Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's be serious now- Pac-man is going to DESTROY Rios!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Let's be serious now- Pac-man is going to DESTROY Rios!

I don't think Pacquiao will disappoint. He's fighting a guy who is coming to kill him, face on. I honestly can't see how Manny would enter into a fight like that without regaining some form of desire to succeed.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, Pacquiao is going to destroy Rios. A warrior like Pacquiao won't be gunshy against a relatively easier target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think pac is still haunted by that jmm KO. pac will be a bit gun shy cause he will be too cautious to get hit. if rios manages to land a good punch and if pac does not get hurt. then pac will kill rios. but if pac gets hurt he wont be as active as the old pac. its gonna be like pac bradley all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac will win this by ko. Rios throws so frikkin wide...Pac will just come up the middle and kill him. I don't think Pac has anything to be spooked about as far as the JMM knockout. Luck Punch by JMM...I don't think he was even looking where he was throwing that punch. After JMM whined and moaned to get a 3rd and 4th fight (which manny didn't have to give him) now he's gone suprisingly silent on a 5th fight after landing a lucky punch. Makes you think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight should help us understand where Pacquiao is at physically and mentally. I see Pac out speeding Rios, But Pac could have some problems with the Rios uppercuts.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    Pac will win this by ko. Rios throws so frikkin wide...Pac will just come up the middle and kill him. I don't think Pac has anything to be spooked about as far as the JMM knockout. Luck Punch by JMM...I don't think he was even looking where he was throwing that punch. After JMM whined and moaned to get a 3rd and 4th fight (which manny didn't have to give him) now he's gone suprisingly silent on a 5th fight after landing a lucky punch. Makes you think.
    Out of all the bullshit continuously spread about that fight that stinks the worst. It over 40 years of following the sport I have quite possibly never heard anything so ridiculous. I'll go even further. Anybody who believes that punch was lucky is following the wrong sport and probably does not know the difference between a jab and a hook.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Out of all the bullshit continuously spread about that fight that stinks the worst. It over 40 years of following the sport I have quite possibly never heard anything so ridiculous. I'll go even further. Anybody who believes that punch was lucky is following the wrong sport and probably does not know the difference between a jab and a hook.
    Agreed, While Pac was on the way of sending Marquez out.........Marquez had a lot of practice throwing that same counter right.......
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac and his people approached both Bradley and Alvarado about fighting but both chose others. This matchup did make me scratch my head but it wasn't Pacs first choice either. I really don't see that knockout affecting Pacs style. He has been boxing his entire life and it is not like he didn't know a KO was possible. I, like others here, think Pac will win but this is Rios moment, he is going to go balls to the wall for this. It probably won't be a walk in the park for Manny.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Pacquiao is shot. And Marquez is the one who shot him.
    If memory serves correct, Marquez didn't shoot him, he sledgehammered him.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    @IamInuit - This is about as true a statement as anyone has made on here in a long time. 3 fights of practice he had at landing that overhead right. The punch was timed perfectly.

As for the bullshit about not giving a 5th fight, what is the point? Marquez has beaten him and been robbed on numerous occasions. Also, when did Pacquiao ever give Marquez and immediate rematch?

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bascially, JMM whined and moaned to fight on until he won... his strength and conditioning coach had more to do with that win than anyone else.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Total mismatch. Unless Pac has REALLY gone downhill since the KO, this should be a massacre.

People compare it to Margarito, but in reality Marg was a legit light middleweight. Brandon is a light welterweight. I don't think he'll have the bulk to stand up to Pac's onslaught.
    Rios won't get out of the way of the punches. I think it's clear Marquez added some power to his pop from his "special" trainer.

Pac destroys this kid. As you said, unless he has gone waaaayyyy downhill, Rios doesn't have the power nor the speed to hit Pac, neither does he have the speed or skill to get out of the way.

We need to put that Marquez "win" into context- up until that point, Pac was dominating the fight. He got hit with a good shot.

If you and I fought 4 times, better believe- if I have the passion and pride as Mexican fighters do, like Marquez does- then I would win, at least, one of them. Marquez won that night- but Pac still owns the series.
    There is a question mark hanging over every single one of Pac's decisions, you can't really argue with a knockout and I'd take a questionable draw, two robberies and a KO win any day.

You better believe that the only reason Pac was winning the 4th fight on the cards was because Marquez's gameplan wasn't to win the fight on points and get KO'd again, it was to hang tough, plant his feet and take it away from any corrupt officials.

You're right, he worked on strength and power in training because that was what complimented the gameplan, any accusations coming from Pac fanboys about PEDs are as ironic as they are hypocritical.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well true, as we knew him, but roy was supposed to destroy glen johnson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PAC is setting up the venue for his last chapter in the sport, Asia. He will bust up Rios for the majority of the fight until either Rios' corner stops it or the doc. Rios is a warrior, but he needs a guy to stand and trade. Any movement will just frustrate him to death, and Manny's accuracy will be the deciding factor. Rios doesn't win one round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL at the people who said Marquez landed a lucky punch.

Watch :35-:38.

As you can see, Marquez landed a counter almost EXACTLY like the one he landed on Pacquiao.
    Last edited by VG_Addict; 08-20-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Thread Information