Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which three fighters would you like to see Golovkin face?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which three fighters would you like to see Golovkin face?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Floyd, Cotto, Canelo.
    GG's fought enough smaller guys.

He won his vacant title against a washed up Jr MW.

Time for old dude to step up and "challenge himself".

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Floyd, Cotto, Canelo.

You know you very much remind the rest of Saddo's of FinitoElDinamita a racist prick who was banned and also didn't like GGG.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I would like to see him fight Cotto, Quiilin and then Ward. I think Andre has the best chance to beat him, and I would make Ward the favorite in that fight. Froch would be a suitable replacement for Quillin, and I think Froch would give GGG trouble and make him look human. GGG is a 154 fighter who fights a weight class up because he is that damn good. His punches won't have the same effect against bigger men like Froch, Ward and even Chavez jr.

If I was GGG's manager I would push hard for a fight at 154 vs Canelo, then Cotto at 160, make a couple of defenses n then vs Ward is a mega fight. I think Ward wins that one though, as he is the larger man and is very versatile n fast. Interesting to see how he takes GGG's punch m if GGG can carry his punch up with him.
    If he can land a big punch!
    Defensively Ward is superior to everyone he has fought so far. I don't see this fight ever happening, there are easier money fights out there, Ward is too big, and GGG is there to be hit. I think Ward would be a stupid move.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Floyd, Cotto, Canelo.

You know you very much remind the rest of Saddo's of FinitoElDinamita a racist prick who was banned and also didn't like GGG.
    If it's racist to not like GG then it must be the same to not like Mayweather.

At least Floyd takes chances.

GG's camp shut that "well fight anybody from 154 to 168" shit down real quit..

Andre Ward single-handedly turned that noise off.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I would like to see him fight Cotto, Quiilin and then Ward. I think Andre has the best chance to beat him, and I would make Ward the favorite in that fight. Froch would be a suitable replacement for Quillin, and I think Froch would give GGG trouble and make him look human. GGG is a 154 fighter who fights a weight class up because he is that damn good. His punches won't have the same effect against bigger men like Froch, Ward and even Chavez jr.

If I was GGG's manager I would push hard for a fight at 154 vs Canelo, then Cotto at 160, make a couple of defenses n then vs Ward is a mega fight. I think Ward wins that one though, as he is the larger man and is very versatile n fast. Interesting to see how he takes GGG's punch m if GGG can carry his punch up with him.
    Defensively Ward is superior to everyone he has fought so far. I don't see this fight ever happening, there are easier money fights out there, Ward is too big, and GGG is there to be hit. I think Ward would be a stupid move.
    People want Mayweather to fight GG....so why is it so stupid for GG to fight Ward?

Top fighters from America are constantly berated and chided for "not taking risks"......those standards should apply across the board and across the world.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People want Mayweather to fight GG....so why is it so stupid for GG to fight Ward?

Top fighters from America are constantly berated and chided for "not taking risks"......those standards should apply across the board and across the world.
    It's not crazy to want to see GGG in against Ward or Froch or Junior - all guys at 168 or above. I don't put down guys for not wanting to move up in weight class. For example, it would have been great for Floyd to jump up to 160 to challenge Sergio like Cotto did, but I don't knock him for not doing it. It can improve legacy but it doesn't detract from legacy. won't knock GGG for not moving up to face the guys at 168.

It's also not crazy to want to see him in against the best of the division that's he's currently in including Cotto or Kid Chocolate, or the division below him, including Mayweather or Canelo.

That's why for me I'd like to see him in with all of the above. How hype would a Cotto-GGG fight be at MSG?

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ElFinito was banned? When did this happen?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

It's not crazy to want to see GGG in against Ward or Froch or Junior - all guys at 168 or above. I don't put down guys for not wanting to move up in weight class. For example, it would have been great for Floyd to jump up to 160 to challenge Sergio like Cotto did, but I don't knock him for not doing it. It can improve legacy but it doesn't detract from legacy. won't knock GGG for not moving up to face the guys at 168.

It's also not crazy to want to see him in against the best of the division that's he's currently in including Cotto or Kid Chocolate, or the division below him, including Mayweather or Canelo.

That's why for me I'd like to see him in with all of the above. How hype would a Cotto-GGG fight be at MSG?
    Floyd already has a legacy..

GG does not...and doesn't seem interested in getting one.

I'd like to see Golovkin held to the same standards that Floyd and others are held too.

