Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
So in a career of about 20 years and 5 divisions you need to speculate about a 6th division to come up with 7 names he didn’t fight that you would have liked him to fight. And you see this as an argument against him, that should be an argument for him.

You use when and where he fought Oscar, Shane, Hatton, and Cotto against him when it is well documented that they rejected offers from him, at the times you would have liked, at 140 for Ricky and Miguel, a decade earlier for Shane and Oscar. Keep in mind none of these 4 made him a counter offer. In fact they all flat said no. Or “we aren’t looking to fight him right now” is the best, softest version of no.

I think people just don’t see how wildly unjust they are to Floyd. Dude was and is a dirtbag so he deserves it. But it’s not like Pacquiao has 1 or 2 losses, he has 7, and 2 draws. And Floyd made him look f’n easy H2H. This really should not be a debate. It’s like who is tougher Superman or Aquaman. Aquaman had a great career but f, Superman is Superman. Obviously not saying Floyd is Superman but there is a reason he could make hundreds of millions of dollars with a style most don’t appreciate, because he was that damn good.
I came up with fights off the top of my head that I would have liked to see as a boxing fan. MY BAD Ron, MY FAULT, I'm sorry I didn't know that was something I shouldn't do. I said Floyd is rated higher in my own personal opinion as well. He's well over Pacquiao.....doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to see Floyd fight an undefeated Miguel Cotto as I think Cotto gave him a great fight as it was. I think Hatton at 140 is a totally different animal than Hatton at 147, but I think Floyd wins, it's just vs what Hatton...147, the shitty Hatton. He put up a good fight, gave a good account of himself, but do you not agree that Hatton at 140 was better than Hatton at 147? Use your eyes...tell me Hatton looked better at 147.

Those are BOXING as a sport issues and I as a fan of boxing can and will point that out. Sorry you seem to have a personal issue with my take as a fan on issues like that.

How am I unjust to Floyd? Did he or did he not specially pick out his opponents? JMM at 147 a guy who previously never fought above 135...oh it was SUPPOSED to be at 144, but then mysteriously this changed and JMM weighed in at 142 and Floyd at 146 and on fight night? JMM weighed in on HBO's unofficial scale at 148 and Floyd? Oh he declined to be weighed ....but hey he's the GOAT right? He's not trying to screw someone over to keep his 0 right?

You act like Floyd is the only boxer ever in the history of all time to be speculated about. Get a grip. He's a great fighter, but yes he picked and chose who, when, and if he was going to fight and what the stipulations would be for the fight....and as I said he still had to do (and he did) the business in the ring and all props to him for that otherwise everyone would be undefeated.

But yeah, cry about any boxing fan being "too harsh on Floyd" to someone else