Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Re: Do you ever doubt God's existence?

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you ever doubt God's existence?

My vacation is almost over so before I go, I thought I should leave some serious thoughts...

This is in re to PSL's post:

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...existance.html

Probably for most people, the issue is not really whether God exists or not but whether they need God or not. Being a long-time spiritual-philosophical person who has been living a semi-hermit life and meditating for decades, I'd say if you're happy and don't believe in God, then fine, no problem for you. It all goes down to this: are you really happy? If you even think about the existence of God, then you're probably not because most people who really don't believe in God usually don't give a hoot and don't even think about it. Problem is that many people have an image of a father figure for God, which I really doubt. I think God has nothing to do with my or your father, who're no different from us, and probably He's someone totally beyond our imagination, at least at our level of development today.

The belief in God or some Supreme Being - and to me names or denominations don't matter (I just don't believe in monopoly of faith, like 'we go to heaven and you go to hell' attitude, which is just too human for me) - has solved the most pervasive problem in meditation I encountered. When you meditate, naturally thoughts starts to hover in your mind and there's nothing you can do about them, at least at the beginning. The problem is when disturbing thoughts starts to take over, which usually does especially when people meditate because they want to get rid of some emotional problem. For years during my early years of practicing meditation, I wasn't able to get rid of those thoughts, no matter what I did or how hard I tried [meditation 101, trying hard is one of the antithesis of meditation, the more you try the more you fail]. So how did I get rid of them? I got rid of them one by one when I started to put my attention on Someone up there, believing that He is in total control and that everything will be absolutely all right, and stopped trying too hard and just started letting them be and eventually letting them go - the 'letting go' principle I've been preaching here. I see all the problem in this world as a sort of thick haze enveloping the world and clouding my view, but I firmly believe beyond the haze is The light clearly shining, day in and day out. I've been using this image during difficult times and it almost always helped.

'I got rid of them one by one when I started to put my attention on Someone up there, believing that He is in total control and that everything will be absolutely all right...'

'...I see all the problem in this world as a sort of thick haze that's enveloping the world and clouding my view, but I firmly believe beyond the haze is The light clearly shining day in and day out.'

Now when I meditate, there are no more disturbing thoughts, at least most ot the time, but when they do come, I just sweep them aside and let them go. And when my mind is clear and pure, I feel only the vast energy within and outside myself and the boundary sometimes disappears almost completely. Someday when I totally master meditation, the boundary will totally and permanently disappear in the final state they call nirvana. That's all meditators' ultimate goal.

***I have a simple words or thought to live by - just a sentence long - for anyone who sometimes gets overwhelmed by problems. Just PM me and I will PM back it to you. No tricks or conditions except that you must be a believer or choose to believe, otherwise it won't work. It's just a simple thought so don't expect a miracle or some voodoo magic, but more like my 'haze' principle above. Why am I not just writing it down here? I just want to know if there is anyone serious about these philosophical things I often write about here. Feel free to ask. I'll be here just for awhile so don't hesistate. And, as I've said before, I'm a pretty nice guy and I certainly don't bite...
    Last edited by pacfan; 01-21-2011 at 02:33 AM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Thread Information