OK, tonight figures to be a good one. Last Friday's show in Canada is definitely going to be hard for anyone to top but this has promise.

A lot of people are real excited for Bute, and most already have him ranked in the top 10 of the 168 lbers right now. Looking at his resume, he's been fighting guys on the very fringes of the division for a while now and if nothing else, this represents a small step up as Bika is 2 fights removed from consecutive title shots.

Don't know a lot about Bute, but Bika is a very physical fighter especially on the inside. He likes to lead with his head, use his forearms and bang around a bit. He really roughed up Markus Beyer and was really taking control of their fight and had Beyer gassed before that was stopped in between rounds. He gave Calzaghe problems but was outclassed.

So this should be a good litmus for Bute. A lot of credit to him if he wins this one. I think it's interesting, his Romanian-Canadian counterpart Adrian Diaconu came out of absolutely nowhere and blasted out the very good Rico Hoye under the same Friday Night lights in Montreal. Bute doesn't look to have that explosive style of Diaconu but he's seen how fast Adrian's stock has risen since that outing, here's his chance tonight.

On the undercard is the 2004 Canadian Olympian Benoit Gaudet whom many felt was going to do big things in the pros and he was really one of the guys to watch for in those games to do something in the professional ranks, we heard his name a lot. Now he's trying to come back from a KO loss last year in which he which he has already avenged to climb back up the prospect ladder.

Then perennial Valuev challenger Jean Francis Bergeron takes on the heavyweight that has taken on everybody in Robert Hawkins. That has the potential to be boring but who knows.

Also, the fights aren't live tonight. Boxrec has some results posted already that I managed to scroll past fast enough to not see and I'm assuming that Fightnews has those aswell. If everyone could please keep this spoiler free until the show airs in about 20 minutes time I would appreciate it.