1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko-Fury Set for October 24 in Dusseldorf, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fury will get knocked out.
    Stop beating around the bush and cut to the chase already
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for that insightful analysis of the two differing styles meshing.

He may well do as most of the greats eventually do but not in his next fight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the question is will Fury be the 1st man vs Povtekin to actually try and beat Klitschko or will Fury go the same way as a Haye and try to survive aslong as possible and be happy with that
    Fury is the 6th undefeated fighter in Klitschkos last 7 fights and hes beaten them all with 18 consecutive defences. The record speaks for itself. He deserves his place as the most dominant fighter in any weight class for years.

It will be strange for Klitschko to face a man taller than him. The last time was when he fought Maruis Wach and he was equally clumsy and cooridinated as Fury. Posed a similar threat size wise but I think based on Furys last few contests he has finally learnt how to box. If it was the same brawler who went life and death with John Mcdermott this fight would be a non starter.
    The strategy Tyson adopts will be intriguing if he is allowed to follow a gameplan, standing of trying to outbox the much better boxer seems like tactical suicide. But so would trying to maul and rough up the heavier hitter with the superior technique. Tyson has to do abit of both and be prepared to dig deep in the trenches.

He isn’t going to win this with one style. Wvlad despite his age is better on his feet and would win the battle of the jabs, infact in every aspect of the sport he appears to trump Fury except for maybe heart. Benn a while since weve seen that challenged with Wvlad & it’s something Fury prides himself on. Hes gotta fight smart first though cannot fight with heart straight away because it will be a short night. If Fury is disciplined I can see him making it through 12. If he goes to war Wvladimir registers yet another Ko win

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Thanks for that insightful analysis of the two differing styles meshing.

He may well do as most of the greats eventually do but not in his next fight

I'm going to go against the grain and not agree with the unbiased peter fury.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    October 24th is a long way off. He'll be fine \ . /
    Forget all that. I'm pissed off nobody got my obliques joke

Well done Jim. It's a bit highbrow for us here and it certainly went over my head first time. Clever Bastard. The fact that the joke itself is oblique and so works on three levels should get you a modship at least (or is that a punishment ?)

Paddy 'o' Blique is more my level
    I still don't get it

Taxi!
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why isnt Tyson allowed to call himself Irish?

Lots of other races sround the world are let to label themselves another race or nation because of their herritage.

How many Irish or Italian wannabes in America are their? Or mexican, Peurta Rican?

Or jamaicans in London? Indians and Pakistanis in England?

Just because Tysons white and in England hes not allowed to be Irish even though his not too distant ancestors are actually Irish. Both his mum and dad came from Ireland. Its not too hard to understand. If he was in America it wouldnt even be questioned. Even Mike Perez doesnt get this shit saying hes irish!

Lots of these other people have absolutely no direct links to the race they perport to have descended from
    Nobody said he was not allowed to call himself Irish. He was born in England though so he is actually English. If being Irish means more, move there and apply for citizenship. America? Where do you start with that rubbish? Did you see Dara o Briain saying the other day how he spent a while in Boston and not one person could tell he was Irish. They all thought he had a British accent. Hopeless romantic PC rubbish. As though Ireland was the land of Saints and Britain full of Bullying Toffs.
    Well go to London and tell some yardies they arent jamaican
    You might have a point Jim has a Jamaican Flag before the English one
    Ha yeah, I'm from the London borough of Newham so yeah English born, Jamaican bred.

And thank's for getting my shit joke, I feel much better now
    My dad's an Irish gypsy and I'm a manc

Me and Tyson have a lot in common

I've never lived in a caravan tho

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Why isnt Tyson allowed to call himself Irish?

Lots of other races sround the world are let to label themselves another race or nation because of their herritage.

How many Irish or Italian wannabes in America are their? Or mexican, Peurta Rican?

Or jamaicans in London? Indians and Pakistanis in England?

Just because Tysons white and in England hes not allowed to be Irish even though his not too distant ancestors are actually Irish. Both his mum and dad came from Ireland. Its not too hard to understand. If he was in America it wouldnt even be questioned. Even Mike Perez doesnt get this shit saying hes irish!

