Thread: "Sugar" Shane Mosley retires!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Sugar" Shane Mosley retires!

Live long and prosper champ.

El Kabong Guest

I's a good choice for Shane, he's been on the slide for quite some time. I would still love for him to fight Berto or Ortiz just because I think the styles match up well. As always you want a guy like Shane to leave on a win, but I guess that's not going to be the case.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And call it a hunch... but something tells me that, unlike a lot of other high-profile fighters... Shane will not even consider a comeback after he's been gone a while. I know he's 40, but there's no shortage of 40-some year old fighters lately, including some that had retired and are trying to come back. Mosley will never make that mistake.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was 18 and hanging around the basketball courts near my house and saw my friend walking home from the bus he took to get to the gym. (he was still going. I was saving bus fare and getting in tons of 'sparring' down at the basketball courts) Kidding around, I asked him if he was the best fighter in the gym yet. He said he was not, that the best boxer in the gym was a 9 year old kid, which made sense, since that 9 year old had been going to the gym to watch his dad train fighters for years. Followed Shane Mosley's career ever since.

El Kabong Guest

The 1 fight that should have been made in their primes was Shane Mosely vs Felix 'Tito' Trinidad....that would have been EPIC

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Shane still lives in Pomona, in the Ganesha Park area. There's a hill in the middle of the park, overlooking the LA County Fairgrounds, real nice homes, and he used to live there. The local 7-11, off the Ganesha exit of the 10 Freeway used to have dozens of autographed pictures.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good choice for Mosley. It could have been a lot worse and he could have gone on a lot longer. I'm glad he is seeing sense. It must be hard to quit something you love so much and admit that you're not what you once were. Respect to him for making the difficult but correct choice

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The 1 fight that should have been made in their primes was Shane Mosely vs Felix 'Tito' Trinidad....that would have been EPIC

Epic indeed. One of those mega-fights that should've been made.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley-Tito is pretty easy to call.

Tito's china-chin never survives a prime Mosley onslaught. Tito hit the deck about a hundred times. Kevin Lueshing, who was "lucky" to win a British title, dumped him on his arse and turned him into bambi on ice.

Mosley shatters Tito all day long. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The same Lueshing that got KTFO'ed in the 3rd round? You're crowing about THAT? Seriously? Were you born that pathetic? Or were you dropped at birth? Or are you just sore because you've never had a fighter that is even 50% the fighter that Trinidad was? Are you aware that Trinidad was knocked down several times during his career, only to get back up and put a KTFO on the opponent's ass? Being the boxing guru that you are... surely you must be aware of that. But why the fuck am I arguing with you again?

On a side note, I noticed a Kirkland Laing among Lueshing's TKO victims. Is that OUR Kirkland Laing? Your loyal and trusted sidekick? How fascinating. I didn't know we had a celebrity in our midst.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Tito's china-chin never survives a prime Mosley onslaught. Tito hit the deck about a hundred times. Kevin Lueshing, who was "lucky" to win a British title, dumped him on his arse and turned him into bambi on ice.

Yori Boy and Mayorga dropped Tito too, but he got up to beat their asses. Its not how many times you get knocked down its how many times you get back up and Tito got up every time except against Bernard Hopkins at 160.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland Laing would have beaten Tito with a spliff in one glove and a can of Special Brew in the other. Fact. Ask Roberto Duran.

Look... I'm just offerring statistical data that Tito has a very slim chance of beating Shane. My argument is based on factual evidence pertaining to Tito's china-chin. It's undeniable that he got knocked over numerous times by fighters far below Shane Mosley's caliber.

The indisputable facts indicate that a man with a chin as weak as Tito's would not survive in the highest level on a consistent basis. This is what the figures are displaying. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can claim "factual evidence" all you want, Fenst. Fact is, you're once again displaying your glaring ignorance about boxing. Tito got knocked down several times during his career, not because of a "china-chin", as you claim... but due to poor balance in many of his early fights. How else to explain how he would immediately get up and kick the shit out of the other fighter?

Please don't just take my word for it, since I know you don't believe anything I say. Just look at Hulk's post below, as he also tries to explain it to you.

Kirkland Laing would have beaten Tito with a spliff in one glove and a can of Special Brew in the other. Fact. Ask Roberto Duran.

Look... I'm just offerring statistical data that Tito has a very slim chance of beating Shane. My argument is based on factual evidence pertaining to Tito's china-chin. It's undeniable that he got knocked over numerous times by fighters far below Shane Mosley's caliber.

The indisputable facts indicate that a man with a chin as weak as Tito's would not survive in the highest level on a consistent basis. This is what the figures are displaying. Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Yori Boy and Mayorga dropped Tito too, but he got up to beat their asses. Its not how many times you get knocked down its how many times you get back up and Tito got up every time except against Bernard Hopkins at 160.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    That's good to hear. Now I hope to hear the same for Roy and Holyfield soon.
    Roy seems determined to die in the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy jones jnr want to be te next Apollo creed
    "if he dies he dies"

Thread Information