Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Algiergi

Speaking of HBO, just saw Rigos next fight was reduced to Unimas channel ffs

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pac-khan makes more sense

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Other than Mrs. Algieri.... has anyone ever seen this guy before??

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Pathetic
    Think everyone is getting annoyed that the bes fighters are not fighting one another but second rate fighters charging PPV prices. Joke called boxing.

I've been questioning why I still watch this sport. Algiergi hasn't even proven himself to be one of the best at 140. He simply beat Ruslan who didn't prove he was one of the best at 140. Ruslan simply beat Alvarado who didn't prove he was one of the best at 140. Alvarado simply beat Rios who didn't prove he was one of thhe best at 140, he just ran there because he didn't want to train hard and got schooled at 135.

But bring on Pac, one of the best fighters in the sport. Now Pac, who is supposedly considering going to 140, will make this unproven Jr. Welter move to Welter.

Understand I'm not solely judging Pac when I say again, pathetic. Not disappointing, not a let down, utterly pathetic

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac isn't what he used to be.
    I'm not sure if it's because he's old.
    I'm not sure if it's because he stopped using PEDs.

I give Chris a decent chance in this fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for how hard of a time people give floyd for cherry picking fights, pac has been a million times worse over the last 2 years. floyd has mostly picked solid fights while pac has picked ridiculous fights that nobody cares about. there is no way that someone at pac's level and status should be wasting his time with somebody like algeri. go big or go home. pac is honestly becoming more and more irrelevant to me. he is moving down the chain on who i even care about watching.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrible matchup. I like Algieri a lot, but he doesn't deserve a super fight yet. Pac should be finishing his career with name opponents, not people who were on FNF just a couple of fights ago. Shame on Bob Arum. As usual.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Terrible matchup. I like Algieri a lot, but he doesn't deserve a super fight yet. Pac should be finishing his career with name opponents, not people who were on FNF just a couple of fights ago. Shame on Bob Arum. As usual.
    That means three consecutive light hitting opponents after being KTFO in devastating fashion . Guess this is all smoke and mirrors , Pac and Arum no longer have the balls to fight an opponent that can exact a KO on him. Pac needs to be removed from top 10 P4P opponent list with this grand cherry picking fake belt title set up. This cherry picking is now super extreme !! Pac has no business being gifted a Mayweather fight based on fighting feather fisted opponents.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    That means three consecutive light hitting opponents after being KTFO in devastating fashion . Guess this is all smoke and mirrors , Pac and Arum no longer have the balls to fight an opponent that can exact a KO on him. Pac needs to be removed from top 10 P4P opponent list with this grand cherry picking fake belt title set up. This cherry picking is now super extreme !! Pac has no business being gifted a Mayweather fight based on fighting feather fisted opponents.
    Rios isn't light hitting. Not a true welter or a great boxer either, but he can punch.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Rios isn't light hitting. Not a true welter or a great boxer either, but he can punch.
    He is not a power puncher , flat footed, unskilled, slow , defenseless and brainless ..... = Paquiaio Prey

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad thing is this will definitely ppv.. Armum will not be putting his most familiar name. Pac could fight Butterbean and it will still be ppv. One thing that has left me baffled is when Floyd Senior made the comment that Floyd's would have no problem beating Pac at this point. Why run your mouth about such things if there remains 0 chance if it's happening. I would rather see Pac fight Prod only because Roach has been running his mouth again. I would hold of on my disgust hoping that we are do for a surprise over Pacs next fight. I'm one of those pactards always hoping for a great fight to be announced. Prod then Floyd, how's that for dreaming.
    Last edited by walrus; 07-11-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Sad thing is this will definitely ppv.. Armum will not be putting his most familiar name. Pac could fight Butterbean and it will still be ppv. One thing that has left me baffled is when Floyd Senior made the comment that Floyd's would have no problem beating Pac at this point. Why run your mouth about such things if there remains 0 chance if it's happening. I would rather see Pac fight Prod only because Roach has been running his mouth again. I would hold of on my disgust hoping that we are do for a surprise over Pacs next fight. I'm one of those pactards always hoping for a great fight to be announced. Prod then Floyd, how's that for dreaming.
    How is Prod a good match ? The guy is one dimensional and can not hang with boxers . Looking at Pacs last two fights he is not going to mix it up and will dominate and box the ears off Prod. Why no mention of the two younger Thurman or Porter ? Never in his career has Pac fought a really good undefeated young fighter in his prime !!
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 07-11-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think this will be closer than most expect, but Manny gets the edge.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While Pac SHOULD win...at this stage of his career nothing is certain. He clearly isn't the same fighter he used to be. Algiergi is no Marquez. But he is a skilled fighter with good heart. Certainly better "big" names for Pac to fight. But i think some of you are overselling this version of Pac. He hasn't
    "destroyed" anyone in quite a while. His speed and power have clearly diminished compared to years ago.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac has just beaten the 2nd best welterweight Tim Bradley and he should be fighting the number 1.

What is wrong with boxing?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information