Thread: Just got my 2 and a half year old daughter some Focus Pads and Gloves

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Just got my 2 and a half year old daughter some Focus Pads and Gloves

She's been saying "Oooof Oooof" since last Summer when she sat on my lap and watched an AJ fight

Last month or so I've started to give it the "Mr Miyagi" by doing light "Timing and Co-ordination" training with Bubbles, basically blow a load and get her to pop them with her fists (naturally saying Ooof Ooof a lot)

So got her these 4oz leather gloves from Amazon earlier with some focus pads that fit adult hands.

Don't really want her fighting as a Pro or nothing but definitely want her to be able to Kick Ass when shes's a woman should she ever get any aggro or end up in a position where it'll keep her safe.

Gives me peace of mind.

Chose Black and White as her little Brother who's due in 5 weeks can use them when he's old enough

Blk/White Curved Focus pads, Hook & Jab Pads with Gloves & FREE hand wraps

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LDVZQ...age?th=1&psc=1

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just got my 2 and a half year old daughter some Focus Pads and Gloves

Bud those are some snazzy gloves. I know it's early but with Oooof Oooof she might do announcing and easily put Mauro Ranallo out of a job . Something tells me no matter her career path she'll be safe. "Training with bubbles"

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just got my 2 and a half year old daughter some Focus Pads and Gloves

Haha yeah she loves punching bubbles, keeps her hands safe too

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Far too late, you should have done it as soon as she could walk.

Those gloves will be bigger than her.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    She's been saying "Oooof Oooof" since last Summer when she sat on my lap and watched an AJ fight

Last month or so I've started to give it the "Mr Miyagi" by doing light "Timing and Co-ordination" training with Bubbles, basically blow a load and get her to pop them with her fists (naturally saying Ooof Ooof a lot)

So got her these 4oz leather gloves from Amazon earlier with some focus pads that fit adult hands.

Don't really want her fighting as a Pro or nothing but definitely want her to be able to Kick Ass when shes's a woman should she ever get any aggro or end up in a position where it'll keep her safe.

Gives me peace of mind.

Chose Black and White as her little Brother who's due in 5 weeks can use them when he's old enough

Blk/White Curved Focus pads, Hook & Jab Pads with Gloves & FREE hand wraps

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LDVZQ...age?th=1&psc=1
    She already kicked your ass with a beatdown SMASH ?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smallest i could find at 4oz, by hook or crook those gloves are on her fists as soon as they arrive. If they are too big she'll be using the worlds biggest hand wraps to fill them

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forget what AJ fight it was that first fascinated her last April but she was only 20 months old here

12933096_10154114332779083_7236093692582477315_n.jpg

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My daughter started Taekwondo at about 7 ( her auntie won many medals and trophies in it back in the day) along with her older brother, and you are right in that it not only helps them have the skills and confidence to look after themselves as they grow up, when you can't always be there, but also instills discipline. My boxing trainer (schoolboy) had died by the time she was ready to start boxing training, and she never really had the desire to put the gloves on so I never pushed her. A few well placed round kicks to the head were always going to keep her pretty safe if she was attacked and so I was happy anyway.

I also used to do Jiu Jitsu back in the 1980's long before it got to be a foundation of MMA and the UFC and taught her what I could remember from that (mainly balance and how to defend your self when an armed attacker comes from behind). It's important to keep it fun when they are really little so I think you have the right idea mate. My stepson was pushed so into football training by his Dad who meant well that it totally turned him off it and he hates it now
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    My daughter started Taekwondo at about 7 ( her auntie won many medals and trophies in it back in the day) along with her older brother, and you are right in that it not only helps them have the skills and confidence to look after themselves as they grow up, when you can't always be there, but also instills discipline. My boxing trainer (schoolboy) had died by the time she was ready to start boxing training, and she never really had the desire to put the gloves on so I never pushed her. A few well placed round kicks to the head were always going to keep her pretty safe if she was attacked and so I was happy anyway.

I also used to do Jiu Jitsu back in the 1980's long before it got to be a foundation of MMA and the UFC and taught her what I could remember from that (mainly balance and how to defend your self when an armed attacker comes from behind). It's important to keep it fun when they are really little so I think you have the right idea mate. My stepson was pushed so into football training by his Dad who meant well that it totally turned him off it and he hates it now

Agree with the discipline thing 100% , i really don't want her spending all her spare time stuck in front of an Xbox chatting shit to her mates online.
    She's already proper hyper like me anyway
    The bubble game is brilliant, just blow a load of bubbles and make it fun, really good way of getting them used to letting their hands go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

punchng bubbles try on the sand box

Thread Information