Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    People may not like Pacquiaio's stated views about homosexuality or abortion, but last time I checked it was not illegal to have a viewpoint that didn't correspond with that of the snowflake liberal millennial West.

The Philippines are a massively traditional Catholic country, so it's not entirely surprising that a rags to riches Filipino might have those views. I certainly don't see any reason to condemn the guy for having some beliefs, whether I agree with them or not.

Despite what people may think about Pacquiaio's political or ethical views, or indeed what he may or may not be like as a human being .... the guy is a bona fide boxing legend, who has myriad all time great accomplishments in the ring.

Broner, meanwhile, is a story of wasted talent and lack of discipline. Numerous sexual assault changes, all sorts of nasty videos on the internet and a catalogue of unpleasant crimes and convictions.

He tried to be a Floyd Mayweather type 'heel' but never had the talent in the ring to get away with it or to generate any noticeable public interest. He is a bit like Zab Judah in that e had loads of talent, but simply never made much attempt to maximise it.

Sure, Pacquiaio is well and truly on the slide and, sadly, seems to be pretty broke .... but I still hope ha has too much for Broner.
    Yeah, it’s just beliefs. Except when the Catholic Church celebrated, supported, and helped carry out the holocaust, just beliefs. Or the Sudan, or Serbia, or now in Africa teaching people not to use condoms telling them they have microscopic holes in them to transmit HIV. Teaching people to get HIV and to die by the millions.. (I’ve personally witnessed this countless times working for doctors without boarders for years) Name a time they weren’t committing genocide and I will tell you the genocide you aren’t aware of apparently. But it’s okay, 50 years after each they will apologize. Or it’s okay because it’s just beliefs.

This post will probably be taken down because it’s rude to question religion but it’s okay to kill by the millions for beliefs. That’s not rude. Beliefs have more value than life and more protection than life.
    It won't get taken down because of questioning religion, but if I questioned the holohoax
    No views ever get taken down, that's why we have off-topic boards. There's not a single topic in history that hasn't been discussed on here a million times.

I despise the views and opinions of many people on here without actually disliking the individual.
    Agreed, attack the argument, not the individual.

Cool theory. Many here preach it but don't adhere to it.
    Are you implying that I attack individuals?

No. Not you.
    Cool, I try my hardest to keep emotions out of it, we are all human tho and it's understandable when things get personal at times, especially when someone is challenging your beliefs or your way of thinking.

No worries. I've been here long enough to where I've read the writing on some people's foreheads. You may have some weird beliefs on some things... but you're usually very restrained when arguing.... a very good trait.
    You could give classes to a select few around here.
    It's a knowledge, not a belief or a theory.

Remember I was taught the same as most of you were, thought exactly the same things, believed the same things up until awhile ago. I actually was a bit of a space geek. Now after extensive research, that is still continuing today, I realize that equations are not empirical evidence.

But back to boxing, have Broner's legal issues hindered his training and prep?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner

People may not like Pacquiaio's stated views about homosexuality or abortion, but last time I checked it was not illegal to have a viewpoint that didn't correspond with that of the snowflake liberal millennial West.

The Philippines are a massively traditional Catholic country, so it's not entirely surprising that a rags to riches Filipino might have those views. I certainly don't see any reason to condemn the guy for having some beliefs, whether I agree with them or not.

Despite what people may think about Pacquiaio's political or ethical views, or indeed what he may or may not be like as a human being .... the guy is a bona fide boxing legend, who has myriad all time great accomplishments in the ring.

Broner, meanwhile, is a story of wasted talent and lack of discipline. Numerous sexual assault changes, all sorts of nasty videos on the internet and a catalogue of unpleasant crimes and convictions.

He tried to be a Floyd Mayweather type 'heel' but never had the talent in the ring to get away with it or to generate any noticeable public interest. He is a bit like Zab Judah in that e had loads of talent, but simply never made much attempt to maximise it.

Sure, Pacquiaio is well and truly on the slide and, sadly, seems to be pretty broke .... but I still hope ha has too much for Broner.
    Yeah, it’s just beliefs. Except when the Catholic Church celebrated, supported, and helped carry out the holocaust, just beliefs. Or the Sudan, or Serbia, or now in Africa teaching people not to use condoms telling them they have microscopic holes in them to transmit HIV. Teaching people to get HIV and to die by the millions.. (I’ve personally witnessed this countless times working for doctors without boarders for years) Name a time they weren’t committing genocide and I will tell you the genocide you aren’t aware of apparently. But it’s okay, 50 years after each they will apologize. Or it’s okay because it’s just beliefs.