The bar is held low for GG considering he's supposed to be a p4p fighter.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you mean top fighters from America? There are only 3 and one of them is pretty much retired and the other 2 will be retired soon. I think there is maybe 2 or 3 Americans in the top 20 fighters in the world so its not like you are riddled with talent

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't think anyone beats him at or below 160 pounds, to the point where I don't even care to see it. Cotto and Floyd won't go anywhere near him. Honestly liked the idea of his fighting Chavez Jr for a first opponent at 168, just to tell us how he handles the weight/brings his power up etc, and to see Jr get beat up of course Bika would also be a good way to break into the division. After that absolutely Froch and Ward are the superfights for me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

What do you mean top fighters from America? There are only 3 and one of them is pretty much retired and the other 2 will be retired soon. I think there is maybe 2 or 3 Americans in the top 20 fighters in the world so its not like you are riddled with talent
    If America isn't riddled with talent then nobody is.

You Brits sure as hell don't have anything.

At least our prospects are YOUNG.

You're jocking a 32 y/o 8 year pro like he was a kid of 22...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I just don't think anyone beats him at or below 160 pounds, to the point where I don't even care to see it. Cotto and Floyd won't go anywhere near him. Honestly liked the idea of his fighting Chavez Jr for a first opponent at 168, just to tell us how he handles the weight/brings his power up etc, and to see Jr get beat up of course Bika would also be a good way to break into the division. After that absolutely Froch and Ward are the superfights for me.
    Why should Floyd go near GG??

Mayweather is a WW.

A better question would be why won't GG go near Andre Ward.

Floyd has moved up from 130 to 154 pounds....winning titles along the way...and you make him out to be a coward.

GG on the other hand..

Is hailed as this beat yet hasn't moved up once and isn't interested in doing so.

You GG fans have to stop calling Floyd.....or anybody....a coward.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Golovkin held to the same standards that Floyd and others are held too.

If you are comparing GGG to Floyd, that's ridiculous from the get go. Floyd is an established great. GGG is only recently on HBO. Floyd's a PPV star and has held the p4p title for literally years. GGG just made the list, if he's even on it. If you are upset that people are anointing him the next great thing until he's proven it, I understand that to an extent (remember Broner?). Proksa, Macklin, Geale, Stevens, Adama are good quality wins over top ten opponents, but there's no one who is great on that list. At the same time, he's just now turning into a burgeoning star. He's not on PPV. He's not making Canelo, Cotto, Mayweather money.

He should want to establish a legacy and he's doing it now by cleaning out the division and knocking people out in spectacular fashion. That's exactly how to establish a legacy, as is becoming the lineal middleweight champion, the "man" in the division. When I analyze legacy, I always look at if the guy was the "man" in the division.

I think we should hold him to the same standards as we hold other comparable fighters. For example, Ward has cleaned out the division and I have called on Ward to move up to face Hopkins, Stevenson and Kovalev because there is no one else in the super middleweight division for him to face. He's literally beat everyone.

Without wins over Cotto and Kid Choc., and to a lesser extent, Soliman, however, GGG can't be said to have cleaned out the division. Cotto is the lineal middleweight champion and Kid Chocolate and Solimon are other belt holders in it. @cyclone - is your point that you think GGG beats everyone at 160 and 154 easily so he might as well move up? Because, I'm not sure I agree, I think Mayweather and Cotto might give GGG a lot of problems and if we're talking about legacy, beating Mayweather and Cotto, proven greats, definitely would add to GGG's legacy, were he to be able to do it.

If it were me, I'd like to see him face all three guys and then move up to Froch and Junior or Kessler, begin cleaning out super middleweight, grow into the weight naturally, become a more-recognized star and then take on Ward. Would I be upset with a huge Ward-GGG fight now? Not at all, of course.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Why should Floyd go near GG??

Mayweather is a WW.

A better question would be why won't GG go near Andre Ward.

Floyd has moved up from 130 to 154 pounds....winning titles along the way...and you make him out to be a coward.

GG on the other hand..

Is hailed as this beat yet hasn't moved up once and isn't interested in doing so.

You GG fans have to stop calling Floyd.....or anybody....a coward.
    Who do you think wins between Ward and GGG? Do you think GGG has a solid shot at upsetting the "man" at 168? You must think that if you are pushing so much for the fight. Me--I'm not so sure. I think part of GGG's success at 160 is his power and strength and Ward knows how to smother power well. It would be a good fight but I have to favor Ward.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way, Ring Magazine does not have GGG on their p4p list.

Thread Information