Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Ward may be a great boxer but the guy is one hell of a douche outside of the ring.
    No way.

Family man and one of best nice guys in the sport of boxing today.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will see GGG protected from ward but a kovalev fight is one that can happen.

Disappointed we havent had an announcement yet on wards next fight.

4 times a year?!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward wants GGG then Kovalev

A few people are upset at the "Douche" label. It's not a word I'm trendy enough to use, so I don't know how insulting it is.
    All I know is that despite being one of the World's top fighters, he lets himself down with some of the unnecessary horse shit he comes out with. (Some of which I put in an earlier post.)
    It's unnecessary, because most people believe he would win all the fights he talks about. However, the problem is that most of it is talk , and everybody just wants to see him fight.
    He's probably getting paid very well without fighting much, but ultimately he will never be able to get his career back, and could've cemented his legacy a lot more with more activity.
    And before anybody says that's down to his team or promoters etc. well he just got out of one wrangle with promoters, so he should learn his lesson. There's no-one else to blame.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Ward may be a great boxer but the guy is one hell of a douche outside of the ring.
    No way.

It's not a slate on his morality or ethics it's about the rubbish that pours out of his mouth. He fights Paul Smith...Paul Smith? at a catchweight and then tries to make it something it wasn't ,going on about having to watch for Smith's big right hand ? What big right hand ? The guy believes his own hype. Froch retires and then Ward goes on to say how he saw a lot of himself in Froch, always looking to challenge himself etc. Ward refused to challenge himself and fight outside of Oakland for most of his career, or America, and then wants the same props as guys who regularly travel to fight. Chalk and Cheese Andre, not the same at all. Now apparently he is going to fight Kovalev and then it turns out he means maybe next year. There seems to be no concrete offer to fight GGG either and yet already everyone is giving props to somebody who has fought once in 19 months and then against a washed up journeyman at a catchweight and yet Golovkin who has defended his titles 6 times is apparently the hype job.

Admittedly not the biggest douche in the Universe (Broner ? Chavez Jr ? Dame Cotto? FMJ?) but surely a contender ?

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    He better watch out fighting Kovalev.

He's got an arm like a leg, and a punch that can sink a battleship.
    Lol. Scary!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way.

It's not a slate on his morality or ethics it's about the rubbish that pours out of his mouth. He fights Paul Smith...Paul Smith? at a catchweight and then tries to make it something it wasn't ,going on about having to watch for Smith's big right hand ? What big right hand ? The guy believes his own hype. Froch retires and then Ward goes on to say how he saw a lot of himself in Froch, always looking to challenge himself etc. Ward refused to challenge himself and fight outside of Oakland for most of his career, or America, and then wants the same props as guys who regularly travel to fight. Chalk and Cheese Andre, not the same at all. Now apparently he is going to fight Kovalev and then it turns out he means maybe next year. There seems to be no concrete offer to fight GGG either and yet already everyone is giving props to somebody who has fought once in 19 months and then against a washed up journeyman at a catchweight and yet Golovkin who has defended his titles 6 times is apparently the hype job.

Admittedly not the biggest douche in the Universe (Broner ? Chavez Jr ? Dame Cotto? FMJ?) but surely a contender ?

Roy jones never had to leave the country to fight?

Joe calzaghe had the majority of his fights on home turf.

There are many fighters that you could put under that same umbrella.

The actual truth is that deep down inside you don't want ward fighting GGG as it would ruin everything.

Lets just play it safe and keep calling him a douche and boring fighter hoping he will fade away from fighters the majority put up on this hagler pedestal!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way.

Roy jones never had to leave the country to fight?

Joe calzaghe had the majority of his fights on home turf.

There are many fighters that you could put under that same umbrella.

The actual truth is that deep down inside you don't want ward fighting GGG as it would ruin everything.

