Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: David price..is he still a contender?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David price..is he still a contender?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    What on earth doe Henry Cooper and Mohammed Ali have to do with Steve Cunningham and Tyson Fury ?

While certainly not the greatest, Ali was at times a sublime boxer something neither Fury or Cunningham can ever lay claim to. Even a clearly limited Henry Cooper was on another scale completely compared to the shocking lack of boxing prowess demonstrated by Fury. Cunningham is not the first and will not be the last to put Fury on his backside but you are digressing. The thread is about Price and yes Price has been knocked down but he has far more power than Fury and had the balls to test himself against a proven genuine heavyweight like Thompson twice. Fury continues to pussy foot around and gob off whilst facing nobodies like Abel and his deluded fans lap it up. He is a dirty fighter who has to rely on cheating to make up for his puny weight to power ratio. If Cooper had hit him he would not be getting back up and if Price ever hit him he would disintegrate. He has not improved or moved on at all, the guy is a joke and people think that is entertaining ?
    As if Cooper could even reach Fury's chin and as if Henry Cooper could pop as hard as fucking Cunningham! What rot!

Yeah the first time Price faced a high quality opponent he got pasted twice!

Fury TRIED to face a top tier HW remember and the mother fucker pulled out with a lacerated eye! Not his fault is it!

Fury calls out everybody! Even Klitschko! Can you imagine David Price calling out Klitschko or Haye? Ha! It would not even be worth the response!

for what its worth i dont really agree with either of your opinions

david haye was the first top HW fury was going to face and IMO its fortunate for fury that haye pulled out, in fact the result of the whole thing was the best fury could have hoped for and is the only way fury could have come out looking good from it, i really dont think the fight would have lasted more than a couple of rounds

i do rate chisora as a top HW by todays standards and fury has beaten him which looks like his best win, im not sure you can take that much from that fight tho
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    What on earth doe Henry Cooper and Mohammed Ali have to do with Steve Cunningham and Tyson Fury ?

While certainly not the greatest, Ali was at times a sublime boxer something neither Fury or Cunningham can ever lay claim to. Even a clearly limited Henry Cooper was on another scale completely compared to the shocking lack of boxing prowess demonstrated by Fury. Cunningham is not the first and will not be the last to put Fury on his backside but you are digressing. The thread is about Price and yes Price has been knocked down but he has far more power than Fury and had the balls to test himself against a proven genuine heavyweight like Thompson twice. Fury continues to pussy foot around and gob off whilst facing nobodies like Abel and his deluded fans lap it up. He is a dirty fighter who has to rely on cheating to make up for his puny weight to power ratio. If Cooper had hit him he would not be getting back up and if Price ever hit him he would disintegrate. He has not improved or moved on at all, the guy is a joke and people think that is entertaining ?
    As if Cooper could even reach Fury's chin and as if Henry Cooper could pop as hard as fucking Cunningham! What rot!

Fury TRIED to face a top tier HW remember and the mother fucker pulled out with a lacerated eye! Not his fault is it!

Fury calls out everybody! Even Klitschko! Can you imagine David Price calling out Klitschko or Haye? Ha! It would not even be worth the response!

david haye was the first top HW fury was going to face and IMO its fortunate for fury that haye pulled out, in fact the result of the whole thing was the best fury could have hoped for and is the only way fury could have come out looking good from it, i really dont think the fight would have lasted more than a couple of rounds

i do rate chisora as a top HW by todays standards and fury has beaten him which looks like his best win, im not sure you can take that much from that fight tho
    Well actually eric I completely agree with Fury vs Haye, it would have been his ending as well but still lol
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well actually eric I completely agree with Fury vs Haye, it would have been his ending as well but still lol
    i dont understand that sentence

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand that sentence
    don't .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price has always been can we say fragile, he is a very big HW, long reach good boxing skills
    but that chin is not the best, but theses guys are big and any punch off one of theses guys would
    put any member of the public in la la land.
    It may seem harsh how we judge fighters, but in reality they are not Joe public but a different
    breed, David Price has hit his level I feel and it is way short of World level,

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Price has always been can we say fragile, he is a very big HW, long reach good boxing skills
    but that chin is not the best, but theses guys are big and any punch off one of theses guys would
    It may seem harsh how we judge fighters, but in reality they are not Joe public but a different
    Hopefully he proves us all wrong..

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Hopefully he proves us all wrong..
    Hopefully he does,! but what I've seen he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights, when he's hit,
    and he looks way out of his comfort zone.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the faults Price has , he brings big ko power and a fragile chin , that is a recipe for excitement.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    All the faults Price has , he brings big ko power and a fragile chin , that is a recipe for excitement.
    Maybe but you need heart and guts as well.

Heart and guts is an essential for an exciting fighter and in the Thompson rematch he was very lacking.

His fight with Pala he showed a glimpse of it. He needs more small tests like that, like he did initially rather than being fed old british level journeymen. He needed rough fighters with ambition that could push him in to a bit of a scrap.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eric;

I mean I agree with you that Haye would have obliterated Fury.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eric;

Really?

