Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Timothy Bradley appears a done deal for 14th September 2013

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Timothy Bradley appears a done deal for 14th September 20

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Bradley has the heart of a lion.
    Bradley beats marquez and sticks to the boxing.
    Marquez is a legend in the game but hes 40 years old and powder puff bradley will fight alot smarter this time.
    Everyone counts out bradley but he still seems to scrape through and that is what will give him the extra push with marquez.
    This is the first time that @imp and I have agreed. If Bradley can box like he has before, he has a good chance at beating Marquez. Prior to the Provo fight, Marquez's trainer didn't want Marquez to face Bradley because he was worried about the styles match-up. It was only after Bradley slugged it out with Provo that Marquez's team even considered the Bradley fight. If that is the new Bradley, Marquez knocks him out. If Bradley reverts to his old self, he outboxes Marquez.

I hope they have VADA testing for this fight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Timothy Bradley appears a done deal for 14th September 20

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Marquez is a legend in the game but hes 40 years old and powder puff bradley will fight alot smarter this time.
    Everyone counts out bradley but he still seems to scrape through and that is what will give him the extra push with marquez.
    This is the first time that @imp and I have agreed. If Bradley can box like he has before, he has a good chance at beating Marquez. Prior to the Provo fight, Marquez's trainer didn't want Marquez to face Bradley because he was worried about the styles match-up. It was only after Bradley slugged it out with Provo that Marquez's team even considered the Bradley fight. If that is the new Bradley, Marquez knocks him out. If Bradley reverts to his old self, he outboxes Marquez.

Cant agree with you fellas. I think Marquez turns him into a pin cushion. Bradley has never really met a significant counter puncher but he will soon experience it. Timmy is a rinse and repeat fighter and that is a counter punchers wonderland and he walks straight in also. Winner meets Manny I bet.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Cant agree with you fellas. I think Marquez turns him into a pin cushion. Bradley has never really met a significant counter puncher but he will soon experience it. Timmy is a rinse and repeat fighter and that is a counter punchers wonderland and he walks straight in also. Winner meets Manny I bet.
    That definitely is a potential outcome. I just believe Bradley moves aruond the ring better than Marquez does at this weight, and he'll pot shot and move out of the way. He'll fight a fight somewhat comparable to his fight against Devon Alexander.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

marquez knows how to beat manny.

He doesnt know how to beat bradley..no one does.

Whether its the massive head, ripped physique, great heart or annoying weak punches (he did have prov hurt) bradley keeps finding a way to win.

I know bradley isnt a fan fav, but he certainly is a great all rounder that isnt great in any areas but the heart.

And as for manny pac he needs to earn a rematch against bradley or marquez again so hopefully he is successful against whatever weak ass opponent bob might throw against him so he looks super again. (Clotty 2?)
    Last edited by imp; 04-19-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

marquez knows how to beat manny.

He doesnt know how to beat bradley..no one does.

Whether its the massive head, ripped physique, great heart or annoying weak punches (he did have prov hurt) bradley keeps finding a way to win.

I know bradley isnt a fan fav, but he certainly is a great all rounder that isnt great in any areas but the heart.

And as for manny pac he needs to earn a rematch against bradley or marquez again so hopefully he is successful against whatever weak ass opponent bob might throw against him so he looks super again. (Clotty 2?)
    Pacquiao beat him. Prov has a strong case he did as well. Marquez won't leave any doubt

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres no way marquez beats bradley. But i cant wait to see that fight.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres no way marquez beats bradley. But i cant wait to see that fight.
    There's no way Bradley beats Marquez . Then again Bradley never really beat Manny, and yet he did. Except he didn't.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After seeing Bradley take that beating last fight and still winning I don't think this is cut and dry for old man jmm. Can jm handle all those damn punch Bradley will throw. I seriously doubt juan can hurt Bradley as Bradley has a titanium head and face. THis should be a interesting fight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will be an interesting fight. I think the fact that Bradley doesn't throw bombs will actually help him in this fight as Marquez won't be able to catch him with an instant game changer as he's transferring all of his weight. Bradley's got a good chin, recovers well and has the youth and incredible physicality/conditioning to pressure Marquez all night but I think that once Marquez starts timing him mid rounds and pushes him back with those savage uppercuts and straight rights Timmy's gonna get on his bike. Don't see the standard early Marquez knockdown happening either as Bradley doesn't have the power or craziness to trade with this guy more then a few times.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight will be interesting at various levels. JMM is a legend and has great skills to outbox Bradley. Tim has the pedigree, youth, determination and fitness to change the nature of the fight if he is getting out boxed. I hope the fight gets made.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the first time that @imp and I have agreed. If Bradley can box like he has before, he has a good chance at beating Marquez. Prior to the Provo fight, Marquez's trainer didn't want Marquez to face Bradley because he was worried about the styles match-up. It was only after Bradley
    slugged it out with Provo that Marquez's team even considered the Bradley fight. If that is the new Bradley, Marquez knocks him out. If Bradley reverts to his old self, he outboxes Marquez.