Lets just play it safe and keep calling him a douche and boring fighter hoping he will fade away from fighters the majority put up on this hagler pedestal!
    Look Golovkin is not Hagler and Ward sure as hell isn't either but it is quite a rational reaction to watch Golovkin fight and rate him on the ability that he has shown. All anyone hears from Golovkin haters is how it's all hype etc as though none of us had ever actually seen a boxing match before. You could see it all the way back in the amateurs. Nobody is doubting Wards ability or wanting him to conveniently fade away, quite the opposite. He should be fulfilling that potential by fighting, not merely talking about it. If Golovkin goes up and fights Ward he has already done enough to earn everyone's respect, losing that fight would not ruin everything at all. If you really think people only admire Golovkin for his unbeaten record then you are deluded and not a great judge of ability yourself. Yes he has flaws, yes he can be hit, but he is out there challenging himself by trying to clear out the division. Calzaghe and Jones never had a super six style tournament in which the other participants all took turns fighting away from home. That particular bit of arrogance is Andre's hallmark, he thinks because of his ability he can dictate to everyone as a SOG, when the reality is that Prize fighting is also an entertainment business, and his drawing ability is nowhere near his boxing ability. He doesn't help that by the rubbish he comes out with out of the ring.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward will never have that enertaintment/marketable image that mayweather or oscar have.

We have to deal with what we have and that is a guy that will continue to dominate whoever he fights.

If GGG wants to stay and clean out the lower middleweight divison who can blame him when he has massive paydays against canelo or cotto.

I just want the best fights and perhaps ward is now slightly bending to get those fights made sooner rather than later...

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just think whenever someone outside of boxing calls a boxer the biggest "douche outside of the ring"... that someone better have some cold, hard facts to back it up. Otherwise, don't complain when your favorite fighters are called douches or worse.

@Greenbeanz , had it been a British figher called "the biggest douche outside the ring" you'd be all over their shit, and demand to know why. Well... turnaround is fair play and since nobody is above the forum standards here... then you should be able to back up your claim no problem. Again... I'm not a Ward fan. Matter of fact I hate his inactivity and his penchant for boring fights. But "douche outside the ring"? At some point we have to be held accountable for the insults we so easily hurl around. Calling Margarito a douche or JCC Jr. a douche is easy enough to defend. Both are well-known cheats, and in the case of Junior he has sponged off the family name to get more than a few concessions handed to him in the form of bent rules. But Ward? From everything I've read, he seems like a well-liked family man... no drug background... no cheating accusations... no wife-beating incidents... So again... why the douche label?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I just think whenever someone outside of boxing calls a boxer the biggest "douche outside of the ring"... that someone better have some cold, hard facts to back it up. Otherwise, don't complain when your favorite fighters are called douches or worse.

@Greenbeanz , had it been a British figher called "the biggest douche outside the ring" you'd be all over their shit, and demand to know why. Well... turnaround is fair play and since nobody is above the forum standards here... then you should be able to back up your claim no problem. Again... I'm not a Ward fan. Matter of fact I hate his inactivity and his penchant for boring fights. But "douche outside the ring"? At some point we have to be held accountable for the insults we so easily hurl around. Calling Margarito a douche or JCC Jr. a douche is easy enough to defend. Both are well-known cheats, and in the case of Junior he has sponged off the family name to get more than a few concessions handed to him in the form of bent rules. But Ward? From everything I've read, he seems like a well-liked family man... no drug background... no cheating accusations... no wife-beating incidents... So again... why the douche label?
    Solid post. I doubt she'll be able to answer without an illogical, personal attack.

Ward is world class. Not the most exciting, but he puts in his work, and ALWAYS wins.
    Sad but true, he'll only be a PPV level (read:$$$$$$$) until a media hyped fight materials into reality

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward has not done shit for ever when the last time fought someone worth a shit Froch how long ago was that fucking for ever ago like the guy but he just had not done anything in years. I am sure ward fine outside the ring he is a boring nice guy who takes care of his family not much hate on. As for jcc jr i do not know how much you know about him Tito but seems like a stoner and to be fair if your parents were rich most likely take advantage of it. As for these fights i have no idea what to think GGG and Kovalev fight so i am sure they keep going regardless as for ward i will see what he does because it has been a while since he fought a top guy. Saying your going to and doing it are different things Ward says he going to fight the guys but its been years since he fought a top guy really.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HA! Get over yourself. Not once Have I used the words "the biggest douche outside the ring" . I don't have to back anything up, I am more than entitled to my opinion. If you really think Ward is such a shining example then good for you, but I am not going to stop posting my opinion to keep your very selective PC agenda served. I am not going to resort to @ name mentioning or sucking up to sycophantic brown nosers who will tell me how wonderful I am in Spanish. Hebrew or some clumsy attempt at Swedish or whatever dialect that poster is supposed to speak in order to ingratiate myself. I seriously could not give a flying F**k if you slagged off every British fighter there has ever been.

