Developing speed has long been a problematic area.
Combining weights and movement doesn't really bear fruit, in fact it often results in injury and the depreciation of the muscle tissues that are being targeted.
This was idea traditionally used with the fusion of weights and shadowboxing with them in hand. Bad idea.

However, the logic remains, to increase the fast twitch muscle's size and endurance. This must be done in co-ordination with the commitment of perfect technique to muscle memory, whilst maintaining optimum posture, a good centre line and remaining relaxed.

I feel the best way to approach this is to train the appropriate muscles as a seperate session. Weights may be helpful when done correctly but they will not lend themselves as their very nature differs from that of punching, unless done in very high volumes, very quickly. Natural exertion may be the most beneficial idea.

Following that or perhaps preceeding that another session, the muscles must be taught what their function is. This less exerting stage will be relaxed repetition, ensuring the smooth co-ordination of the skeletal and musclulo systems.

Finally an enormous amount of brain training will be required. If you don't throw when your meant to speed is useless, so the mind must memorise the technique, the timing and the type punch to throw.

This thread is probably useless to you guys, I'm just coming up with ideas for myself....