At my gym, the head trainer has us use gym-own laceup 18's. I have a pair of Title 16's that my old trainer said were good for bag or sparring. They have a small strap that velcro's and a stretchy sleeve that pulls down over the strap. On of the unofficial trainer (he trains his son and helps out when the head trainer is out) to not ruin them, and he's had me sparring with his son using the Titles. The head trainer said the Titles are too soft - good for the hands, but you can feel the knuckles more and I should use them for the bag. I'm confused. I've gotten three different opinions.

I'm fine using the 18's. I find it a bit hard to land, and they make big shields for blocking. They are pretty damn bulky, though. The obvious advantage is the extra weight helps with conditioning and handspeed. I can see that it might be an advantage to my offense, but I wonder if it could be defense liability down the road getting used to blocking using big ass gloves against other big ass gloves.

I'm just curious what people are using out there and if they've been told different things by different people about the same set of gloves.