"You better have some cold hared facts to back it up" You sound like a slightly over the hill, camp MacGyver
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HA! Get over yourself. Not once Have I used the words "the biggest douche outside the ring" . I don't have to back anything up, I am more than entitled to my opinion. If you really think Ward is such a shining example then good for you, but I am not going to stop posting my opinion to keep your very selective PC agenda served. I am not going to resort to @ name mentioning or sucking up to sycophantic brown nosers who will tell me how wonderful I am in Spanish. Hebrew or some clumsy attempt at Swedish or whatever dialect that poster is supposed to speak in order to ingratiate myself. I seriously could not give a flying F**k if you slagged off every British fighter there has ever been.

"You better have some cold hared facts to back it up" You sound like a slightly over the hill, camp MacGyver

Someone forgot to take their meds todaaaaaay......

"My very selective PC agenda"?? What the hell does "PC" have to do with anything, other than your "Paranoia Complex" (hmmm wait... now there's a fit) whenever someone calls you out?

"@ mentioning"? "Sucking up"?? The only @ mention I did in my post was YOU, to make sure you'd read and respond to my post, since you practically ignored the first one. "Sucking up"?? Don't even get me started on that, since it's long since been established since the beginning of time that if there is someone here with a PhD in sucking up.... it's you, my good man. You could offer conferences on the subject if you so chose.

Then you continue your rant saying I could "suck up" in Hebrew, Swedish, or some dialect... continuing to say you wouldn't give a flying f**k if I slagged off every British fighter there has ever been.

My first reaction is you'd better increase your dosage of meds for your own good. We wouldn't want an artery to pop while you're venting such anger. Now that I've seen your picture, it's easy enough to understand your attitude. Of course.... you then end your post with a smiley face, in an amateurish attempt to disguise your anger.

All of this... and you still managed to avoid the question or address any of the points that followed. I must say.... all in all a very disappointing response. Guess I'd better go suck up to the MODS so they can make you write something meaningful 100 times in a whiteboard.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone forgot to take their meds todaaaaaay......

"My very selective PC agenda"?? What the hell does "PC" have to do with anything, other than your "Paranoia Complex" (hmmm wait... now there's a fit) whenever someone calls you out?

"@ mentioning"? "Sucking up"?? The only @ mention I did in my post was YOU, to make sure you'd read and respond to my post, since you practically ignored the first one. "Sucking up"?? Don't even get me started on that, since it's long since been established since the beginning of time that if there is someone here with a PhD in sucking up.... it's you, my good man. You could offer conferences on the subject if you so chose.

Then you continue your rant saying I could "suck up" in Hebrew, Swedish, or some dialect... continuing to say you wouldn't give a flying f**k if I slagged off every British fighter there has ever been.

My first reaction is you'd better increase your dosage of meds for your own good. We wouldn't want an artery to pop while you're venting such anger. Now that I've seen your picture, it's easy enough to understand your attitude. Of course.... you then end your post with a smiley face, in an amateurish attempt to disguise your anger.

All of this... and you still managed to avoid the question or address any of the points that followed. I must say.... all in all a very disappointing response. Guess I'd better go suck up to the MODS so they can make you write something meaningful 100 times in a whiteboard.
    "Now that i have seen your picture it is easy to understand your attitude" Seriously mate you seem to have had an Irony bypass. I am not at all angry. Since when did this place get so full of bedwetters. I really don't give a toss what you or anyone else thinks, so your 5 year grudge and dumb groundless accusations of sucking up just show how limp you have become. I challenge you to find ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of me sucking up. Then post it on the non - boxing boards or just drop it and go back to your mutual back slapping.

Andre Ward is a douche. There said it again. I don't have to qualify or justify it. He doesn't post here, is not about to lose any sleep over it, and when you actually get down off your high horse and read the thread you will see I have explained fully my reasons for saying so. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. You do realize that pretending that Margarito or Chavez Jr or anyone else is somehow fair game for your never ending bitching, and that supposed role model family men like Ward are off bounds is truly ridiculous, do you not ?

What a diva. You are starting to sound like another Dame with your silly demands
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    He better watch out fighting Kovalev.

He's got an arm like a leg, and a punch that can sink a battleship.

The good ole Irish Descendants. I love that band. Seen them live three times.

Thread Information