He struggled with an old Ruiz, took 3 rounds to throw about three punches against Harrsion, looked pants against Valuev and Klitschko, got dropped by Barret.

Haye knows which side of his bread is buttered and getting beaten up in sparring regardless of the tiny highlight real they released he knew he was in for a very rough night against the most live opponent other than Klitschko he had faced.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    eric;

Really?

He struggled with an old Ruiz, took 3 rounds to throw about three punches against Harrsion, looked pants against Valuev and Klitschko, got dropped by Barret.

Haye knows which side of his bread is buttered and getting beaten up in sparring regardless of the tiny highlight real they released he knew he was in for a very rough night against the most live opponent other than Klitschko he had faced.
    Yeah man really this time. No doubt about it whatsoever.

David Haye is an excellent boxer. If Adamek can handle Arreola image what Haye could do. Arreola has chin on Haye, that's it. And maybe a bit of power and stamina (maybe).

The skills and speed combined with Haye's definite punching power and elusiveness is a pretty overwhelming combination for any opponent but the very upper echelons of the modern eras.

He would clown Fury and knock him out.
    He would annihilate anybody pre 80's
    He'd be undoubtedly beaten imo only by guys like Lewis, Bowe, both Klitschko's and Mike Tyson.

You would lose money would you bet otherwise. Haye's mouth before the Klit fight was not completely unfounded.

If someone put a gun to your head and said pick the winner or you'd be shot, you would not put your money on Fury. He's decent but he is an oaf compared with Haye.

Another way to look at your examples is that Haye stepped up to the HW rank, he is a natural cruiser. In this HW era he is expected to fight massive opponents compared to his natural weight. And he's pulled through with all of them bar Klitschko which is nothing to be ashamed of. He even KO's them!

Compare Holyfield, struggling with fossils, got KD's by Cooper, finally fought Riddick Bowe, the then equivalent of Klit and got beaten too! I see no real difference there. Except Haye wasted some opponents and they were massive (even Ruiz was highly experienced and not exactly small! Plus he was reknowned awkward fighter).
    Last edited by Max Power; 04-16-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eric;

Really?

David Haye is an excellent boxer. If Adamek can handle Arreola image what Haye could do. Arreola has chin on Haye, that's it. And maybe a bit of power and stamina (maybe).

The skills and speed combined with Haye's definite punching power and elusiveness is a pretty overwhelming combination for any opponent but the very upper echelons of the modern eras.

He'd be undoubtedly beaten imo only by guys like Lewis, Bowe, both Klitschko's and Mike Tyson.

You would lose money would you bet otherwise. Haye's mouth before the Klit fight was not completely unfounded.

If someone put a gun to your head and said pick the winner or you'd be shot, you would not put your money on Fury. He's decent but he is an oaf compared with Haye.

Another way to look at your examples is that Haye stepped up to the HW rank, he is a natural cruiser. In this HW era he is expected to fight massive opponents compared to his natural weight. And he's pulled through with all of them bar Klitschko which is nothing to be ashamed of. He even KO's them!

Compare Holyfield, struggling with fossils, got KD's by Cooper, finally fought Riddick Bowe, the then equivalent of Klit and got beaten too! I see no real difference there. Except Haye wasted some opponents and they were massive (even Ruiz was highly experienced and not exactly small! Plus he was reknowned awkward fighter).
    I stopped reading when you said hed anhialate anyone pre 80's.

He couldnt anhialate an old, retired 198lb Thompson who wasnt known for having a great defence or chin.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eric;

Really?

I stopped reading when you said hed anhialate anyone pre 80's.

He couldnt anhialate an old, retired 198lb Thompson who wasnt known for having a great defence or chin.
    @ross even tho @Max Power is clearly being a bit excitable on hayes credentials, almost to the point where it seems like a bit of a piss take, i dont think you would be daft enough not to realise the learning process a boxer goes through

on the subject of fury v haye, i have been watching boxing for many years and see myself as objective as they come and as much of a realist as they come, perhaps some would disagree

fury would have had a chance against haye theres no doubt about it, anything can happen in a boxing ring, and fury definately has the size, but i think haye KOing fury was pretty much a sure thing tho

i think you could have replayed a fight between haye and fury 100 times at the time they were due to fight and i think fury would win less than 10, more likely less than 5 times

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't wish to bad outcome for any fighter. Price was KO'd twice by Thompson, that's not good, he just doesn't have the chin to ride with the heavyweights, nor the ability to protect his chin.
    The rest of the heavyweight division knows he doesn't have a good chin, everyone is going to be trying to knock him out. That's the way the heavyweight division is, if you don't have a chin you're not going to make it in the heavyweights. There is no hate or malice in this post, Price can hang on as long as he can and make some money but he will never hold a major belt.
    He is no Wald and would we want another one if he was?
    Last edited by beenKOed; 04-16-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Thread Information