Q&A: Floyd Mayweather!
April 5, 2006

By Albert Jimenez Howell

http://www.fightnews.com/howell02.htm

Floyd Mayweather 35-0 (24 KOs) is oozing confidence for his welterweight title challenge against IBF champ Zab Judah 34-3 (25 KOs). Fight fans will have an opportunity to see Floyd LIVE in a free fighter work out today in a special ring located in the Roman Plaza at Caesars Palace. Beginning at noon, Mayweather, Judah, WBA lightweight champ Juan Diaz and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will shake out in advance of Saturday's Pay Per View extravaganza. Fightnews.com had a chance to speak to Floyd Tuesday at the Top Rank Gym.

Promoter Bob Arum has commented that in a strange way Zab Judah's loss to Baldomir may make your fight against Zab Saturday night more competitive as Judah's back is now against the wall. What are your thoughts?

What happened between Zab and Baldomir, that is in the past. What happened in the past we leave it in the past. I am looking for the best Zab Judah. I am looking for the Zab Judah that faced Cory Spinks the second time. I am not looking for the Zab Judah that faced Baldomir -- a 40% Zab Judah. I am looking for the Zab Judah that is going to be 100%. I know he is going to bring his A game. And, no matter what he brings this is what I live for. I perform my best when I am faced against a big challenge. I have been here before. I know what it takes.

When asked today about the sparring session between you and Zab here at the Top Rank Gym in which you have said that you got the best of Judah, Zab had no comment.

Before the sparing session Zab was talking big trash, popping off at the mouth. He truly disrespected me calling me "Pretty Girl." Well, an ass-whuppin always humbles you. And, April 8th is going to be a pretty sight for everyone to see.

What is your prediction of the fight?

Saturday night's fight is going to be a helluva fight. It is a fight that the fans and people around the world can not miss. If you can't be there you must watch it on Pay-Per-View. This is a fight that you can not miss and it is a fight that is worth it because you are getting three world championship fights and the best fighter also fighting that night. It is a card that you can not miss!

Do you anticipate another shutout?

I cannot predict what is going to happen. This is what I love. Boxing is my job. I am just appreciative for the position that I am in and while I am here I am going to take advantage."

What does the future hold for the Pound4Pound King?

I already have my place in the Hall of Fame. I just want to keep racking up victories against the best guys they got out there. And, when it is all said and done the world is going to say it that Floyd Mayweather was the best fighter that ever lived.