Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Throwing too wide

So yet another question on the elbows.... yesterday trainer was noticing I swung the left arm out too much when throwing jabs on the bag. He pushed in my elbow and told me to throw from there, but it felt almost unnatural. I normally try and keep the elbows in as much as possible, but it felt like he pushed my arm too far in. Am I supposed to have my body that compressed when throwing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Throwing too wide

yeh i get what you mean , it feels better to throw what comes naturally and flows nice, but its probs better to listen to your trainer its likely he knows best and soon enough that'll feel natural . peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Youve probably got a muscle out of line usualy its the trapezius, deltoids, or over large pecks there are streches for it you can do with a broom handle youre going to have to wait . But a good way to put it right is, sit against a wall with your jabbing arms shoulder up to it. Then jab along the wall pushing the shoulder into the wall as you do, and dont let the fist leave the wall. After 1 min youll feel the shoulder, rest and go again spend 5mins on the routine every day. If you do it against a mirror or something smooth all the better. Give it a week and it should solve the problem
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap, thanks for the advice... tried jabbing against the wall a few rounds yesterday. Then went to the heavy bag and was throwing much straighter. Ill keep doing that a few times every day I train.

Thread Information