This post will probably be taken down because it’s rude to question religion but it’s okay to kill by the millions for beliefs. That’s not rude. Beliefs have more value than life and more protection than life.
    It won't get taken down because of questioning religion, but if I questioned the holohoax
    No views ever get taken down, that's why we have off-topic boards. There's not a single topic in history that hasn't been discussed on here a million times.

I despise the views and opinions of many people on here without actually disliking the individual.

No. Not you.
    Cool, I try my hardest to keep emotions out of it, we are all human tho and it's understandable when things get personal at times, especially when someone is challenging your beliefs or your way of thinking.

No worries. I've been here long enough to where I've read the writing on some people's foreheads. You may have some weird beliefs on some things... but you're usually very restrained when arguing.... a very good trait.

Remember I was taught the same as most of you were, thought exactly the same things, believed the same things up until awhile ago. I actually was a bit of a space geek. Now after extensive research, that is still continuing today, I realize that equations are not empirical evidence.

It's a belief, but I don't want to litter the boxing board with the flat earth deal. Two threads on this are more than sufficient. I'll only say you've conveniently dismissed or ignored countless facts presented to you while continuing to push your own beliefs. Beliefs... knowledge... call it what you will. Your knowledge are someone else's beliefs and vice versa. I tend not to get too hung up in wordage.

On Broner, I can't say I've kept up with his troubles... mostly because I couldn't give a rat's ass about anything Broner says or does. I tried to listen to a 24/7 segment someone posted a while back where Broner was attempting to sound deep..... and almost lost my lunch.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. Not you.

It's a belief, but I don't want to litter the boxing board with the flat earth deal. Two threads on this are more than sufficient. I'll only say you've conveniently dismissed or ignored countless facts presented to you while continuing to push your own beliefs. Beliefs... knowledge... call it what you will. Your knowledge are someone else's beliefs and vice versa. I tend not to get too hung up in wordage.

On Broner, I can't say I've kept up with his troubles... mostly because I couldn't give a rat's ass about anything Broner says or does. I tried to listen to a 24/7 segment someone posted a while back where Broner was attempting to sound deep..... and almost lost my lunch.
    You two should get a fucking room...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

No. Not you.

You two should get a fucking room...
    Or a flat!

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles.... THAT was funny.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles.... THAT was funny.
    It was
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So how much is this fight in the US? I looked at the add but they didn’t list the price

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Breakfast at Manny Pacquiao's house began with a silent prayer, followed by more silence around the big dining room table as his massive entourage waited for the fighter to take the first bite.

On the morning menu in the Hancock Park house were steaming plates of rice, topped with slices of beef. A helper set a few pieces of chicken in front of Pacquiao and a small plate of dried fish to go with the rice and beef he had already half finished.

No need to watch his food intake in this training camp. Five days before his crossroads fight with Adrien Broner, Pacquaio was on his normal routine of five meals a day totaling 7-8,000 calories, almost all of which he'll burn off in the day's workouts.

The Filipino senator, philanthropist and boxer is in the winter of his athletic career, gearing up for what could be one big last fight. Saturday's bout with Broner isn't it - even with a pay-per-view price tag of $74.95. Pacquiao trains with the knowledge that a rematch with Floyd Mayweather could possibly be just months away if all goes well.

It's why he began the day with a five-mile run in the rain through Griffith Park. It's why he was at the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood a few hours later, pounding the mitts of trainer Freddie Roach before piling in a caravan of vehicles to head down the interstate to Las Vegas and what he hopes will be a spectacular night in the familiar MGM Grand arena ring.

''Not all boxers who reach the age of 40 can be like me,'' Pacquiao said, pausing to turn some Sinatra on his phone to accompany his breakfast. ''The discipline is still there, the hungriness to work hard and focus on the fight is still there. More importantly the fire is still there and so is the speed.''

Pacquiao used that speed to build a reputation and then a career that, even in the hard-scrabble sport of boxing, is remarkable. He began boxing to earn a $2 prize to help his mother feed the family. He made several hundred million dollars fighting, much of which he's given away to others in the Philippines.

