Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Have reversed my Canelo-Win Prediction after watching Mosley-Canelo

I don't think Canelo has had too many fights; Chavez had had 44 or 45 by age 20, and he didn't burn out for quite some time. My good friend- with impeccable boxing credentials- thinks that Mayweather will out box Alvarez, because Alvarez makes you miss but waits, doesn't counter. We haven't really talked much about it because he also picked Maidana to stop Josesito Lopez and I quit speaking to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whens the last time anyone watched a Shane Mosely fight where they didn't fall asleep? He fought 2 rounds against Floyd. Got on his bicycle one Manny planted his ass, and he was on his bike against Canelo. Canelo is still developing guys. Come on. He's 22. There's still things we haven't seen from him yet. I'm not saying that Canelo will win, but I do see him putting in a solid performance. But I think Floyd knows exactly what he's getting into. That's the only reason he took this fight. He wasn't sure what the outcome against Manny would be 3 years ago and that's why he bitched up. But someone on this thread is saying Floyd will go right at Canelo? That's laughable. Floyd actually taking a risk? No...again...history shows floyd bitches up when presented with a risk. Canelo has a very small chance of winning. The thing that makes him so dangerous in this fight is that he literally has NOTHING to lose. He loses no credibility if Floyd beats him, and becomes a Boxing God at 22 if he somehow pulls this off.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez has good numbers but lacks substantive depth. Not rounds I mean really, when's he been pushed around and faced substantial adversity. Gomez? Cottos brother? Trout, where he basically built a lead and coasted down stretch. He hasnt had too many fights, he has had way too much one way traffic. Hes going from a Sunday parklane stroll to Formula 1 with Floyd. Yeh, I respect the win but that was his moment to smash in the front door and press advantage against first decent, fresh boxer. You think he's going to have the luxury to wait and turn defensive boxer with a Mayweather A sharp jab will be bouncing off that big ol red melon and he'll need to have aggressive answers, often!

Thread Information