Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How often for cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by rsan-chez
    ive been reading that ingesting caffeine before a workout is good for you any thoughts?
    All I know is the diet I'm on (South Beach) says NO CAFFEINE
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    ive been reading that ingesting caffeine before a workout is good for you any thoughts?
    All I know is the diet I'm on (South Beach) says NO CAFFEINE
    im not following any diet plan. other then eating right and portion control w/ about 90 min a day of exercise both lifting and cardio. seems to be working at least for me.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, for me personally, I don't count warm-up time. I start the time after I begin to sweat. You don't start burning fat until that point anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

Also, for me personally, I don't count warm-up time. I start the time after I begin to sweat. You don't start burning fat until that point anyway.
    i think it has more to do w/ your heart rate....in relation to your age & weight/height.....and burning calories...muscle building helps burn calories....

i like reading this mag its great IMO....http://www.menshealth.com/cda/homepage.do?source=rodale

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

i think it has more to do w/ your heart rate....in relation to your age & weight/height.....and burning calories...muscle building helps burn calories....

i like reading this mag its great IMO....http://www.menshealth.com/cda/homepage.do?source=rodale
    CC for the link in 24 hrs. Yeah, heart rate... but I know for me sweat equals nicely accelerated heart. lol

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Depends on intensety its not why but how you do it
    On the Anaerobic days, I go balls to the wall sprint, run, sprint, run, spint run, until I feel like I'm gonna puke (or if i actually do puke)

On the Aerobic days I just casually jog until it's time for me to get ready for work usually about 30-45 minutes,

On the plyometric days I usually do all my exercises to failure (burpees, squat thrusts, side jumps, calf raises, clap-ups, broad jumps)

As far as what I'm training for I don't want to really be a boxer, but I want to look like one!!
    Aerobic training is guna make u good at..........aerobics. It wont help u to lose any more weight. Not after u have shifted 15 pounds. With aerobic training ur body just gets used to working at the same intensity doing the same thing.

Anaerobic training is great, keep upping the intensity and start lifting weights. A good way to look thinner is to put on muscle. More muscle generates an illusion of less fat.

Keep ur plyometrics at a fast pace as wel

Most importantly keep ur diet in tact. Be very strict with what u eat.

Good luck and keep up the good work.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I ahve a question,thought I'd ask it here. I like to go on runs for a few miles,I do go boxing training but only for fun.nothing serious. Anyway,when I am running,I try to include about 5 or 6 uphill sprints,for like an extra burst of energy but I find that I am absolutely exhausted afterwards! Would it be better to jog normally or should I stick with the sprinting?Also,is it better to run thinking of how many miles you have run or how long time wise.?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alternate the intensities and length to keep the body guessing. I would do a minimun of 20 minutes at a high intenisty and a minimum of 45-60 at a lower intenisty. Also alternate the exercise. (Cycling, stairclimbing, running, rowing, swimming, walking.)

I have been taught that the best time to do cardio is upon awaking. Your body has been deprived of nutrients all night and will utilize fat as a fuel sooner.

Thread Information