He's back with Roach and on his way to his first fight in Las Vegas in more than three years. Everything seems familiar once again, a throwback to the days when he routinely fought for $10 million or more - and in the case of his 2015 bout with Mayweather, much more.

The Los Angeles house is a gathering place for Pacquiao, his family, and the ever-changing entourage that follows him at every step.

It's also a shrine of sorts, with pictures of Pacquiao lining the hall and one of him standing over a prone Ricky Hatton upstairs. There's a 2009 trophy for fighter of the year from the Boxing Writers of America and an ESPY from the same year, a reminder that it's been a decade since some of the glory of his past.

And just behind Pacquiao's spot at the head of the dining table is a painting of the Last Supper, a reminder of his devotion to religion that starts with a morning prayer and ends with Pacquiao on his knees at night with a final prayer before bed.

''When I punch I'm not relying just on my own strength,'' Pacquiao says. ''In my hands is the power from God.''

The talk is confident, though nothing more than what any fighter needs to believe before getting in the ring. Pacquiao has relied on his natural speed and power for a remarkable 24 years in a pro career that began at 16.

He's an icon in his country, a senator whose 40th birthday party had a special guest in President Rodrigo Duterte. There's speculation Pacquiao might one day hold that office, and he says he's devoted to his work in politics and his work in fighting poverty in the Philippines.

But he's also at an age where most fighters have long since retired. Boxing is a brutal sport, and long-term exposure usually isn't good for your health.

But the sound of gloves hitting the mitts held by Roach at the Wild Card is unmistakable, a rat-a-tat-tat that is testimony to Pacquiao's claim that his speed and power remain intact. He wants to knock Broner out not only to set up a possible rematch with Pacquiao but to show he's still got fight in him.

''His work ethic is great, his footwork brilliant,'' Roach said. ''This morning I got four calls from people telling me Manny was out running in the rain when he should have stayed inside. I said bring him an umbrella.''

Pacquiao didn't get the umbrella. He was soaking wet as he came in the front door of his home to meet, back from his run with a white towel wrapped around his neck.

This was moving day, when the entourage would pack up in vans and head down Interstate 15 to Las Vegas. Many would make the trip with Manny, others would come to Las Vegas later, hoping to get one of the 1,000 or so tickets that Pacquiao bought for his followers for the fight.

Pacquiao headed up the stairs to the shower, past a wall of photos of him in his biggest fights. For now, at least, time is frozen as he tries to will himself into the fighter he was a decade ago.

Downstairs, helpers started cleaning empty plates from the table. It was time to break camp, time to settle into the routine of fight week.

And, soon, time to find out just what Manny Pacquiao has left.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/breakfas...6233--box.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard they wanted to do a Face-Off with Pac and Broner........... but after about 2 minutes Broner became mentally exhausted, as he had used up all thoughts inside his head.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard they wanted to do a Face-Off with Pac and Broner........... but after about 2 minutes Broner became mentally exhausted, as he had used up all thoughts inside his head.
    Manny doesn't suffer from that form of exhaustion because he has no thoughts at all.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Manny doesn't suffer from that form of exhaustion because he has no thoughts at all.

Yeah we get it. You're a Pac hater, blah, blah, blah.

Forget your hate for a second, and tell me who you think is more capable of providing an intelligent, coherent conversation between the two.

A man who for whatever it's worth has gotten into politics in his own country? Or a wannabe thug who grunts incoherent shit and somehow still gets microphones thrust at him after fights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really dislike when people are unfair toward Manny.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloSNM View Post
    Well you’re not gonna enjoy this forum then mate. welcome by the way.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloSNM View Post
    Well you’re not gonna enjoy this forum then mate. welcome by the way.
    I agree. This forum doesn’t to have an abundant amount of Pacquiao fans. I’m definitely not one.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So how much is this fight in the US? I looked at the add but they didn’t list the price
    75 bucks and unfortunately it's the only fisticuffs that night. Might be in Fla but if home there'll have to be some serious day drinking for me to shell money out for it.

One thing I've ignored is how Manny deals with Broners punch. If Broner has the nerve and commits inside he might just catch Manny with some telling uppercuts. I'm still going with Broner staying on his stool around 10 or 11th.

Thread Information