I just can't see that at all. When in the world has Bradley ever boxed on a consitent level and not loaded up forcing the issue. I think his old self is trying to slug and he's never come close to trying to box with a guy of Marquez caliber. His head will be popping high as he gets his right off and it might as well have a bullseye on it with a sharpshooter like Jmm. I was defending Bradley when he was still on the milk carton in his own neighborhood but he's always has that identity crisis of style. I don't put alot in weight, Provo had never been at welter either. The bull in the China shop is Bradley mind and body too, he may have a 'w' off Provo but he was literally concussed at least five times.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is the first time that @imp and I have agreed. If Bradley can box like he has before, he has a good chance at beating Marquez. Prior to the Provo fight, Marquez's trainer didn't want Marquez to face Bradley because he was worried about the styles match-up. It was only after Bradley
    slugged it out with Provo that Marquez's team even considered the Bradley fight. If that is the new Bradley, Marquez knocks him out. If Bradley reverts to his old self, he outboxes Marquez.

I just can't see that at all. When in the world has Bradley ever boxed on a consitent level and not loaded up forcing the issue. I think his old self is trying to slug and he's never come close to trying to box with a guy of Marquez caliber. His head will be popping high as he gets his right off and it might as well have a bullseye on it with a sharpshooter like Jmm. I was defending Bradley when he was still on the milk carton in his own neighborhood but he's always has that identity crisis of style. I don't put alot in weight, Provo had never been at welter either. The bull in the China shop is Bradley mind and body too, he may have a 'w' off Provo but he was literally concussed at least five times.
    The only time he hasn't fought at that level was against Provodnikov. He fought well against Pacquiao. He outboxed Devon Alexander, Kendall Holt, Edner Cherry Miguel Vasquez and Junior Winter, when they were all, at or near their primes. From the opposite perspective, take Pacquiao out of the equation and who was the last elite fighter Marquez has beat? If you really think about it, Marquez has lost to Mayweather, lost to Pacquiao, and lost to John, all among the best fighters he's faced. Now you could argue that the Pacquiao and John fights were close, in loss or victory, depending on how you look at it, but still, the fact is he hasn't clearly beat someone elite, not named Pacquiao, in many, many years. Just look at the list of fighters Marquez has faced over the last four years, Likar Ramos (who?), Serhiy Fedchenko (who?), Michael Kastidis and Juan Diaz.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 04-20-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

The only time he hasn't fought at that level was against Provodnikov. He fought well against Pacquiao. He outboxed Devon Alexander, Kendall Holt, Edner Cherry Miguel Vasquez and Junior Winter, when they were all, at or near their primes. From the opposite perspective, take Pacquiao out of the equation and who was the last elite fighter Marquez has beat? If you really think about it, Marquez has lost to Mayweather, lost to Pacquiao, and lost to John, all among the best fighters he's faced. Now you could argue that the Pacquiao and John fights were close, in loss or victory, depending on how you look at it, but still, the fact is he hasn't clearly beat someone elite, not named Pacquiao, in many, many years. Just look at the list of fighters Marquez has faced over the last four years, Likar Ramos (who?), Serhiy Fedchenko (who?), Michael Kastidis and Juan Diaz.
    If anything I say Marquez has gotten better while Bradley has pretty much remained the same, I mean just because the names the same doesn't exclude Marquez remaining and winning on the elite level does it Jumping lightweight to face a Floyd who was probally 150 isn't too shabby. He and Manny have been mixed up in 4 fights over three weight classes and I very much think he took the last two...in two completely different styles while at it. Likar and Fedchenko were while waiting foe the next big fight. I love me some Bradley but Junior Witter...nah. What happened in the Alexander fight should have included football helmuts. Dude, that was a seriously fugly 'thing'. He didn't outbox a Witter or Holt so much as outbusy them late one. Bradley thing is hustle, shoeshine and determined activity. Holt counterboxed him very well and almost decapitated Tim who played tuff guy in the beginning, again, and walked into clean left hooks. He did very well with Peterson but he did gas a bit as has been known to happen to him. I'm glad the fight is made but I have just always seen Bradley with two personalities in the ring, he gets stuck. Marquez will sniff that out big time.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-21-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Thread Information