Lots of these other people have absolutely no direct links to the race they perport to have descended from
    Nobody said he was not allowed to call himself Irish. He was born in England though so he is actually English. If being Irish means more, move there and apply for citizenship. America? Where do you start with that rubbish? Did you see Dara o Briain saying the other day how he spent a while in Boston and not one person could tell he was Irish. They all thought he had a British accent. Hopeless romantic PC rubbish. As though Ireland was the land of Saints and Britain full of Bullying Toffs.
    Well go to London and tell some yardies they arent jamaican
    You might have a point Jim has a Jamaican Flag before the English one
    Ha yeah, I'm from the London borough of Newham so yeah English born, Jamaican bred.

And thank's for getting my shit joke, I feel much better now
    My dad's an Irish gypsy and I'm a manc

Me and Tyson have a lot in common

I've never lived in a caravan tho

Tyson and I
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Eric, do you sound like Jon Richardson when you talk?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really care who wins as both fighters are equally frustrating to watch. It would be better to see Klitschko lose though as the HW division is stale and because of him extremely boring too.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

never heard him talk

my accent is like a softerned salfordian accent, ryan giggs went to my school so i have the same accent as him but a bigger willy

why do you ask?

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    never heard him talk

my accent is like a softerned salfordian accent, ryan giggs went to my school so i have the same accent as him but a bigger willy

why do you ask?
    You've seen Ryan Giggs willy?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like this fight. Fair play to Fury for taking it. I was convinced hed go after Wilder or Chagiev. I think Wlad will stop Fury but I think its his toughest test for years. Fury definitely has a better chance than Haye had in my opinion yet he is 4/1 compared to Haye at 6/4ish.

@ross - you going to go to this. Id love to go but wont be able to get the time off work

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I really like this fight. Fair play to Fury for taking it. I was convinced hed go after Wilder or Chagiev. I think Wlad will stop Fury but I think its his toughest test for years. Fury definitely has a better chance than Haye had in my opinion yet he is 4/1 compared to Haye at 6/4ish.

@ross - you going to go to this. Id love to go but wont be able to get the time off work
    I think Fury will win but I also very much want him to win as much as some of the sad cunts here cant stand him as it will be fucking hilarious watching the tumbleweeds in here when he does when all the experts are proved wrong.

I am also superstitious and think if I put money on a fighter it jinx's them. Iv bet plenty on fights before but in fights where the outcome didnt bother me.

I have already booked accommodation. Then ill book fight tickets but leave travel late in case Wlad pulls out like he did against Chisora twice. With Haye shitting his pants twice im not too comfident Wlad wont pull out. The hotel can be cancelled with no fee so hopefully I dont lose any money if it doesnt happen.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross you seem to have this me against the world attitude with respect to Fury. I don't think Fury will win, as it's been WAY too many challengers that have talked big, only to walk sheepishly into the ring and lay down for Wlad. I'd love nothing more than for someone to walk in hit Wlad in the mouth and see how Wlad reacts. He hasn't had that in many, many, many fights and it's about high time someone did just to see what happens. I've always thought Wilder has a better chance of upsetting Wlad than Fury does, but I watched his last fight and was not overly impressed. I honestly don't care who does it, as long as I see it sometime before Wlad retires.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ross you seem to have this me against the world attitude with respect to Fury. I don't think Fury will win, as it's been WAY too many challengers that have talked big, only to walk sheepishly into the ring and lay down for Wlad. I'd love nothing more than for someone to walk in hit Wlad in the mouth and see how Wlad reacts. He hasn't had that in many, many, many fights and it's about high time someone did just to see what happens. I've always thought Wilder has a better chance of upsetting Wlad than Fury does, but I watched his last fight and was not overly impressed. I honestly don't care who does it, as long as I see it sometime before Wlad retires.
    Ok you dont think he will win, I do.

You have seen smaller, older, less skilled, less willed fighters get in there with Wlad happy to be there and let Wlad dictate the pace.

What your about to see (unless Wlad pulls out) is a massive, fit, young, strong willed fighter who throws combinations, can move excellently for a heavy and pressure, push Wlad and break him down.
    Last edited by Master; 07-10-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Thread Information