. Now he be talking about facing Rogelio Castaneda instead of me! Didn't he just mention that he wants to fight me and prove he's the best at 140? Well then step up to the plate and fight me like you say you will. We need each other to showcase ourselves on HBO. Let's give the fans what they want, which is a good matchup in the 140 pound division. Now about him saying that he beat Michael Warrick and that I lost to him so that proves I am an easy fight, well enjoy that victory. But if he thinks because he got an easy victory with Warrick he will get an easy victory with me, he is terribly mistaken. He doesn't want to fight me but he's got to fight me if he wants to give the Hopkins last name a decent piece of honor coming from him. What would Bernard Hopkins do if he was in Demetrius' shoes? I'll tell you what he would do. He would step up and fight me, but I doubt his nephew has an ounce of his blood and would do the same."
Thursday, November 2 2006
http://www.fightnews.com/

Talk to me people... We've discussed this matter before.... Who should D-Hop fight next..............
Is Augustus a step up?
Wadda' ya think of the fight if it happens?